U20 WC and how it affects FCD

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Pegasus, May 10, 2019.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we all thought 1 or two FCD midfielders would make the U20 World Cup but did anyone predict 3? Also I'm counting Richards since he was here for at least a year so FCD has 4 current or former players among the 21 making up 19% of the roster.

Roster:

GOALKEEPERS (3): CJ Dos Santos (Benfica/POR; Foxchase, Pa.; 2/0), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.; 4/0), Brady Scott (Köln/GER; Petaluma, Calif.; 9/0)
    DEFENDERS (6): Sergino Dest (Ajax/NED; Almere-Stad, Netherlands; 8/1), Chris Gloster (Hannover 96/GER; Montclair, N.J.; 11/0), Aboubacar Keita (Richmond Kickers; Columbus, Ohio; 2/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.; 10/3), Matthew Real (Philadelphia Union; Drexel Hill, Pa.; 10/0), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/GER; Birmingham, Ala.; 8/0)
    MIDFIELDERS (6): Edwin Cerrillo (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas; 0/0), Chris Durkin (D.C. United; Glen Allen, Va.; 2/0), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.; 4/0), Alex Mendez (Freiburg/GER; Los Angeles, Calif.; 15/8), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas; 9/3), Brandon Servania (FC Dallas; Dallas, Texas; 8/2)
    FORWARDS (6): Ayo Akinola (Toronto FC/CAN; Brampton, Ont.; 12/9), Konrad De La Fuente (Barcelona/ESP; Miami, Fla.; 2/1), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; Lynwood, Calif.; 11/7), Justin Rennicks (New England Revolution; South Hamilton, Mass.; 13/6), Sebastian Soto (Hannover 96/GER; San Diego, Calif.; 5/2), Tim Weah (Celtic FC/SCO; Rosedale, N.Y.; 0/0)

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would a mod change the title to U20 WC?

3. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously Pax is the most impactful to FCD out of the trio. I've liked what I've seen from Cerrillo and Servania, but there is so much depth where they play we should be able to last a month or so without them. It just seems like we can't seem to start the engine without Pax on the field this year.

4. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the FCD website: "Cerrillo and Servania will depart on Monday following FC Dallas’ game against the New York Red Bulls on Saturday, May 11. Pomykal will join his FC Dallas teammates and the rest of the U-20 squad on Monday, May 20 and will be available for both FC Dallas matches against Los Angeles FC."
    Assuming (quite an assumption!) US makes it to the final, Cerillo and Servania are out for 5-6 games. Pax will be out 3-4 games.
    If this were the World Cup instead of U20 World Cup, I'd want US to win it regardless of how it affects FCD. Since it's only the U20 World Cup...

5. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, one wonders if Pax will actually available, or he's staying behind to complete his rehab with FCD trainers. I think Buzz's practice report this week had him on the side working out.

6. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Pax is not available. he stayed behind because, I'm told, he's "very particular" about his rehab training and wanted to finish it here before leaving for the U20's.

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So any idea if he's healthy and ready to go for the U20's?

8. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    He’s now with the team in Poland

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now we wait. Hope he's ready to go and plays like he did in qualifying. Too bad Ferreira isn't able to go.