UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 20, 2015.

1. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These were the two things I took away from the match. Always enjoy getting a chance to watch Juventus play. The Dane is getting better by the game. Long way from his Dortmund performance. By contrast; most other ref's would have shown Dominguez the door.

BMG defended for their pt. Congrats, 1st in UCL. Never really threatened to score beyond a few half-chances where their intricate passing game failed them. Just highlights the downside of Drmic' failure to factor at all.

2. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite the 0-0 this was a fun game to watch... Very impressed with BMG's defending and their pace, passing and movement on counter attack in the 2nd half. I thought they might nick it before the end but they just lacked that final pass in the last third. Good away pt., hope they can continue the return to positive form.

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We are still alive...thats all that matters.Not many teams can walk away from Torin with a draw:thumbsup:
    I can't blame the boys for being a bit nervous up front...we could have even created some serious scoring chances...thru FJ and Raffa:speechless:
    My biggest question is not utilizing Hazard by Schubert...the kid had a massive progressive curve under favre and last season..now he is invisible and never in the starting 11:confused:
    Am happy with schubert...who isn't??? But Hazard needs to get on that pitch.I would have also liked Hahn sooner on that pitch last night:eek::whistling::whistling::whistling:
    Last night Hermann was massively missed...if that left flank was moving better...we might have created one of the biggest upsets.
    Anyway as i said all that matters is that we seem to be getting better by every game...and we are still in the thick of it:thumbsup:;):D:alien::alien:

What do you know...Uwe seems like have brought us the much needed luck and a very vital point!!!

www.fotobahn.com

4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank god for Allegri. Bringing Pereyra on really helped them take over the midfield, but fortunately they took off one of their only wide players so that they couldn't capitalize on the possession they dominated for the final 30-35 minutes. Allegri bringing on Zaza instead of Dybala was just the icing on the cake.

Either way I was impressed by that first half before you started running out of steam and Juve took over the middle.

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #105 Borussia, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    As I only returned on Saturday night instead of Friday (enjoying the great weather conditions in Aosta valley - with trips to Monte Cervino, Gran Paradiso and of course Monte Bianco) and slept almost the whole Sunday ... so I didn't manage to go online so far. I'll be posting a couple of great pics and a statement to the match & our great support later on.

Perfect analysis.

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    ok, we need a win today, if we really want to hibernate in Europe
    Juve isn't exactly in best shape (10th in Serie A, coach Allegri is given the count) but did well in CL so far
    question is if we can make their defense togger... certainly not the fastest of all but they overcompensate it with their experience and their (unrivaled?) cleverness
    Schubert: "We've developed an idea and gonna try to set Juventus tasks."
    Jantschke is out (but his injury not that bad), Korb uncertain (I hope and bet he's gonna play)
    http://www.borussia.de/english/team...=15501&cHash=907f883497850b4858df9ec54309b935

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's make history tonight
    Upwards and Onwards
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::devilish::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dage repped this.
  8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Plsssss YES! JOHNSON

9. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Playing in god mode at the moment. All over juve.

Sorry about Hahn

Dage repped this.
  10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were done after about a half-hour. Always too small and too soft, when you add too slow to the equation winning isn't possible. Exhausted, they abandoned their pressing/passing game and spent the rest of the night hoofing the ball to the Zebras-who were never going to concede the aerials.

All the red card did was save them from defeat. Juve were happy to leave them run around the perimeter. On another day, those long volleys go in and bail them out. Today; it was Licht's that kicked in.

Stindl's flubbed header-winner only serves as illustration that the lack of a rangy ,true CF and all the injuries are what is setting Muenchenglad................back.

Let us hope they can find some players who aren't tired for the weekend match.

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now, with all of the injuries, I can excuse this team for being tired. We are never as deep as a Bayern, and this is especially true when you have injuries. We have won 6 straig in the league and a couple of Cup games, so I'm ok with this.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not complaining, just observing.

Really need to think about what they want to accomplish in January.

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #113 Borussia, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    First of all, I was kinda surprised that Schubert didn't bring on a real striker (Hrgota or Drmic) when we played a handball style with total domination around their box ... as we needed to create chances and capitalize on them against a strong defence like that of Juventus. But well, maybe Hrgota and Drmic are really too bad to even play 15 minutes on CL level.

