UCL 17/18 QF Draw - 16.03.2018 - 12:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 15, 2018.

?

Preferred Opponent

Poll closed Mar 17, 2018.
  1. Barcelona

12.8%
  2. Bayern Munich

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Juventus

8.5%
  4. Liverpool

10.6%
  5. Manchester City

2.1%
  6. Roma

44.7%
  7. Sevilla

21.3%
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

When and where is the draw?

The UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw will take place at UEFA headquarters in Nyon on Friday 16 March. It will begin at 12:00CET, with the UEFA Europa League equivalent following at 13:00CET.

Who is in the draw?

Barcelona (ESP)
    Bayern München (GER)
    Juventus (ITA)
    Liverpool (ENG)
    Manchester City (ENG)
    Real Madrid (ESP, holders)
    Roma (ITA)
    Sevilla (ESP)

Is there country protection?

No. This will be an open draw in which no teams are seeded and clubs from the same national association can be drawn against each other. The side drawn first will play the first leg at home.

When will the matches be played?

The first legs will be on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 April, with the returns on 10 and 11 April. The exact schedule will be confirmed in the afternoon of the draw.

What comes next?

Quarter-finals: 3/4 & 10/11 April
    Semi-final draw: 13 April
    Semi-finals: 24/25 April & 1/2 May
    Final: Saturday 26 May, NSC Olimpiyskyi stadium, Kyiv

2. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Give us Roma or Sevilla. Or even Juventus. Would like to avoid Barca and Bayern.

Saeta Rubia, Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Roma please, next round City and final FARCA.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Want I want...

Madrid-Roma
    City-Liverpool
    bayern-barca
    Sevilla-juventus

What we will get..

Something that will make me mad.

Digital and Deep Pal repped this.
  5. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I want City.

6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I honestly don't understand the people who always want the "toughest draw". Even if City aren't that proven on the UCL stage, you can't possibly consider them to be easier than Roma and Sevilla?

I know that you want to prove a point and be like " Haha,yeah. Fck the overrated City/EPL" but still. I'd rather take the easier route to the semi-final then face City or whoever you want to take down a notch.

Saeta Rubia, S1na, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll take Roma or Sevilla.

I'd like City vs Barca, apart from one very tough opponent being eliminate i think that would be a pretty good game to watch.

8. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Give me -

Real Madrid - Roma
    Manchester City - Barcelona
    Bayern Munich - Liverpool
    Sevilla - Juventus

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    English commentators rambling about how Barca defeated Chelsea. And are now the team to beat.

Last time I checked, PSG were favored to win it all. And we just bitch slapped them twice over whilst being the historic back to back champs.

Talk about English stupidity. No wonder why they suck at World Cups.

Anon., S1na, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are the most hated club in the world, simple. They all jelly. Every achievment of us is being downplayed.

11. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Liverpoooool please!

12. Karthik

Karthik Member

Jun 23, 2007
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Madrid - Liverpool: For the profound pleasure of listening to the English pundits after doing them sideways

Barca - Bayern: Let them kill each other

City - Juve: Let the old lady take in all pep attacks and yet deliver him a single knockout punch in the end

Seville - Roma: Let one of them enjoy the run and wait for us in the semis.

S1na repped this.
  13. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you @Eddie

I guess an easier route to the SF would be best, but considering La Liga is over for us anyway, I don't think any opponent will be overwhelming, aside from maybe Barca. Playing Barca in the final might give me some real nerves.

Anyways, I guess it doesn't matter. We'll get ********ed with a draw and we'll have to deal with it anyways.

raven3k and Eddie repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Give me Sevilla. They might be the easiest one. But I 100% expect a tough draw.

I also don't get the whole "bring on the toughest team" thing. I'd rather play the easiest teams all the way to the trophy then prove something to someone. They don't give out a smaller trophy if you beat Roma and Sevilla on the way.

raven3k, yoanaidarov and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The way our team has been this season, might be better for us to draw a big team. We havent been showing up to the smaller games so far lol

raven3k and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think you guys are buying the City hype a bit too much. Heynckes' Bayern is on a different level when compared to Carlo's and I'm kind of confused by you guys rating City over Bayern? They are having an amazing season in the EPL(City) but they aren't proven on the UCL level yet.

Defence: Kimmich,Boateng,Hummles & Alaba vs Walker,Stones,Otamendi,Delph. Like come on haahaah. The EPL is a joke for that defence to seem miraculous.
    Not to mention the bench disparity.

City have a great middlefield but Fernandinho is nowhere near Casemiro level. 32 yo David Silva isn't bad but it's a joke when compared to Modric,Kroos,Thiago.

City might have an amazing attack but Bayern have the best striker in the world (Lewandowski) . A reborn James plus Muller,Coman,Roben,Ribbery.

17. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Roma or Sevilla please. Want to avoid Barcelona, Bayern and City in this round.

18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Well, in the poll in this thread, Manchester City has 1 vote while Bayern has 0 so........

I say............
    [​IMG]

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    looooooool silva a joke? You should watch more games before making such statements. If there is a player that is underrated its Silva and it seems Pep is going for a Gundogan, Silva and KdB midfield so no Fernandinho.

20. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Sick of these anti-british comments. People should watch the Spanish media. Maybe learn Spanish. If you think the English are arrogant or obnoxious holy shit just read and watch the spanish/madrid media.

We've already won the CL and Sergio Ramos is the greatest defender of all time.

This hate for all things British is clearly a backlash to the popularity and hype of the EPL. So what who cares? Stop playing the victim. Enjoy your life. Stop being a pussy. Jealousy is a killer.

21. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Spanish teams have won the last 4 CL's in a row. The last time an English team won it was in 2012. And before Manchester United won the Europa League last season, Sevilla won it 3 times in a row. Spanish teams have also won the last 4 Uefa Supercups. I really don't see how the Spanish can be jealous of the EPL.

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't know about that but after having to read your posts these last few months I really wish idiocy was.

Deep Pal, CR7PT, AriGold and 8 others repped this.
  23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But but but can Real do it in Stoke?

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    You're one of the worst culprits. I can tell you hardly read or watch Spanish media.

If you don't like EPL don't watch it and if you don't like the British media then learn a new language. Watch something else.

25. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah ,the new language might kill our braincells like it did to you.