UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 20, 2015.

1. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you say "Tell Louis to bounce !" in German ?

2. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Im all in against Juve now

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was following the score on my phone. When we were up 2-1 I thought we might have a chance. Then it seemed like the flood gates opened up when Fabian the Great came off.

I'll watch the game one night this week.

Still Champions League.. HOLY COW!!

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am also womdering how Fabians absence killed us... But he was limping and his face seemed like he was in pain.. And immediately Mo D was sub'd
    and once he was off the flood gates opened ...also Wendt was sub'd was it because all players where absolutely out of gas? I hope so because if they where willing to play and had the fuel in their tanks then Schuberts decisions killed us
    We where up 2-1 till the 69th min but we where getting bossed all thru the 2nd half if the plan was to just save the result and keep compact then we failed in all those areas...but how we suddenly fell apart and rolled over seemed like the entire team just couldn't perform anymore from an energy standpoint ..i hope it was that vs the tactical substitutions !
    But man that free flowing one touch lightening passing game of the first half was world class..i hope we can come back with a win against Neverkusen at least and keep up with the rest of the pack in table:thumbsdown::rolleyes:o_O:eek::whistling:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken most likely can answer that !

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #156 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    I had one of my pre game feelings about this result but didn't wanna even be negative here on the board... But honestly did you expect any help from those Italians?
    I wanted to see the boys in Europa League at least and as much as i am happy about how well they performed i suddenly feel so empty after seeing this team finding its rhythm.. Man o man Hahn and Hermann and Domniguez where massively missed last night:((((
    You would have thought Juve would at least level with them.. But no they picked us and had to level with us at Borussia Park..even at nationalelf level the Italians have our number and it's the one team i truly fear :(

7. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going forward, the extra rest might do them good. Hard for me to be as upset at this as you folks are.

Rosebud repped this.
  8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm disappointed, as I would have liked to have seen them on the European stage a little longer--especially as they were so close (leading or drawn late against City both times). But the fatigue took its toll (that and playing Bayern only a couple of days before).

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First time in CL - I'm fine.

Would be awesome if we could do it again next year ;)

Rosebud and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That of course and as per usual not lose key players .... each and every year it's building from scratch:(
    Would be amazing to enter the CL again and not lose players..am not hugely upset but they deserved to stay in Europe longer....

11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    absolutely agree! a match with two totally different halfs once again! ... we're able to beat every team on a good day but surely not every other day... and given the injuries and the lacking depth of squad in comparison to established CL teams... (nevertheless I'm totally astonished that the tiny team from GENT made it into next round: in history not even in Belgium they generated a buzz) but our style is CL-compatible, we never looked like rookies (though ... first match is pretty foggy in my memory :) and with some more experience and class...
    EL would be nice but to tell the truth: if the elimination brings us in the happy position to reach the high placings in BuLi again I'm fine! the "we'll come back! stronger!"-story has to be told ;-)

Xhaka: the 14Mil must be a joke! market value is 20Mil at least and they have to buy him out of a long lasting contract... if I remeber correctly (and rumours are true) buy-out for 2017 is 35Mil... but the ugly Bavarians have already asked at the start of the season and could have a better position to sign Granit: in terms of topography and perspective (United lost ground the last years and isn't exactly state of the art like once)... but we're gonna lose him after the season I'm afraid... at least without playing CL next year...

12. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    "Sag Ludwig, er solle sich schleichen!" I guess ... or more directly: "Schleich Dich, Ludwig!" [-> creep away]
    but there are a lot of other possibilities ;-) depending how noble (or not) you prefer to speak
    anyway his United-days are numbered it seems

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just when GX became a pivot ( both mentally for the squad and also with his ball skills) we will most likely lose him...unless unless his love for Gladbach and schubert combined with a great offer from Eberl will keep him here..doubt it though.Combined with a departure by Mo Dahoud we are back to square one again...man its a curse we live with ( always have) as VFL Fans!!!!:speechless::speechless::confused::confused::(:(:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::mad:

