Pre-match: UCL: Napoli vs Shatkhar @StadioSan Paolo

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Could be that, but it also could be a whole lot of other things... We live a universe of both finite and infinite possibilities. :D

2. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I see that the Hamsik hate continues, but I sort of feel like it does not matter. So far, we have won game after game and I don't think we'd be able to do that without Hamsik, I kind of get the feeling that he has totally forgotten about individual performances and he concentrates solely on the success of the team. We have enjoyed 10-15 goals per season from Hamsik for 10 years now, it's time to move on and win the title.

He will either pick up his pace or not, but I don't mind that Hamsik doesn't score for as long as we keep winning, and according to his interviews, that's how he looks at the matter as well.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is no hate by anyone. He is loved.

Some question why Sarri does not rest him. Agree Hamsik is better than Ziellinski and Allan was horrible yesterday.

4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yeah, it just seems to me that people often jump to quick and unnecessary conclusions. But you can never be sure about anything. I'm strange concerning things like this, I prefer to be uncertain rather than to be certain, for certainty is hard to be got, if it is at all possible.

But I admit I'm starting to feel like the goals should have come already, but somehow he's always either close or he has no good chances at all. Damn, for Hamsik to win the Scudetto, that would be amazing, after long 10 years.

Do you think that he can still get to 10 goals in Serie A this season, in spite of the slow, infertile beginning of the season?

5. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    It's his general play this season that's been disappointing not his goal scoring. Zielinski has been playing very well this season and should be a starter with their current forms

6. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Honestly at this point I'd be surprised if hamsik scores this season. I mean with all the possible penalties he could've taken, and all the chances he has skied it looks as if he's trying his best not to score.

Sacki repped this.
  7. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I don't think Zielinski's been worse than hamsik, zielinski plays alot less and alot of the time in a role he isn't suited to. Yet his goal/assist ratio to minutes played must be better than hamsiks

8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I don't know, I think there is a reason why with Hamsik in the team we have had the best season in decades now. The coach is the coach and he probably knows the reason, as he keeps playing Hamsik. But once again, I might be wrong.

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I don't know, I think the opinions about Zielinski change more frequently than the penises in Avril Lavigne's vagina. He scores a goal, he's a king. Then he doesn't play well, he's a pig. This is the way people usually treat the matter and I've often seen it here as well.

I personally like the fact that Hamsik doesn't take the penalties, I see it as another proof towards my hypothesis that Hamsik simply keeps concentrating on the success of the team. Let them youngsters take the penalties if they want to and if they feel sure they can score. All for the team. The team continues winning, that's what matters.

But I feel like I need to drop this topic, even though I am quite convinced as to the veracity of my own conclusions. But still, being slovak, it probably looks like a lame-ass fan boy trying to defend the hero of his country.

10. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If hamsik can score penalties, what difference does it make if either him or jorginho or mertens take it? Scoring will ease the pressure of him, and he is confidence stricken atm so its win win unless he misses.

The only criticism I see of zielinski is when he's deployed in Allans role where he plays like dog poop. When he takes the place of hamsik, he shows his true ability. I think a clone must have replaced hamsik, if we had no knowledge of hamsik and suddenly forgot who he was and we saw him play like he's played this season, he'd be the first name people would want out of the starting 11. But his legacy is stopping that and I guess its time for him to ride the bench just to see the outcome of resting him

11. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hamsiks been in the team for the past decade, not just this season

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yes, Hamsik has been in the team for more than a decade now, but the team is competitive now, it wasn't the case before. We were good, but not this good. And what would you say if Hamsik had been benched only to discover that we are worse without him? Perhaps that's the disaster that the coach has to face so that we can find out, but I personally don't think Hamsik has been that bad this season. I would like to see him benched in some games though, he needs rest.

I think it's an unnecessary assumption to say that Hamsik is afraid to take the penalty and to also claim that he is burdened with the record. If we are to believe the words of our captain, it's definitely more along the lines of what I've had in mind, hence the fact that Hamsik just wants the team to win. The problem has more layers, Hamsik has never been the best choice with penalties, so what if he knows that and prefers to sacrifice his chance to overcome Maradonna for the success of the team?