Impressive first 30 minutes with the deserved lead, then Juve got stronger while we played too passively and made a huge defensive mistake (Wendt + Johnson with awful positioning against Lichtsteiner, you simply can't do that on this level)) ... so the 1:1 result was fair at half-time. After the interval, Juve started better and created 2 scoring opportunities ... then the red card for Hernanes (looking harsh at first impression, but justifiable when watching the replay) totally changed the momentum, granting us total control of the game without being able to create many scoring opportunities against their massive wall despite the pressure. Unfortunately, we didn't get rewarded with the winner (2 huge saves from Gigi Buffon) ... nevertheless, I'm content with the 2nd draw against the CL finalist of last season (hitting the woodwork twice against them). If we manage to beat Sevilla in our next home game, we have a chance of finishing the "group of death" as 3rd (qualifying for the EuroLeague).

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...cht_borussia-mgladbach-15_juventus-turin.html

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...634/match=2015719/postmatch/report/index.html

http://www.borussia.de/english/team/news/borussia-news/news-detailansicht.html?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=15511&cHash=623bcb6de9889be0f70fddefc8587d12

http://www.borussia.de/english/team...=15515&cHash=d16a909f35600e0de9edf80a24e7ada2

Btw: Unfortunately, I didn't manage to upload the impressions from our away game in Torino so far (too busy lately). Gonna do that soon, though (maybe already tomorrow).

Gute N8

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #114 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    We took them by storm in the first 35 min...I had flash backs of the beating we gave Real (5-1) in Düsseldorf during Jupp's era.
    The right flank could have been more utilized ( even tho we scored from that side) it was left abandoned for long stretches.The injuries are simply too much..we are missing half our regular players...Hermann and Hahn could have been the difference last night...my only complaint is why Hazard was not introduced earlier????
    But we suddenly went flat and out of steam after the goal ( which is understandable to a certain point)the pressing and speed vanished and along with that down the tube went our game management and smarts..still can't blame the boys and Had not Juve scored before the half we could have most likely dictated more of our game plan in the second half....the equalizer could have been avoided...Domiguez was at fault as well....at least from my angle of view..but I think oscar and Fabian felt it was off side...they where too soft and out of place during the equalizer and perhaps taking for granted that the first 45 will end at 1-0...am not complaining . Combining the league results the pokal victory and the storm we created last night and comparing it to over a month ago and how deep a hole we where drowning in...let's say the contrast is MASSIVE.We are still walking a very fine thin line...we desperately need a solid Striker and to sort out the coaching situation.As long as Schubert is surfing with style on the victory wave and has the players support I guess all will be quiet on the western front.....question is how would Eberl and Co respond to the hiccups that we will sooner or later meet during this season????
    Last night also should have been a night for Branomir....are they really that bad and out of sync with the system that they don't deserve to play???? ( including Thor)
    The boys can compete...they are having fun and with what they have they are trying to be efficient as possible and it's safe to say they have succeeded in that dept so far....but boy a victory would have been really sweet.
    And how about that Dahoud guy....am already worried and I mean really worried over how many teams will be after him in no-time....this kid can go head to head with all of them in Europe...and at such a young age...I thought Reus was the golden boy....not anymore

:alien::devilish::alien:

www.fotobahn.com

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I cannot properly analyze a match I've watched on the ground because there are too many distracting influences
    just some remarks I'm able to pass:
    for maybe half an hour I was pretty sure to witness a historical win
    then the magic, the confidence, the greed, whatever suddenly was gone ... I hoped they were resting for second half when Lichtensteiner (who wasn't supposed to play at all), badly defended, put the ball in
    I'm definitely not sure if the red card prevented Juve from winning (at least they looked very focused before) but I'm pretty sure it prevented us from scoring because with one man down they immediately batten their hatches down extra-waterproof (like they and the better Italian teams did so often)
    so in second half I got a little bit frustrated but thinking of the last years, our situation four of five years ago... in sight of the fact we played Juve (yes, their defense is state of the art on this soccer planet and lightyears away from Hertha's ... at least that was unmissable copped up on the stands ... but nevertheless and contrary to the 'first leg' we got our chances!) and bearing in mind that we don't have even one international from a noteworthy soccer-nation and that we fielded totally unexperienced players like Christensen and Dahoud (who strangely enough even has failed to impress in U23 last season ... and who unfortunately despised the wonderful, inviting alley which unexpectedly opened in front of him in Juve's penalty area [exactly directing to me.... I shouted "Come to me Mo!" but he didn't ;-)], that we had to bring in Nordveidt (good job!) totally out of position ... realizing all that and bringing this long sentence to an end, I took a deep breath, sighed and decided to go for a "overall, maybe it's as good as it gets"-attitude (it's not good to be frustrated for too long ;-)