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A win over Neverkusen is still a tough task,they are strong and dangerous and no easy opponent..considering the mental blow against Man City and the heavy load we have carried on our shoulders the past few weeks..id be even happy with a draw:eek::thumbsdown::whistling::thumbsup::alien:

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    yes, but in the last ~30 years we not only lost the very good players (they mostly were very scarce to tell the truth ;-) not to speak of excellent players...) we lost the good ones, too
    nowadays we lose the outstanding ones (young but established top-targets in Europe?, Xhaka is TOP Ten my guess) 'only', but the best of the rest aren't always on the go... and if you ask Kramer (who had to leave because of the loan) if he would prefer playing for Borussia or Vicekusen his answer ... I don't know for sure but I have a slight hunch ;-)

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess if we reach 3rd in the end we probably won't lose anybody important with the exception of maybe Christensen.

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am hoping with some consistency ...such as finishing for a Euro spot again perhaps we can keep em here...but for some reason we never have enough ..never have that final attraction to keep the good ones...yes money wise we are not a club that can compete with the rest..but there seems to be other factors that frankly i still can't figure out..that makes players leave vs other club...cant place my finger on it...but its not just the lack of big fat contracts...at least in my opinion.
    Even building the new stadium hasn't changed much...at least not yet:thumbsdown::geek::rolleyes::whistling::confused:
    I really like to see X Time and Dahoud stay...and see Hahn back healthy like a horse ...all that being said i don't like Gladbach to turn into a target for bandwagon fans and i hate walking down the street and see people that haven't kicked the football once in their entire lives be wearing Gladbach jerseys...our tradition had always been about young cheap talent and solid performance and team work that brings down big fat rich clubs to their knees...so i guess its some sort of a trade off as Gladbach fans we are willing to pay...lets see what Eberl has saved up his sleeve in the transfer window for now...and wether or not Schubert can kick B04s ass on Sunday..Hertha is level on points with us and a bunch of teams are chasing us that only need a couple of points....some seperation in the table before winter pause would be great:D:alien::D

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey Bananen
    I've been wanting to ask you this...you live in Faroe Island right??
    Whats it like...ive been always curious and fascinated to see that place...is it all in my head or its worth travelling to???
    :cautious::sneaky:

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #169 Bananenflanke, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    it's like watching sheep, shearing sheep, grazing sheep, getting wet, counting sheep, tending sheep, getting wet again, driving sheep, slaughtering sheep, watching whales (while getting wet), eating sheep, feeding sheep, nurturing lambs, (rarely) slaughtering whales and if you get bored: watching (wet) sheeps again! after that start from scratch! (the Faroese people don't count sheep to fall asleep: it makes them nervous!)
    if you're getting older and don't need a new thrill every five minutes it's pretty recreative!
    but: that's NOT my location, I don't live there and never have

I just support their national team: when I saw their goalie playing a UEFA-qualifier wearing a bobble-cap http://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/i...uto.7af4bc59-6cc9-4466-89bc-c6d1e57b9d2c.html I was hooked! unfortunately and ironically it was Gladbach-legend Simonsen who talked him out of it…. yes, definitely scratches on his monument! I just like teams which despite all their flaws pack a helluva punch (they have beaten Greece twice '14/'15 within seven months! in EC-qualifiers! barely 50.000 inhabitants! much more sheep! didn't count them though!)

back to topic:
    according to this here http://www.halbangst.de/borussia-verstoerende-visionen-in-manchester/ there were bigger inconveniences at our away match
    City tried to keep German supporters out of every block (except the away block) cancelling ticket-orders from German adresses … that didn't prevent some Gladbacher from getting tickets with the help of English friends ... when they started cheering after our goals individual English spectators demanded the stewarts to remove them and apparently in some cases they did! so not cool!
    anyway: "Bit loud this lot." pic.twitter.com/K2zVj476Je

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.