That's just how I see the picture after I have observed this season and additionally, after I have listened to Hamsik's own words. The record can be broken by a simple coincidental goal, the ball bouncing off of Hamsik's head by pure chance, yet we cannot win the title by coincidence, can we?

I guess some of the answers to all of these questions will be answered as the season progresses, but many will remain unanswered.

13. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The signs are clear, he just looks so demotivated this season. Past season's he'd roar and celebrate like a fan when we'd score, nowadays he just smiles and throws a fist in the air. He looks tired an out of it, and I can't fault him as it's hard when you're in the same environment for a long time. Maybe he's suffering issues in his personal life - alot of footballers go thru depression and not admit to it. Could be a delicate phase in his life, but whatever it is his confidence needs to be awoken. I mean he's even stopped shouting at his teammates, he just looks up at the sky as if he cba anymore

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It doesnt matter what people think of Hamsik, fact is he is 1/3 of Napoli's notorious left hand side that is responsible for about 98% of what happens going forwards.
    Call Hamsik shit (and mean it) when that awful right hand side actually do ******** all in a game for a change to release space in other parts of the pitch, ex.: where Hamsik operates.
    That left hand side of ours are working miracles atm and the fact Zielinski hasnt been decisive in that position yet (from start, where we have to open up a bus), no one can know for sure if Zielinski is the better option, he looks it at times but does he synergize with Insigne as well? Or does he have the discipline not to dribble around in midfield like a twat which he loves to do btw.
    Remember not to let Zielinski scoring goals against a more tired defence in a counter attacking phase of the game cloud your judgement.

This is coming from a Hamsik HaTeR.

Lets sign Vrsaljko (I cba switching thread I just want to let ppl know I want Vrsaljko in Napoli)

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  15. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I'm sorry, but I think you're totally over-thinking it all, and it has led you to the wrong conclusion. How can you assume something like that with certainty? What if Hamsik has finally realized that roaring and screaming has no point if in 10 years you don't win the title? Then wouldn't that which you had enumerated count as signs of his concentration, commitment, and desire?

And there is not that much to shout about these days, is there? In the past, Hamsik was by far the best or at least one of the few great players we had, nowadays he's just one of many. That signifies and emphasizes our improvement over the last couple of years.

He's humble, determined, and hopeful this year. There are so many possibilities. He has been with us for 10 years. Now he finally feels that we have a real chance to win the league, something he's been dreaming of and waiting for. It's normal that the emotions he gets are different, while you know what people say, some people change the most after they reach the age of 30.

I just can't see how he could be less motivated this season, I mean, that just doesn't make sense, surely not for someone who has been waiting for this for such a long time.

16. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'm sorry but you don't just go from his form from last season to his form in this season without legitimate reason. We are talking about our captain here, who cares if hes one of many hes the captain the younger players should look up to. How can anyone look up to someone who disappears or isnt vocal on the pitch. His bad performances have had a psychological effect on him is another assumption, no assumption can be made with certainty but his performances have been starving of class and that is a fact.

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #67 Sacki, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    If you take the goals out of the equation Hamsik has been much much better this season. He plays with more discipline, his running seems more reflected than that of last season where at times he looked like a headless chicken, his passing is also a 100 times better and it isn't without reason he averages about 95 of them a game this season.
    In Serie A he has been a stable midfielder, although obviously he could be scoring more.

Not sure if this is me calling Hamsik good this season or me calling Hamsik fukn terrible last one.
    Hamsik last season was a huge liability though, don't be blinded by his goals and assists like the media. This man almost single-handedly sent us out of the CL.

18. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's not as if hes been tearing it up in the cl this year, he was awful vs city which was an important game. Hamsik 2010-2013 was amazing, these past 2 seasons cant even compare to that. This season he's been poor by those standards, getting shown up by better players for example de bruyne vs city

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    which is why I said Serie A, lets be fair here the CL has been a shit show with or without Hamsik.

20. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    if hamsik and callejon didn't play as bad as they did, we would've been ok or close to ok. Rn we're relying on other teams to help us get out