Udinese [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Transfers so far:

IN: Handanovic (G, Rimini), Micolucci (D, Bari), Inler (M, Zurigo), Floro Flores (A, Arezzo), Candreva (M, Ternana), Pepe (A, Cagliari), Quagliarella (A, Sampdoria), Chimenti (G, Cagliari), Inler (M, FC Zurich), Paolucci (A, Juventus), Sanchez (A, Colo Colo), Eremenko (M, Siena), Mesto (D, Reggina)

OUT: Muntari (M, Portsmouth), Iaquinta (A, Juventus), Natali (D, Torino), De Sanctis (G, Sevilla)

2. 1TOFC

1TOFC Red Card

Jul 7, 2007
    Toronto
    Re: Udinese 2007-2008 [R]

Thanks for the update. They have lost a lot of goal scoring, Hopefully Quagliarella comes through.

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Di Natale and Quagliarella should form an exciting partnership

4. Bartio88

Bartio88 New Member

Dec 23, 2006

They look talented and good on paper but seem incapable of getting constant performances like 3 seasons ago.

5. LPE427

LPE427 New Member

Jul 13, 2007

How about Paolucci ?

do you think he will shine out there in Udinese and get some time to play ?

i mean look how much stikers Udinese have , I think more than 5 players .

but all of them not from the type that alwayes scores .

Quagliarella , Di Natale and Floro Flores all of them most of the time play out of the box area .

so , i hope Udinese give Paolucci a chance to play in the starting line-up .

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Udinese needs an out-and-out striker. At the moment, they have two fantastic support strikers.

7. hanzellmo

hanzellmo Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Bogota
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

so Cristian Zapata is no longer linked with Milan?

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Floro Flores is the out and out striker, or as LPE mentioned, Paolucci can play there too.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I thought he was going to Fiorentina... they have been wanting him for a while.

U guys also own 2 other Colombian players that I am wondering about

-Abel Aguilar- former sub 20 captain and u loaned him to Xerez,ESP last season

-Jarol Martinez- u guys bought him in Feb 2007 after the Sub 20 SA cup and u let his former team borrow him, but he is still with them, just wondering what up with that if its like Alexis Sanchez situtation or what not.

10. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I should have checked the ins properly. I'm not sure how Floro Flores would go but Paolucci might be OK.

11. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  12. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan

And we made a 2x0 against Coventry yesterday.D'Agostino and Asamoah scored.

So we have 6 options forward - Di Natale,Quagliarella,Asamoah,Floro Flores,Paolucci and Pepe.I think we could play with Obodo,Di Natale and D'Agostino at midfield and Quagliarella,Floro Flores and Paolucci forward.

13. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

In one friendly, Quagliarella scored seven goals. Udinese won that friendly 15-0.

14. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

Wow.

You guys signed Inler....

--Very well scout by Udinese.

Congrats.

Regards
    iwa

15. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I saw the Inter - Udinese match and i friulani weren't too bad. At least they had a go. Keeping possession wasn't too much of a challenge but in the final third, some of the players seemed a bit nervous.

D'Agostino knew how to control the play. I enjoyed watching him in midfield. Coda is a good defender and Zapata wasn't too bad. Chimenti showed once again why I don't like him. He shouldn't have left so much space at the near post when Stankovic had shot. Sivok didn't impress me and he made me like Pinzi more. :eek: I felt that playing against Inter, it made the forward line nervous. Gyan's judgement was a bit poor at times and Floro Flores seemed a bit nervous when he took some shots. He had some good touches on the ball and maybe with some more time in Serie A, he could be a top striker. Quagliarella showed some class but maybe he could have been more ambitious.

Maybe against Napoli, they can relax a bit more and show some more confidence when they get into the other team's defensive third.

18. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto

Can't believe not even one Udinese Fan wrote in about the stunning upset last Match Day.
    Beating Juventus in Turin...& keeping them goal less.

Good job!!!

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Here is my best translation of the Udinese-Reggina match from the GDS:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Primo_Piano/2007/09_Settembre/22/udinereggi.shtml

[​IMG]
    Antonio Di Natale, 100 presenze con l'Udinese e 2 gol.

