U20 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Glove Stinks, Aug 1, 2018.

1. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While everyone here should know that I have a quite low opinion of our development system and I think it is missing a large number of girls and failing to properly train even far more I have to say that there is not another national system that is any better on the women's side.

There are a number that have had so far to go that it looks like they are developing better or faster or both but they are really just going through the stages of development we went through years ago and some are approaching the stagnant stage we are now in BUT not one has managed to pass through that stage, yet.

What I think will happen is that one or two countries will figure a way at least partially through that barrier. Those countries may or may not include the US.

The men's side is MUCH worse and there it is unlikely we will ever catch up as we are not progressing faster than other countries. In fact we are all pretty much stagnant.

The dynamics on the women's side and the women's side are dramatically different for the US as we have a rather large cultural bias against men's soccer but we have almost no such bias against women's.

I think our "solution" lies in a HUGE upheaval in the ranks of the US's women's program but our soccer culture is now in the sports equivalent of a "Water monopoly empire" and as such it can only be overthrown by an external force and such an external force does not seem to exist at this time.

So we will continue to stagnate but we are NOT getting worse. The other countries are getting better. At some point they will become as stagnate as we are and we will have a situation much like the men with five or six countries maintaining romance and an additional eight or so with the ability to win it all in any give year.

The US, with their money (I am talking about the economy not the soccer federation) and fairly high population, has the resources to dominate for a VERY long time but the current leadership will continue to screw it up so things will remain exactly as they are for both sexes.

Glove Stinks and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.