UEFA CL /// Next season's group stage as it stands///

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 1, 2016.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sean has been around ...hell he has even banged Madonna ...so i know his got some silver and gold hanging around that slim shady neck of his..but man Vigo in "Eastern Promises" was legendary material, a think "Not of this world" and the entire production was TOP SHELF...i still go back once a year and watch that movie...every facial expression ...the body language and his sensitive side mixed with his rugged strength and physical violance etc etc...i am not sure u are being fair...Vigo should have been awarded not Sean..but hey its the OSCARS...a paid and bought for ceremony for the UBER RICH to promote their own or their next of kin and imeediate family....so nowadays at least for me..i dont put much thought into who gets an oscar or not b/c its all rigged and set up beforehand...look at the oscars this years FFS???

Dage repped this.
  2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ---> Alatriste , strange never heard????? Will look it up...hope its on it-tunes!
    speaking of historic movies how about kingdom of heaven man ?? Am a bit biased ( massively:speechless::devilish::devilish: lol ) towards Eva Green...and it that movie SWEET LORD better not go further ...lets say i can follow a woman like her to the gates of Hell:devilish: and beyond:ninja:...just being an honest man dont hate me for it:whistling::whistling::ninja::ninja::alien:

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As usual watched the game 2 hours later on fohlen tv.
    The Kolo nightmare continues!!!! Is this the same player that has won 2 EL trophies and used to play in Sevilla???
    He almost gave a PK away and his sloppy passing continues.I thought he would be a deadly engine for us in the back field with lots of ball skill and fire power...so far not even average ..or at least how i see it.
    Hahn has vanished absolutely...my question remains??? Is it his bad form ( in Hecking's eyes?) or he just cant fit in the Hecking system...or ?? Last night he couldnt even bring his physical scrapping into the game???
    As lucky pointed out the Ref was pretty weak last night.
    Very happy that Hofmann scored his first goal...on the road and in a very important game:)
    One thing i sensed ( hope am wrong) the wind has been taken away from under our wings a bit.Good thing is nobody can complain about it...we are punching much above our weight since the 2nd half of the season started...it was only a matter of time for it to catch up with us:confused::(:rolleyes::whistling::speechless::sneaky:
    Did anyone else notice this??Granted S04 tried to throw everything at us ...specially after receiving that thrashing few days back in Borussia Park.You think at the moment we are in a solid spot.Scoring the away goal and hosting them at home...but for some reason i dont see a whole lot of safety net below us.Yan Sommer is getting better with every match and kept us in the game:cautious::D:p;)

4. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well.. Hofmann scored the crucial away goal but otherwise was miserable. I've read on tm.de that he's only won a single tackling and completed only 12% of his passes. If he's pressed well, he's out of the game. I hope Herrmann starts next week. With Kramer, Christensen and Herrmann to add as as starters Schalke have to even play much better than yesterday to go through. I don't see this, another spanking is more likely.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I never read the stats ( but u cant deny it as a great tool specially for coaches and players) For some reason Hofmann seems like a working horse and busy bee thru the entire game...only thing i have picked up is that he lacks that final squeeze and putting the game to rest at critical times...but he makes up for it with his work rate...but taking the stats u mention about into account makes me wonder now???? I think his the type that will get better with playing time and he has much more room to improve whereas Drmic for example has disappointed me..am still waiting for him to show some sort of breakthrough ...but does not seem like it sadly:(
    Pretty impressed with Herrmann.He is playing strong and solid and the turbo's are coming back to life like the old days.He is a blessing for us.
    Raffael seemed flat last night as well.I hope we can finish them off and move deep into the EL.For some reason though losing 1-0 on the road normally gives you much needed power to change the tides in the return game...am not a fan of 1-1 results ...because it gives you this fake hope and security blanket that may work against you..i hope Hecking and the boys are aware of this concept ( speaking from experience purely ):eek::unsure::cautious::sneaky::speechless::thumbsdown::oops:o_O

Dage repped this.
  6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Which Borussia will show tonight????
    The galloping one that leaves all competition in their dust...or?????:sneaky::whistling::unsure:
    Stindl seems doubtful:confused:
    Raffa has recovered...but past few games he has not been performing.He also gave away the ball that was converted into a goal by Schalke last time.Anyway even a semi ready Raffa is crucial for this team at this point of the season...so lets hope he can create some magik tonite and inspire the team to perform to their limit:ninja::alien::alien::devilish:

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    *Raffa was blatantly fouled by the schalke players before they got the ball back & scored their goal.

