UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 20, 2015.

1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's a last vid from the 2nd leg match against Juve at Borussia-Park.

Bonne nuit.

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah but Schubert seems to have done a better job this season. The Man City match was one of his first games I think.

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    City was very lucky in that game....I have a good feeling about the return game in UK:thumbsup::D
    They will fold easier than you think:devilish::devilish::devilish:

4. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Each to his or her own. Personally, I love a sort of 'bear bones' shell around a stadium ..it just has a more down to earth feel. No surprise that I get off on scaffolding :laugh:.

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That bear bone structure and feel is following in the footsteps of Bokelberg and its Kult like Pedigree and i will not change it with anything ... Specially something Italian :thumbsup::cautious::devilish::alien:

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's some pics I took in Seville back in September (our first CL game).

http://img4web.com/g/SMBY8

Let's hope for "revenge" on Wednesday when I'll be at Borussia-Park for the decisive group match concerning spot 3.

Buona notte.

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    All the best today guys, go Gladbach!! :thumbsup:

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Occult has spoken
    VFL 1900 3-1 FC Sevilla
    :devilish::alien::devilish:

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Occult wasent so off after all eh?
    What a shame... The draw with Juve could have easily been a Win at Borussia Park and even the man city game was ours to take away something from it.... Nonetheless it's always nice to send Spanish Midgetball teams back to Spain steamrolled
    Nice work Andre Schubert
    I guess we are still alive in Europe which is great on so many levels
    :thumbsup::):ROFLMAO::alien::alien::D:rolleyes:

12. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    every home game, if I'm not mistaken, has had an amazing Tifo. The whole stadium, against city; the party popper and confetti against Juve, and now this against Sevilla. those supporters in that Nordkurve :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

another view;

[​IMG]

13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    ah, yes, this was kind of entertaining!
    a floating exchange of blows with open visor
    doors wide open day (fortunately on BOTH sides)
    I thought: what is Favre thinking if he watches (I guess he did) this?
    the new week would begin with some extra sessions to strengthen defensive compactness one could imagine
    but then the central-defender-situation at the beginning of the season came to my mind
    1. first and overall: the incarnation of leadership, Stranzl
    2. Mr.reliable: Jantschke
    3. closely followed by Dominguez
    4. not to forget Rooooooooel
    5. Nordveidt as fill-in
    6. two rookies
    and not even four months later ?
    who of them played in this hyped competition where the continent's best teams meet?
    gives me the creeps, shaky defense or not...

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You must have hacked into my brains...because I was exactly thinking the same and what's he thinking now watching our Colt's???? the master tactician Lucien Favre layed the foundation but the more time goes by the more I feel gutted about how he left us.... If all humans in charge decide to leave their post's and bunkers upon pumping into the first obstacle well....nobody would have achieved anything on this planet!
    As for our D-Line
    I think they are for real and it's good to have those veterans also on that bench...my only concern is Toni?????
    And Thor and why they are not getting playing time??? But if anything we can use that defensive depth...was great to see Schulz and Alevedi on that pitch as well:sneaky::thumbsup:
    Last but not least my hat goes off to the folks that printed those massive banners up top specially my favourite of all time GLADBACH 5-1 REAL
    Let's hope we can inflict the same damage on the British vessel's port and stern side and send Man City and their Arab barbarian owners to the bottom of the ocean in proper style...they got so lucky walking away from Borussia Park will all 3 points :mad:

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The loss at home to City really hurt. Had that stayed a draw, we'd have a chance for the next round.

I will guess, however, that City doesn't send out their top squad for the last game. They have already qualified and have no need to waste their efforts.

16. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #141 Bananenflanke, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    I'm not sure, winning the group isn't that trivial
    neither Juve (good for us!) nor City should feel an increased interest to face Barca or Bayern that early
    both opponents would mean the certain & inglorious death for the sheik-crew I guess ;-))

anyway, you're totally right about the loss against City!

17. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    not only our CB-situation is kind of special
    right wing, too: Herrmann injured, Hahn injured and Traoré out after 4 minutes... darn! I thought... but offensive play is still floating! in CL!
    which brings us to Drmic: he is looking better! Schubert told they worked on Drmic' wing-performance the last weeks because of the injuries and his need for more 'room'

Toni seemed a little bit shaky against H96 and there was talk about his shoulder still hurting (not sure if we see Stranzl again this year, he wasn't even on the bench)
    Thor got playing-time at the start of the season... and man, did we suck! (I'm not saying it was his fault, but...), he surely has room for improvement in 1on1s (something countable from his many chances wouldn't be bad either)... moreover: he did something stupid in demanding more playing time in Belgian media... yes, you and him are right: only this is gonna help to improve but going public does not 'fertilize' his relationship towards the supporters, and more important not towards his colleagues and the most important not towards his coach (rumour has it he's extra-touchy in this field)... breaking ranks is just not smart playing for a team "with no stars" as spanish quality-paper El País wrote today
    Schulz may have lost his place to Christensen (just?) because of the flu before the C*l*gne-match if I remember correctly... and from this point on Andreas was 'delivering'... I'm pretty sure Schulz is gonna be a fine Bundesliga-Player... maybe in defensive midfield (Dahoud already seems to be a logical target for the big, ugly & especially rich ones)

weird: the WELT (big nationwide newspaper) is getting enthusiastic today about Borussia claiming that Gladbach (and not Bayern or BVB) is playing the kind of soccer everybody wants to see

18. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great result against Sevilla and that Tifo was great. Form has been awesome with the surge up the table. Hope it continues, would like to see BMG back in the CL next season for another go.

Dage and Borussia repped this.
  19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #144 Borussia, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    I witnessed a hell of a game at Borussia-Park on Wednesday night! :thumbsup: I've rarely seen so much intensity & so many scoring opportunities during the whole 90 minutes in a CL group stage match ... it was pretty obvious from the start that both teams went for the 3 points. This time, we didn't dominate them as much as we did in our last home game against them (which I attended as well) ... ball possession was pretty even, I think ... thankfully our guys were more clinical this time. Lars Stindl "man of the match" and Fabian Johnson with a superb goal (killing the game off after some nerve-wrecking moments for any BMG fan in the 2nd half). Even Josip Drmic impressed me when he came in early for the injured Ibrahima Traore ... his good performance should hopefully boost his confidence.

It was high time to finally beat Seville and get the 1st CL victory ... and the opportunity couldn't be better, since we badly needed all 3 points in order to keep our chances for spot 3 alive. We're relying on Juventus now (a draw from them in Sevilla would be enough for us to qualify for the EuroLeague), as I don't expect us to win in Manchester ... however, I gladly take this risk when I remember our situation after the 0:3 in Andalusia. :)

Big kudos to our team & manager!!! Wir sind stolz auf euch!!! :thumbsup:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...analyse_borussia-mgladbach-15_fc-sevilla.html

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/matches/round=2000634/match=2015744/index.html

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/borussia-moenchengladbach/lebt-noch-43551616.bild.html

Some nice pics + 1 more vid:

http://img4web.com/g/ZP87B
    (my own photo album around this game)

Buona notte.

Bananenflanke and Epitome990 repped this.
  20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We have all the tools to make them BLEED PROFISELY in UK
    :cautious::thumbsup::devilish::devilish:

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Many moons ago we travelled to City and won that European battle in style
    1.Lienen
    2.Kulik
    3.Gunter BRUNS
    scored 3 times for us.... Will the tradition continue ????
    :):eek::thumbsup:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was bound to happen...running out of gas and paying the price for our thin player depth... But talk about the first half and all that flawless free flowing one touch passing game... It was just such a joy to watch !
    At least it wasent in the league and pokal:confused:
    Btw this is from a solid source seems like Man U is willing to shell out 14 Mil for Granite:speechless::(