Uber/Lyft to Avaya Stadium

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by raindawg, Mar 21, 2017.

1. raindawg

raindawg Member

Sep 22, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I start a separate thread on this topic....

Has anyone have experience with using Uber/Lyft to get to/from games at Avaya Stadium? In particular, how long are waits after games in the lot they dedicated for shared rides?

I'm considering using shared rides for the USMNT match on Friday, so any insights would be appreciated.

2. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have used Lyft to get there, but not to leave. I suspect I'd be more worried about surge pricing and traffic than wait times. If you want to get away from the postgame crowds, you might consider taking the free 10 bus to Santa Clara Caltrain and then requesting a ride from there.

3. SJC Lou

SJC Lou Member

May 4, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I've use Uber to get home after matches. The ride share pickup area is on Coleman (airport side) across the street from In & Out. Works well just make sure NOT to make a left onto Newhall Drive you'll get stuck in traffic. Stick to going towards Santa Clara on Coleman. A good option, as mentioned, is to Take the 10 bus to Santa Clara Caltrain I did that many times last season.

4. raindawg

raindawg Member

Sep 22, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks ThreeApples & SJC Lou.

I think #10 bus after the game would be a good option if the Uber lot seems crazy after the game. If I recall, I also need to cross Coleman the catch #10 to the Santa Clara Caltrain?

5. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, cross Coleman at the Earthquake Way light and turn left to get to the bus.