0006 - Kopie.JPG 0011 - Kopie.JPG 0013 - Kopie.JPG 0036 - Kopie.JPG 0045 - Kopie.JPG 0052 - Kopie.JPG

cortisoljunkie, dips82, Borussia and 2 others repped this.
  16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe now we have what it takes to beat Sevilla in Germany and remain in Europe???

dips82 repped this.
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am pretty happy with 18 points in our bag in such a short drive....only thing i would like now is to create some decent separation and cushion in the Buli Table.That if accomplished can take off a lot of pressure of the lad's and give them much needed breader :thumbsup::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #119 Borussia, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    I finally managed to upload some impressions from our way game in Turin ... gonna post them together with a few nice vids of both legs against Juve this Saturday.

Btw: Did you notice that Gigi Buffon went to our Nordkurve after the final whistle and apparently asked for a BMG scarf in return for his gloves? Guess what happened ... some idiots among the Ultras refused the request! :mad::rolleyes: Embarrassing, isn't it? Thankfully, other Ultras showed more brain & fair play and gifted Gigi a BMG scarf some minutes later before he entered the team bus (after apologizing for the behaviour of their mates). Well done. :thumbsup:

http://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/c...n-buffon-handschuhe-nicht-43270134.sport.html

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussb...uigi-buffon-freundschaftsbeweis-aid-1.5533601

http://www.express.de/moenchengladb...nen-kindheits-traum,3286,32332612,item,0.html

Buona notte.

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Finally I managed to upload some impressions from Torino.

http://img4web.com/g/MLQ2C
    (click on the above link to view all pics)

And a few vids from the net.

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A nice choreo vid and the match highlights of the 2nd leg at Borussia-Park.

Una bella giornata.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Daei_10 repped this.
  22. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    I'm not sure what I expected the exterior of the Juventus stadium to look like, but it wasn't like that :eek: flying saucer business.

awesome pictures.

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey guys, please beat Sevilla in Germany and Man City in England. Trust me you have what it takes. At least get a draw with Man City. You were supposed to win the first leg against Man City and that was before you had your much better coach.

24. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very nice videos and pictures guys....seems like the Borussia stadium is very similar to the Juve one. That one picture on post #115 looks exactly like where i was sittin at the Juve stadium last year.

25. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #125 Borussia, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    It looks superbly from outside and has an impressive infrastructure ... a lot better than Borussia-Park (well, we are aware that our "cheap" € 80 million stadium isn't the best-looking from outside). I knew the old Delle Alpi stadium ... and the Juventus Arena has been built directly inside of it, taking profit of the former surroundings/infrastructure. Rather small stadium for a big football club like Juve, but it's a real beauty in my eyes with sensational accoustics (best I've ever experienced in a football stadium so far). No wonder the 4,000 BMG fans offered the best away support in Torino since Celtic Glasgow's away game a couple of years back (that's what Juve tifosi told me after our match). ;-)

Btw: All Gladbach fans had a great time in Turin ... great city, good weather (18 degrees Celsius), friendly hosts everywhere (in and outside the stadium) with perfect organization ... and fans of both sides getting along very well with each other ahead & after the match. Mille grazie, Torino! :thumbsup: We were no 10,000 like in Rome 3 years ago ... nevertheless, I think it was a great trip for every BMG fan, especially considering the fact that all of us were allowed to enter the stadium although 50 % had tickets outside the guest section. Thankfully, our fans honoured it by showing the expected good behaviour (no single incident).

The only thing that annoyed me, were the "Juve, Juve vafanculo" chants of our Ultras in the lower tier during the Dominguez/Morata dispute (we can be happy our defender didn't get sent off) ... it's simply silly to provoke the Juve supporters when knowing that 400 of our fans sat in the middle of the stand among the Juventus tifosi. But well, it's no mystery that parts of the Ultras often lack brain.

Thanx.

Don't worry, we'll do our best in our own interest (we badly want to reach spot 3 in the end) ... I just hope that Juve doesn't disappoint me by losing in Seville, since I'm not so sure we can get a result in Manchester.

Wrong.

Btw: Our former coach wasn't "bad" (no idea what happened this season) ... without him, we wouldn't have played against Juve.

Grazie mille.

It is, indeed (just from inside, though). You can call the Juventus Stadium a smaller version of Borussia-Park (capacity 54,000 for BL and 46,000 for international games).

Was that the CL semi-final 1st leg against Real, when I predicted the home win with Morata scoring?

cortisoljunkie and Afghan-Juventus repped this.