UDINE, 22 settembre 2007 - Benvenuti al Di Natale show: Two pearls Three points. And many assists, plays and intuitions. Let's imagine the smile on CT Donadoni's face: stuff to peel off your hands w/applause. After the draw w/Inter & the win over Juventus, (MGR) Marino shows us that his scoring machine works at home also(the 0-5 loss to Napoli is now water under the bride). Too equilibrated, compact, at times genial this Udinese side to justify themselves. Its a convincing performance the 2-0 win over Reggina, a result that seems to be a big lie for a match that seemed to be full of "almost goals". Including the two posts for Reggina.

NUMBERS - A month ago he was almost off the team, twenty days later he saves the day for Italy with a 2 goal performance and then he goes to Torino to show his praks against Buffon. Its only natural that his 100th match in Serie A w/'Udinese he wanted to celebrate the only way he knows how. He comes out with a fantastic match, numbers that would make Ronaldinho green with envy... All ready -after 5minutes from the position he finds a chip that fools GK Campagnolo. Against Reggina there are a slew of Udinese chances but its still difficult to find a 2nd goal when Di Natale again, controls and shoots on a volley which deserves a celebration: "Mamma mia, cosa ho fatto?".

THERE IS NO HISTORY
    - It seems like a case that he is the only one on Udinese who is scoring. Also tonight there were clusters of chances for Asamoah, which were wasted, and also for an imprecise Quagliarella who was inaccurate. The 3-4-3 formation drawn up from Marino was solid thanks to the tandem of Inler-D'Agostino that within the arch of the 90' minutes recovers an incalculable number of balls. Those are the types of players that Reggina is missing and willing to give a little also when Mussel and Joelson say the impalpable Tullbergs and Vigiani at the beginning of the 2nd half of play. Of these changes the is seems that only Amoruso's has enough breath to ask (mgr) Ficcadenti for more support in the midfield. The forward hits the crossbar in the 1st half as does Halfredsson with a long distance shot. Adversity yes, but that's all.

DOUBTS - One for each team: Can Reggina, after 4 matches, 2 points in the standings and no wins afford to leave off an important player like Cozza, their only experienced element of class in the midfield in a squad full of young newcomers? On the other side one asks when will Quagliarella come out of his shell? Although with respect to Sampdoria the formation has changed (from 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3), but this doesn't seem to be the problem. Occasional even easy goals, they end up ging out, their great will notwithstanding. Syndrome of Gilardino? Maybe. Maybe he will come out when he heads back to the Marassi stadium, Wednesday against Genoa.

20. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Di Natale has an excellent game and Gyan was very good. They had a fair bit of space one the left too because of Lanzaro's poor game. D'Agostino was very good in midfield and Inler wasn't too bad. Mesto is brilliant on the right. Coda, Zapata, Zapotocny and Handanovic had rather easy days. Zapotocny did catch my eye though and Zapata is solid player.

I still don't like Dossena. He doesn't give any good width. Quagliarella looks like a one-hit wonder at this stage. Maybe he'll come out of his shell soon but his chances to score were very weak and he doesn't look like the inspiring player that he was last season.

The game in general was alright but Reggina's young midfield was losing the ball too cheaply. Udinese's players did capitalise on that but against stronger opposition, they can't rely too much on pace or the space that Reggina gave them.

A good but not great performance by i friulani.

21. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

D'Agostino has really adapted well to that "Pirlo role" in front of the defense. He assisted Di Natale's second goal and has finally found his best position.

Di Natale goals:

[youtube]RIEb_RZULsk[/youtube]

22. bête noire

bête noire New Member

May 3, 2007
    Valvasone
    Di Natale

is the second coming of Maradona

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Incredible. I will never get tired of watching this guy!

24. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

He may be a late bloomer, but man did he ever bloom BIG! :p

He truly has turned out to be an awesome player, and a huge asset for both Udine and the Azzurri over the past year. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the Azzurri uniform over the next year.

25. Udinese1896

Udinese1896 New Member

Nov 25, 2007

Hey are we having a great start this year. Lets keep it going.