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not looking good right now....

9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Clattenburg :ROFLMAO:

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was also some bad luck--the first goal hit a bump in the field...

11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow Clattenburg.. this should be the final nail in the coffin for his international referee career.Even the Schalke fan I was watching with in the pub immediately couldn't believe it's a penalty. What a disgrace.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  12. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Without the refs help Schalke scored one goala across the tie, a goal that needed a divot in the pitch for the ball to end up in the back of the net.

Oh well, at least now your depth won't be as strained by playing on three fronts.

Dage and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sadly you think that should be the case...but this kind of low and shameful refeering standard continues to flourish in Fifa & Uefa.One thing i love the NFL over our football is the instant reply rule .I dont care if it slows down the game...at least you dont get rubbed with your lively hood and destiny.How on ********ing earth was that a PK??? I mean ...where does one draw the line.Have we ever seen one of these referees being held accountable after a game??
    Oh and Mr.Drmic once again proved he can not score ...no matter what the circumstance!Before Christensen's goal we should have been 1-0 up...drmic was almost on the goal line with nothing in front of him..even the Scahlke goalie was going in a different direction...but he's header went wide...very wide AGAIN!
    What else can we say except we got "screwed" big time...and to save face we can only say now we can focus on the Buli & Pokal.Nah my pain runs deep...cause this game was handed over to the opponent on a silver platter.Johnson's early exit didnt help us at all either:speechless::speechless::speechless:

:mad::confused::confused::mad:

Dage repped this.
  14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was/still am so happy that under Hecking Dahoud is back to his full potential and shining better and brighter by each game passing by and considering the load he has been carrying i had nothing but praise for him...a bitter sweet situation considering most likley he will move away from Gladbach come summer.Seems like BVB has ironed it all out.When he scored today after a nice combination with Raffa and after destroying S04's fortress with that long range hammer...i was even more happy.That he would leave Gladbach on a very positive note...who would have thought no other than Dahoud would be penalized and everything he has done will be washed away in no time thanks to a very solid and in-control referee ( more like a Dbag fruit cake if u ask me )
    Such a bitter pill to swallow.Who knows how far we would have gone if not eliminated ???? The draw could have fallen in our favour.....after 2 decades moving deep into Europe was our deserved right...and to get screwed like that ...i have no words!
    I wanna talk about Drmic ...but whats the point really??? And whats with Kramer?? Did he ask to get Sub'd again or??? Strobl has dropped in class and quality.He seems so much not like the player he used to be at Hoppenheim...not sure if there is some sort of chemical in Monchengladbach's tap water or breathing air...that whoever moves there suddenly loses intensity and power!
    :confused::mad::(:eek::whistling::cautious::thumbsdown::sick::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were trying to save Kramer for Sunday, I'll bet, as we were up 2-0 at the time. Losing Johnson early did not help, though.

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HUGE mistake by Hecking...and am surprised.You dont wanna bunker up for 45 against Schalke...dont you agree Bennes or Hahn would have been a better choice and re arranged the lines ???? Strobl killed us...combined with the world-class officiating of the referee!!!o_O:whistling::(:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

17. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is that he has incurred a serious ACL injury.

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #568 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    From the German text there was some issues concerning the Medial collateral as well (hope am wrong and maybe i should go back and translate it)....sadly its the worse type .Sometimes its isolated and only about the ACL but in football and winter sports and NFL..sadly they go hand in hand.Its the worse kind its also called "O donoghue's triad or Horrible triangle"...in football happens with sliding tackles hitting the shin bone of the other player thats when the MCL ( medial collateral ) gets injured with the ACL...problem is that Medial collateral Ligament is a part of the medial meniscus..they are attached...so along with the ACL and MCL you will have damage to the medial meniscus...very very tough and stuborn injury at some instances carrier ending:(
    Oh well.....what else is new the injuries were the same during Favre..they continued during Schubert and are getting worse under Hecking...in my time playing football ( as a pro) and then following it as a hard core fan...never seem one team sustain so many crucial injuries to all their key players!
    I just hope we can utilize our young players and put them to the test?
    :whistling::unsure::eek::cautious::speechless: