PBP: UCL - Manchester United FC vs Sevilla FC - March 13, 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #227 Ashur, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018

Putting aside how I may feel about those guys most of days, there's practically nothing I can disagree or even argue with...

3. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nothing else needs to be added, we were crap for the majority of the tie, we played timid and looked fragile in midfield.

Honeslty, it's like Mourinho told the team to go out and get a quick goal but when it didnt happen we played not to lose and playing on the edge like that is a recipe to concede.

4. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    part of the irony is he went out of his way to make a point in the press conference before the game to emphasise that he won it twice before and that Frank de Boer was the worst manager in EPL history because of 7 games 7 losses no goals...

...and then proceeds to play both legs of a knockout tie like an away leg and lose a home game in utterly embarrassing fashion.

he wastes his energy on these irrelevant nonsenses instead of investing it into building relationships with players or quickly fixing broken outdated/ineffective tactics. isn't this what he is supposed to be known for? at least early on in his career?

5. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LVG lost the fanbase when he continuously expressed satisfaction with performances that delivered minimal shots on goal.

So is quite haunting for us to have just 4 shots on target across 180+ minutes of football in four halves and for Mou to say we were playing well.

According to BT Sevilla had 21 shots which is the most of any team at Old Trafford for 7 years.

6. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    His comments yesterday are as if he not only doesn't feel part of Man Utd...but worse...looks down on us. Even though it's HIM who can't get the team to work.

I've listened to his comments today (I didn't want to yesterday)...and I'm sickened by his attitude and blatant disrespect he has shown towards our club. All he seems to do is downplay the club and try to big up himself (the I've knocked Utd out comments are a perfect example). He's like a film\rock star who is rapidly on the decline and deludes himself that he is relevant due to past glories and uses every excuse under the sun to excuse that decline. He's becoming a sad, pathetic character.

7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    “Mourinho is starting to look like a washed-up rock star, one of those guys that goes around holiday hotels for pensioners playing old hits on an organ with the base and the percussion playing on a tape recorder.”

I can't even be mad at this shit..........fml

doubletrouble and United 16 repped this.
  9. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Those comments by Mou are does of an egotist who refuses to accept that he is to blame.

That midfield mad no sense. It should have been McT and Mata with Pogba and Faillaini to close it out. It just showed and disjointed attack. The Front three had no water carrier and the back 4 didn't have nearly enough protection. I don't know how a guy that gets paid so much can't see it.

His tactics, line-up and man management were all poor. What makes it worse is he got it right just a few days earlier!

10. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good lord.............. please tell me you mean Matic.

11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    well whether he meant it or not we really shouldn't need two DMs versus Sevilla. especially when we needed goals.

wouldn't have minded Mata and Pogba actually

Deadtigers repped this.
  12. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Meant Matic, McT and Mata. Mata only because Pogba was not fit for a full 90. If Pogba was fit, he starts.

13. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    We only had one. Matic. Nobody know what Faillaini was doing except maybe Jose.