UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 20, 2015.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    logo_MG.jpg 175px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.png

After almost 40 years we are rightfully back amongst the elite in Europe.Thanks to Lucien Favre and Max Eberl and a team that believed.Lets hope we can continue to build on this seasons stellar success and once more display our style and brand of football for the entire world and Europe.The style that took the continent and world by storm thru the capable hands of a visionary called Hennes Weisweiler back in the 70's and clearly followed thru and implemented by Lucien Fvare.

Next season's UEFA Champions League seeds

FC Barcelona, Chelsea FC, FC Bayern München, Juventus, SL Benfica, Paris Saint-Germain, FC Zenit and PSV Eindhoven will be placed in Pot 1 for the 2015/16 group stage draw.
    The eight seeds for the 2015/16 UEFA Champions League group stage draw have now been determined.

Next season's top seeds (based on 2015/16 access list)*
    FC Barcelona (ESP)
    Chelsea FC (ENG)
    FC Bayern München (GER)
    Juventus (ITA)
    SL Benfica (POR)
    Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
    FC Zenit (RUS)
    PSV Eindhoven (NED)

Following a significant change in the regulations, Pot 1 for the draw – in Monaco on 28 August – will now be formed by the champions of the top seven associations: Spain, England, Germany, Italy, Portugal, France and Russia.

The regulations state that the eighth seeding will be taken by the UEFA Champions League holders. However, as both finalists this time round – Barcelona and Juventus – have already won their domestic titles, that slot goes to PSV, winners of the championship in the Netherlands, who are the eighth-ranked association.

Previously, the pots were ordered purely by the coefficients of the competing clubs. The change was proposed in 2014 by the UEFA Club Competitions Committee before being approved by the UEFA Executive Committee. It is another decision that helps strengthen the hand of domestic title holders in the competition.

The other three pots will be set using the club coefficient rankings, which UEFA compiles based on results over the last five UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League campaigns. More information about how the coefficients are formed can be found in Annex D of the Regulations of the UEFA Champions League, 2015/16 edition

:D:thumbsup::alien::thumbsup::D

www.fotobahn.com

Attached Files:

Bananenflanke, kgilbert78 and panicfc repped this.
  2. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    SEITENWAHL did a little bit of speculation and created four most-likely-pots:
    http://www.seitenwahl.de/index.php/...ichael-heinen/6259-moegliche-gegner-in-der-cl
    this is provisional, of course, the season is not finished and the CL-qualifiers (this time blessedly without Borussia) are still to play
    because I don't watch other leagues regularly and I just wanted to get a rough impression how Borussia lines up, I took the list and gave every club his current 'transfer value' (according to transfermarkt)
    this is highly provisional too, that's for sure, transfermarkt is not the holy grail of soccer-knowledge and there are some player-up-/downgradings and especially a new transfer-period to come

Real Madrid 711 Mio. Topf 2:
    FC Barcelona 591 Topf 1:
    Bayern München 551 Topf 1:
    FC Chelsea 487 Topf 1:
    Manchester United 425 Topf 2:
    Manchester City 418 Topf 2:
    FC Arsenal 388 Topf 2:
    Paris St. Germain 371 Topf 1:
    Atletico Madrid 342 Topf 2:
    Juventus Turin 318 Topf 1:
    AS Rom 253 Topf 3:
    FC Valencia 221 Topf 2:
    VfL Wolfsburg 216 Topf 4:
    FC Porto 213 Topf 2:
    Zenit St. Petersburg 200 Topf 1:
    Bayer Leverkusen 172 Topf 2:
    Lazio Rom 164 Topf 3:
    Benfica Lissabon 157 Topf 1:
    FC Sevilla 156 Topf 3:
    Galatasaray Istanbul 136 Topf 3:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    130 Topf 4:
    AS Monaco 121 Topf 4:
    Dynamo Kiew 119 Topf 3:
    Olympique Lyon 117 Topf 3:
    PSV Eindhoven 102 Topf 1:
    Olympiakos Piräus 78 Topf 3:
    FC Basel 60 Topf 3:
    Celtic Glasgow 57 Topf 4:
    RB Salzburg 47 Topf 4:
    KAA Gent 39 Topf 4:
    Viktoria Pilsen 23 Topf 4:
    BATE Borisov 16 Topf 4:

so that's rank 21 out of 32
    but: fantastic support, team spirit, our managers superior tactical skills and thousands of other factors are not included here as you know
    I would like Luuk's PSV from pot 1 (our team can travel by bike), Manchester City from pot 2 and Basel (homecoming for Yann & Granit) from pot 3
    looks highly doable to me!
    (and I don't know if I want to see Lazio, Kiev and Sevilla again! ;-)

