U20/U19 Pre-Qualifying Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Sep 3, 2018.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats very interesting. Maybe he's signing a pro contract so they aren't going to even put him in the academy? He's not on any academy rosters that I can find.

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    http://www.ksby.com/story/38846501/lompoc-soccer-defender-julian-araujo-signs-with-la-galaxy-ii

Araujo told KSBY on Wednesday, "I joined the LA Galaxy because they are giving me so many opportunities. I will be registered with the U19 academy but it will be full time with Galaxy II."

So maybe they just haven't bothered listing him on their academy rosters yet. He just got there last month, so maybe its not a surprise that he hasn't appeared yet for Los Dos either.

3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    This seems to be a good decision. Play with Galaxy II the rest of the season, maybe get some academy games in during the offseason, play again with Galaxy II early next season, and leave at the end of the academy season for Europe.

Stupid_American repped this.
  4. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Two games tomorrow, any stream information?

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Coverage is but a dream.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  6. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Latest I found searching the twitter is US U19s were tied with Venezuela late 2-2. Booth scored the first for the US but not sure who scored the second. No lineup information.

7. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017

8. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    swear to ... you have an @ussoccer_ynt account and you can't get anyone to tweet anything? #rocketscience

9. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Frankly its ridiculous they can't live stream these games with an announcer. Doesn't US Soccer have some type of surplus? Surely they could use a few shekels to let the rest of the world watch these games.

10. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Not anymore. When the USMNT don't make World Cups USSF lose out on $10-12 million for group stage and Round of 16 losers.

11. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    USSF reported a $140 million surplus one year ago. Missing the WC doesn’t put them in the red all of a sudden.

onefineesq and SUDano repped this.
  12. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  13. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    The U-20s beat Jamaica 3-1

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Any further info? Scorers? Assisters? Lineup?

15. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US U19 lineup vs. Venezuela was: Fowler; Harriel, Foe Nuphaus, Araujo, Watts; Goslin, Ferri, Acosta; Llanez, Lopez Terrazas, Reyes.

I haven't seen anything for the U20s yet.

16. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...la-u20s-2-2-2018-u20-mens-invitational-opener

BRADENTON, Fla. (Sept. 7, 2018) – The U.S. Under-19 Men’s National Team opened the 2018 U.S. Soccer U-20 Men's Invitational with a 2-2 draw against South American U-20 power Venezuela. Next up in the round-robin tournament, the U-19s will face the U.S. U-20 Men’s National Team on Sunday at 4:30 p.m. ET, while Venezuela takes on Jamaica earlier in the day at 11 a.m. ET.

In the first of its three tournament games, the U-19 MNT took the lead 26 minutes into the second half after goals from Taylor Booth (62nd minute) and Blaine Ferri (71st minute) put the Red, White and Blue up 2-0.

Booth’s strike came after the midfielder received a throw-in near the left corner of the penalty box, turned, took a touch toward goal and sent a screamer past the goalkeeper into the far side netting.

Nine minutes later, Booth’s 2017 U-17 World Cup teammate and fellow midfielder Blaine Ferri doubled the USA’s lead. On the attack at the top of the penalty box, El Paso native and current Club Santos Laguna forward Manuel Terrazas looped a pass over the Venezuela defense and onto the run of Ferri, who volleyed his strike into the bottom right corner of the net.

La Vinotinto got back into the game in the 87th minute with a goal from Carlos Ramos and went on to keep the USA from earning three points with a penalty kick conversion three minutes into extra time, off the foot of Christian Makoun to know the final score line at 2-2.​

17. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soto with a brace and Akinola scored. Lineup was Brady Scott, Jaylin Lindsey (Sergino Dest, 76'), Mark McKenzie (Capt.), Chris Richards (Lennard Maloney, 85'), Chris Gloster, Brandon Servania, Juan Torres, Alex Mendez (Shaft Brewer Jr., 46'), Ayo Akinola (Christian Cappis, 73'), Griffin Dorsey (Manny Perez, 73'), 9-Sebastian Soto (Paxton Pomykal, 41')
    Subs not used: 12-CJ Dos Santos, 18-Sam Vines, 21-Andres Jimenez

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...sa-3-1-win-over-jamaica-u20-mens-invitational

KUSA77, Tom Collingsworth, STR1 and 6 others repped this.
  18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If this guy continues playing guys like Akinola and Dorsey over Pomykal :rolleyes:

19. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it interesting that all of Ayo, Dorsey, and Soto started. Our youth teams love playing three strikers (Dorsey is a striker, right?), but it puts an incredible amount of pressure on our midfield to create everything and defend with width.

I don't necessarily think that this lineup is Tab's first choice, but the midfield and back seems pretty close. I wonder what his thought process is about the wings right now. Carleton and Pomykal are both good, but also not the quickest, and Tab has rated physically over technical ability before. I think he's probably really annoyed he can't stick Amon and Taitague out there.

20. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Damn, even Tab Ramos doesn't play Andrew Carleton!

21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Injured? Not released? Arrived late to camp?

22. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    No clue.

But it sure is curious.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  23. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Johan Penaranda is starting tonight for Pitt vs. UNC, which would seem to be pretty indicative that he's not currently with the U19s. Maybe he joins them tomorrow.

24. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it sounds like no more Booth for the last 2 games.

Pl@ymaker repped this.