PBP: UEFA Champions League - Matchday 5 | PSV Eindhoven v FC Barcelona | 28 November 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Nov 26, 2018.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How can that be if Roberto is not playing ? :whistling:

condor11, evil_allan, ShortyMac and 2 others repped this.
  2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Vidal taking out two PSV players ... hero :)

3. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Probably the worst game from Stegen I've seen. Busi and Raki both unacceptably bad.

In good news, group win.

TitoTata repped this.
  4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Easy .. play a midfield of Rakitic and Busqs with Vidal as the token speed merchant ..

I predicted three hours ago we would get overrun in midfield .. then the CBS were poor as was Stegen's distribution

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not just Roberto not playing but Lillian Carlos Alberto Cafu playing at RB!

condor11 repped this.
  6. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lenglet is honestly the worst CB i have ever seen , when i saw Umtiti not playing i was sure that we could concede at least 5 goals with him in the back ,

thank god we were lucky because seriously he couldn't deal with anyone up front ,

let's hope Umtiti comes back quick , jeez we finished with Craperto and we end up having this clown in the back , our defense never rests :( , give Chumi a chance please

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Awful game defensively. Surprising since we had Semedo and Vidal in there.

Poor finishing as well. At least Messi hit one. Sorely need Suarez to turn up in the CL. Team needs some work if it's gonna make a run.

condor11 repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Much was made of Roberto turning his back on a shot the other day, not much talked about Semedo not even putting a leg out to block the cross that ended in the goal ...

People even bitch at Roberto's crosses, but not a word of Semedo's poor crosses today ...

:whistling:

evil_allan repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, one thing for sure: Roberto is better offensively. His back-passes are annoying at times, but aside from being superior at crossing he is very good at knowing how & when to make dangerous runs.

Anyway, let Roberto sit-out these next 3 weeks and rest. I'm sure we'll win every match 5-nil in his absence. Tonight was probably just due to a full moon or something.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One thing I think Semedo is poor at is aerial defense. The header that hit the post Semedo completely let his player go. Not that Roberto is good at it or anything.

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    That's a fair point ..

12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He's oniy marginally better offensively and possibly because Samedo doesn't ever get a run in the team ... at the same time Roberto happily goes trotting up field with no thought of getting back to cover his RB position ...time after time after time after ...

13. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I just wanted to point out that no players are carrying two yellow cards so there's no danger of anyone being suspended for the Round of 16 first leg if they receive a booking on Matchday 6. :thumbsup:

However, these players listed below each have incurred one booking. It's likely that most of them will sit out the Tottenham match but I'm wondering if Arthur (who could probably use the minutes) should also skip the Tottenham match so as to avoid the risk of receiving a second booking and being in danger of missing the Round of 16 second leg (?)
    Alba
    Arthur
    Busquets
    Piqué
    Rakitic
    Suarez
    *Umtiti - unsure if his double booking on Matchday 1 has shortened his leash to two yellows for his next suspension. I don't believe it does but not totally certain.

14. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Jeez I had a heart attack watching that game... could have lost 2-5 and it wouldn't be a really unlucky result. Horrible clearances all match.

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unless we sort our defence out we are not going to win the CL or anything else for that matter. Pique is more interested in the Davis Cup than he is in defending properly these days.

16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The difference being that Semedo is a bit part player, where as Roberto gets in the team week in, werk out despite never once playing well as right back.

TitoTata repped this.
  17. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Difference is when Craperto makes mistakes Barca drop points, when Semedo does Barca doesn't [emoji23]

TitoTata repped this.
  18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Playing Spurs ain't gonna be pretty !

They have to beat us to qualify so they will be uber committed.
    Wanyama / Dyer / Alli will all kick our guys all over the place ..

I'd rest Messi , Coutinho and Dembele for their own safety

ShortyMac repped this.
  19. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    how long till you start calling him Shitmedo?

ShortyMac repped this.