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    csm_cl_138304acf3_e9_687b86ad82.png

Until 27 August, Borussia's fans must be patient. Then in Monaco the eight groups of the upcoming Champions League will be drawn. Only after that also starts the ticket pre-sale. Borussia is third in the Bundesliga qualify automatically for the group stage. Numerous top teams from other European leagues have also booked their ticket for the Champions League. And many other teams - mostly from smaller leagues of the continent - to rise at the end of this month in the qualification for the Champions League. The last participant in the group stage will be determined on the day before the draw in the play-offs.

We give here an overview of the teams that have already qualified for the group stage and the teams in the qualifying rounds in the competition board. Depending on who prevails here, Borussia will land in the third or fourth Lostopf and one team from each pot to get drawn against another. The eight teams from the first Lostopf have already been confirmed.

GROUP STAGE

Draw: August 27 in Monaco. Schedule: 1st Round: 15 / 16th September 2nd Round: 29 / 30th September 3rd Round: 20. / 21. October 4. Round: 3rd / 4th November 5. Round: 24th / 25th November 6. Round: 8th / 9th December.

For the group stage qualify:

Pot 1: FC Barcelona, Chelsea FC, FC Bayern Munich, Juventus, Paris Saint Germain, Benfica, Zenit St. Petersburg, PSV Eindhoven

Pot 2: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, FC Porto, FC Arsenal, Manchester City

Pot 2 or 3: FC Sevilla, Olympique Lyon, Dynamo Kiev

Pot 3: Olympiacos, Galatasaray Istanbul

Pot 3 or 4: AS Roma, Borussia Moenchengladbach, VfL Wolfsburg

Pot 4: KAA Gent

PLAY-OFFS

First leg: 18 / 19th August Rückspiele: 25 / 26th August:

Safe for the play-offs qualify:

-Placed Manchester United, FC Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Sporting Lisbon, Lazio

3. qualifying round

First leg: 28 / 29th July Rückspiele: 4th / 5th August.

For the 3rd qualifying round qualify:

Champions-way: FC Basel, RB Salzburg, FC Viktoria Plzeň

-Placed: FC Shakhtar Donetsk, Ajax Amsterdam, CSKA Moscow, FC Brugge, AS Monaco, Young Boys Bern, Sparta Prague, Fenerbahce, Panathinaikos, Rapid Wien

2. qualifying round

First leg on 14 / 15th July Rückspiele 21 / 22nd July

Qualified for the 2nd qualifying round and set:

Steaua Bucharest (Romania), Celtic (Scotland), APOEL Nicosia (Cyprus), FC BATE Borisov (Belarus), PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria), Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia), NK Maribor (Slovenia), Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel) Partizan Belgrade (Serbia), Malmö FF (Sweden), FK Qarabag Agdam (Azerbaijan), HJK Helsinki (Finland), Molde FK (Norway), FC Midtjylland (Denmark), FC Videoton (Hungary), Legia Warsaw / Lech Poznan (Poland )

Qualified for the 2nd qualifying round and not set:

KF Skënderbeu Korçë (Albania), FK Sarajevo (Bosnia), FK Ventspils (Latvia), FC Dila Gori (Georgia), FK AS Trencin (Slovakia), Zalgiris Vilnius (Lithuania), FK Rudar Pljevlja (Montenegro), FK Astana (Kazakhstan ) FC Milsami (Moldova), Vardar Skopje (Macedonia), UMF Stjarnan (Iceland), CS Fola Esch (Luxembourg), Dundalk FC (Ireland), Hibernians FC (Malta) plus four winners from the first qualifying round

1st qualifying round

First leg on 30 June /. 1 July Rückspiele 7th / 8th July

Qualified for the 1st qualifying round and set:

The New Saints FC (Wales), FC Levadia Tallinn (Estonia), FC Pyunik (Armenia), FC Santa Coloma (Andorra)

Qualified for the 1st qualifying round and not set:

Crusaders FC (Northern Ireland), B36 Tórshavn (Faroe), Lincoln Red Imps FC (Gibraltar), SS Folgore / Falciano (San Marino)

:cautious:o_O:sneaky::p

panicfc repped this.
  4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Whys o quiet here????

