PBP: UEFA Champions League - Matchday 3 | FC Barcelona v Inter Milan | 24 October 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Oct 21, 2018.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, we really don't know what types of conversations they've had with Dembele do we ? You're assuming that he is being punished without any warnings. But I'd assume if his tardiness has been recurring since last season, it's an issue that has been discussed.

2. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cover up ... :whistling:

BocaFan repped this.
  4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    for those asking why Arthur was subbed off:

BocaFan repped this.
  5. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    The correlation is just a correlation, not a causation. Its particularly muddy when EV has made other changes as well.

We always dominate possession.

In the the two key games before Dembele was benched, he really wasn't doing horribly.

In the tie against Girona, Dembele was doing fine till he was subbed off. That was the game Lenglet got an early red card.

We had 78% possession against Leganes; the two goals they scored were from long ball counters against our out-of-position backline, one of which was directly from a bad Coutinho lay-off pass.

I like Dembele, I like Arthur, I like Coutinho. Coutinho is Dembele's direct replacement. I just think there needs to be a better way to rotate Dembele and Coutinho, particularly with the business end of things coming up.

The deeper issue is not just that Dembele isn't playing, it's also that he hasn't played at all in important matches lately.

I really hope that all this playing Rafinha/Munir business is just showing the kids tough love or something.

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yeah I don't know but I feel there is an agenda against the kid in order to get rid of him be it due to Dembélé himself or the management it still feels weird. I for some reason hope he leaves if he's not playing so he can reach his potential. Question is what loss are the board ready to take, 50-70M€? More? I doubt anyone will pay 140M€ for him now being unsettled.

Someone also said its cause board doesn't want to pay Dortmund the addons etc?! Trying to keep the cost down?