UEFA CL: Feyenoord vs. Napoli - Matchday 6

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    everyone have mindgames every now and then but this seemed much more off.

Guardiola calling us the best team in Europe only for Sarri to play a proven self-destructive team in Manchester and get humiliated completely ruined this team's self-image.

el napulitan repped this.
  2. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Maggio has been surplus to requirements for the last 3 years. now Sarri relies on him to the point he is willing to make both flanks weaker by playing Hysaj on the left. not a good manager at all. a provincial serie C or D manager.

3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know what Pep said but did anyone actually think that Man City was going to go out there and try to win that game?

They are thinking about Man United this weekend.

Not that it mattered anyways.

4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I love Sarri, wouldnt trade him for anyone. Maybe he is a poor manager and more stubborn than Bruce Wayne but he is an excellent coach and tactician in his own right. It is not easy for anyone to set the world on fire with only Callejon and Ounas as options for a right wing. We quickly forgot how obsolete Ounas really is when you talk top of Italy - I predicted he wouldnt be able to be taken seriously in a competition with Callejon and I was right - a much bigger name/ proven player shouldve been brought in. That being said Callejon is arguibly the shittest player I've ever seen play for a top team, its like what Milan are trying with Borini the only exception is Borini doesnt get carried.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  5. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Honestly this just came down to timing of the draws. Shaktar got to play a team that just wasn't interested after qualifying.

6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    No, I said in our last home game that Shak would be hungry and are a good team so would be hard for city to win.
    In no way is Sarri an excellent tactician. He has one tactic, doesn't react to games, doesn't make changes that help us, in fact he often makes changes that sway the game in the favour of our opponents. he has no plan B, we all knew juve would park the bus. Eeveryone but Sarri that is who did not use his tactician skills to come up with a plan.

Also he is partly to blame for his lack of options. Why do we no longer have Zapata or another center forward? someone physical. Why do we not have a good LB cover even though we had one in strinic? Why is pretending we don't have a 26 million euro defender on our books? Why is he ignoring the shitty Giaccherini cant do Callejons job just as well and rest Callejon? there are no excuses for Sarri regarding lack of options when he doesn't use the options he has. then he goes and says retarded shit like this which is why he will never win anything (hope I'm wrong but doubt it.)

His reasoning for playing a dogshit Hamsik and callejon no matter how tired they get over a fresh guy is retarded and shows he does not belong with the top guys.

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #57 Sacki, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Then why dont everyone play like we do? We even lost Higuain and are still a top team. Would you rather fight for top 6? I agree Sarri is too stubborn, but he himself is a Napoli fan and for him personally Hamsik and Insigne are untouchable, same goes for Callejon but that is for a different reason no one knows about.
    Sarri biggest strength is also his biggest flaw, he kills himself training these lads only for pretenders like Hamsik to let him down. Part of me wanted to sell Hamsik for 60-70 million after the season he had and make Jorginho captain. Hamsik has been a fraud like Benitez, a complete loser in every way for years now - and how could he be a winner when he's never won anything? How can he in his 30's lead a team when he himself needs someone to lead him? We need a real face in the squad to lead... bring Pocho back, sign Casillas, hell I'd even take Inler at least he can tell Hamsik a story of what it was like winning the English league riding the bench. My point is surround yourself with losers for long enough and you'll become losers yourself, its not the best conditions for our rather young squad.

Hamsik is not even the biggest problem anymore (or was he ever?), in fact I think he is doing better than I expected (at least in Serie A). It's the shitdick Callejon I just cannot stand, he is an Espanyol player at best, he was a loser in Real Madrid, he is a loser for Napoli, no incentive to know what it takes to be an attacking player for a big team - anddd he looks like he is not even sorry for playing like a bag of dildos for months now. He should be riding our bench just like he rode the bench of spain and real madrid for years.... Callejon, truly a real loser...

+ pretty sure ADL wouldnt let zapata train with the 1st team

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What shall sarri do when that asshole ADL is not buying anyone?

Maggio and Hamsik then come and blame the first game against Shakhtar ignoring they lost today.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Callejon, Maggio, Hysaj.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    El Nap,

Agree Sarri does retarded stuff butbwe saw what Benitez did with these players.

Sarri has flaws but what coach would finish top three twice with this squad.

The problem is ADL. Before that I refuse to blame coaches.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Whatever im not mad. We prob would of lost in the round of 16 anyways. Lets just focus on Serie A.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You also have a provincial mentality. We have to be furious.

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My bigger priblem is that having watched this last 8 games this was coming. 1 goal in 3 Serie a games and that was a penalty. We creat no chances. The team is worn out.

I mostly blame ADL but Sarri cannot handle a big team. Even if he gets stars he will mismanage.

14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What are we supposed to do ? Hey id love to see us win the Europa league but thats not going to happen because this team feels that its to good for it. Since we have won so many fcking trophies.

Just looking at the reality of things. Getting pissed off over things we cant change does nothing.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree. It is what it is.

But Sarri’s and the players deserve a big slap. We can’t grow when we always screw up in Europe.

We made fun of Roma and now we are the laughing stock and we deserve to be. Say what you want about Juve. They always go up.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The way we are playing I don't see a win against Fiorentina. Last year around the same time we gave everything away. We lost at home to Besiktas as well.

17. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    The sooner we realize the flaws with this team the better, the start we had in the Serie A can hopefully carry us to January, at that time we need 3 players. I agree about Callejon, Hamsik and Hysaj being problems. I also don't think we should sell any of them. What we need is a new face at right wing and new face at right back. Those 2 are the priorities. Vsalkjo and either Verdi/Berardi.

If we get those 2 players and Inglese comes in as well with Milik and Ghoulam coming back from injury, we will have a squad that can handle EL and Serie A.

If we get those 2 players i expect our EL team to look like this:

Ounas-Milik/Inglese-Verdi/Berardi or Callejon
    Zielinski-Diawara-Rog
    Rui-Chiriches-Maksimovic-Hysaj
    Sepe/Reina

The reason i put or Callejon is simple, with Verdi/Berardi in the team, against a weak opponent I'd put one of them 2. If we go away from home against a tough team (games against Inter, Juve etc...) I'd use the more defensively safe option of Callejon.

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    By not qualifying we lose out on 15-20 million so dont expect 3 signings... unless 2 of them are free players.

Vrsalkjo
    Lavezzi
    Inglese

Im very happy with just these 3

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    they are not the captain are they? I meant Hamsik doesnt have the charachter to lead a scudetto winning team - we have to carry him.
    People think Hamsik is Nainggolan or something with the way he looks, but truth is he spends more time looking down at the grass than he does communicating to his teammates.

20. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    People wanted benitez out because he wasn't the right man to take us to the next level; winning silverware and stuff. So if sarri becomes trophyless this season, he will still be put on a pedestal. We will basically be the arsenal of serie a, a few moments of good football won't win us trophies

21. Napule

Napule Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If Sarri learns to rotate more, trust players like ounas and rog and Adl buys good options for him I dont see why we cant win the league. When we're in form we can beat any team in the league home and away. The issue right now is players are tired and Sarri doesnt trust the second line. His whole 80% of 10 speech reflects on his lack of experience as a player I think. Hopefully he extends, the Juve talk is bs (I hope).

22. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    AS get out of such a difficult group yet we cannot defeat Shahtar, or Rotterdam. They still have Shick on the bench, ready to be used. It's almost unbelievable how Napoli can change the situation form absolute euphoria to absolute depression. It's a whole lot of fun to be a fan of this team. I would like to kick Mertens in the nuts.