:sick::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::sick:

5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will not know who we play for a few weeks yet.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waiting for games to start.

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really??
    Panic after todays result...u should be sitting closer to the Panic Button if anything??
    Man talk about so many things going belly up for me past few months....thats gladbach's crashing in season opener..seems like the least to worry.At least they all go home to their comfortable life and families and girlfriends..without worrying about much in life...whereas for me..and the fans...whole different beast out there:speechless:

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Life moves on, as does the season.

Dortmund looks like a team that wants to challenge Bayern. We looked like a team with some new players.

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bitter sweet my friend..specially for me and what am dealing with in my personal life...but who could challenge that concept??? Sometimes its a great thing..the moving on...in most cases its actually a healer...but for me the changes have been one bad thing after another...who knows maybe there is light at the end of this dark tunnel for me?
    Life does move on yes..and the seasons do as well..and i hope all this change and moves work for the best...need a life line here:speechless:

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can understand completely. Are you still in Canada?

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #11 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    I was supposed to fly out to Germany.Dusseldorf and then Gladbach.The lufthansa guy invited me over to his home and to stay with his family... a tour of the city and Borussia Park...and a bbq with a big Gladbach fan club and to meet them all..already has tickets for me for the season opener against Mainz...but sadly i can't go...so yes i am in Canada...a lot has happened man...like one after another..both financially and health wise....to the point that I've gone numb...am even surprised i still post here....and am not going to bother write what happened 5 days ago which made cancel my trip ( another 560 CAD to re book my flight back home later this month)..b/c am not sure if you guys will believe me...but ya...am really beginning to 100% accept and believe..am either born with bad luck and no matter what its following me or i deserve this all completly :speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: really dunno how i still have it in me to post ....or even follow my beloved Die Fohlen:(
    I was going to send you something ( for your son actually) from the shop at borussia park..but it all went down the tube soooooooo fast...so my apologies:speechless::confused:

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hang in there Naz...

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks man...am trying i am really. This may be the make or break of my life..and this was the short version of it because i know you guys all have your plate full one way or another !

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I pray things turn around for you and soon.

Don't worry about my son, he's doing great. Gained 35 lbs of muscle (was only 122 lbs back in August) after our 5 months in Connecticut.

Just work on you and day by day.

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Write me privately and we'll talk....

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Vizekusen is on the brink of missing the CL this season after tonight's defeat in Rome ... thus let's be happy we managed to avoid the CL qualifiers.

17. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nah. Goal against the run of play. They'll handle Lazio at home.

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tricky side with lots of experience in finishing another team and getting results.1-0 defeat is not actually a bad result for Bayer in Rome tho...and if Neverkusen can create some intensity like they did against Atletico they sure can send the Italians out packing!

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn't bet my house.

Btw: Luckily I've got my last 2 holiday weeks of the year around the first CL matchday (15/16 September) ... so I simply can't miss this big opportunity to attend our first CL match of history (no matter whether home or away game)! ;-) Hopefully I'll manage to get a ticket ... after all, my chances should have increased after (finally) becoming one of more than 70,000 club members this summer. :)

20. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I wouldn't bet my doormat
    1-0 away against a shrewd Italian team is pretty bad
    20% chance at best, I reckon'
    anyway: we're better off if Vizekusen fails (more TV money!)

ha! I'm hoping, too... no idea about the chances but probably not higher than Vizekusen's

21. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
  22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    panicfc repped this.
  23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #23 Borussia, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Bring on Barca, ManU and Roma. :) :cool: Ah, I forgot we already know the cities of Rome, Kiew, Istanbul and Seville in the meanwhile ... so let's change Roma with Lyon regarding pot 3. ;)

Can't await tomorrow's draw ... the question is whether we'll be starting our first CL campaign with a home game to enjoy a nice choreo again.

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they did, quite handily....

LuckyStriker repped this.
  25. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew I should've bet more than my doormats..............perhaps the foyer..........;)