UEFA 2018 World Cup Qualification

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    [​IMG]

world soccer magazines repped this.
  2. Kung

Kung Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yes I hope he would be denied. People seem to have forgotten how Sweden played like before Ibra. Which was pretty much like Iceland which gave ous results.

When Zlatan had been our capten Sweden had its second worse period in our NT history. He weakens our teamspirit.

His regarded as a god by our journalists which is the profession swedes regard as the least trustworthy.

3. Kung

Kung Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    First time we've three nordic countries in the WC which will be fun to watch.
    Congrats to a well deserved spot.

4. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers

Neither team mentioned was good enough to even cope with qualification.
    They are all teams heading downwards a slippery slope and not one of them would have been capable of doing something worthwhile in Russia.

Only team worth some symphaty is Northern Ireland IMO.They went out due to the referee.That is a true shame.

5. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Great to see Denmark in Russia this summer.Regarding the team it is very much up and down.I´ve seen Denmark play like against Poland and Ireland yesterday but I´ve also seen Denmark play like Bendtner.
    Neutralise Eriksen and you´re in trouble.

6. world soccer magazines

Oct 31, 2016
    [​IMG]

Philip J. Fry repped this.
  7. Hidegkuti78

Hidegkuti78 Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Funny comment I got from a Spanish acquaintance after we were eliminated:

"Here we are still not so sure that Italy will not somehow win WC2018 anyway"
    :D

8. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You'll sure play the final match against Chile, and Vidal will score an even more beautiful "own-goal" than the one he scored when we played Paraguay, which btw, was the goal that started our nightmare ......
    :p

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    One team will be suspended and we will take their position and win the whole thing. That is my dream, but by now its only a 5% chance of happening.

10. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Spain disintegrating into civil war and withdrawing from the World Cup is probably your only hope. And I think that is more like .5%, not 5%. :(

11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah but Spain won't do that.

12. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013

Don't want to get your hopes up but...

13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Spain is suspended, should Italy replace them? If Spain was suspended and replaced by somebody else, a WCQ would have had Spain and Italy with neither of them playing in the World Cup! It would improved Iran and Morocco's chances at advancing if they didn't have to play Spain and Portugal.

14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL I really think its all rumors. I doubt this will happen after the group stage was already drawn.

15. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Teams do get banned for governmental interference (as is the issue with Spain). Indonesia and Kuwait were suspended for interference (and that's just Russia2018; there are plenty of other cases). Granted, it would be very odd if Spain shoot themselves in the foot. So chances are slim for Italy.

PS remember Denmark in 1992. They won it all in the end.

16. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    I dont understand why Italy should replace Spain? (if that happen) i dont think that gonna happen ofc and i really hope not.