U20 NTC Invitational 6/29 - 7/3 (Carson, CA)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ielag, Jun 21, 2016.

1. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
  2. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saucedo is in

bballshawn and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. bshredder

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, EPB was invited but will not attend so he can begin the preseason with Porto

5. DeAndresHaircut

DeAndresHaircut Member+

Jul 24, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so is he there until Dec/Jan then?

6. Danny Woodhead

Jul 12, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Cape Cod Crusaders
    Busy month, as the U-20's are also playing in the COTIF Tournament in Spain in late July-early August. I wonder if this is one of those deals where the NTC will have more North American-based players while the COTIF Tournament features more Europeans.

Gacm32 repped this.
  7. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    I wonder if Glad will be going, seems pretty integral with RSL right now but so does Redding. But Orlando at least has other options at the spot. If he does get called in it would be interesting to see the Redding/Glad pairing, and if he doesn't it will be interesting to see who he get paired with. Almost certainly Marcelo Borges will be called in but still, should be interesting.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't like that Orlando is releasing Redding for what is essentially a meaningless tournament.

We have other guys we can invite to build the pool............................

9. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will attempt to spin this positively:

Presumably Redding will depart after Orlando's game against Toronto on June 25. If he stays for the whole camp, he'd likely not play in their next game against Dallas on July 4. However, Orlando then have a busy schedule with games on July 8, 13, 16, 23, 29 (USOC), and 31. There will likely need to be a bit of squad rotation anyway.

10. bshredder

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marlon Fossey is in

Gacm32 repped this.
  11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I think Fossey would be only the second '98 to get a U20 callup who wasn't part of the last U17 setup, Young being the other.

12. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Member

Oct 21, 2015
    It'll be interesting to see if Zendejas is there after news today that's he leaving Dallas for Chivas.

Won't necessarily mean anything definitive either way and also he's been injured so not even sure he's fit but interesting nonetheless.

13. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marco Farfan better get called up

Gacm32 repped this.
  14. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Member

Oct 21, 2015
    De la torre also in.

Roster should be out tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    FWIW, being at Chivas seemingly wasn't an issue for Luis Martir last cycle. And Julio Morales was Chivas property when he got his MNT callup (after appearing for Mexico YNTs).

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/01/09/11/46/150109-mnt-january-camp-roster-rel

hokeydokey and Winoman repped this.
  16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Hopefully we can get the best possible players. So far, EPB won't be there. Pulisic as well. Zendejas can probably be counted out as well. We should try to get the rest of the players that we can get.

GK: Marcinkowski, Vom Steeg, Klinsi
    Defenders: Fossey, Olosunde, Carter-Vickers, Redding, Glad, Miles Robinson, Barbir Antonee Robinson, Nelson
    Midfielders: Scott, Zelalem, Albelo, Williamson, Yueill, DLT, Akale, Saucedo, Perez, Sabbi
    Forwards: Haji, Ebobisse, Lennon

Thats 25 players. Its hard to narrow it down to 23. There are so many good players.

Winoman repped this.
  17. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No love for Marco Farfan.

18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know enough about his game. I thought about Farfan over Nelson, but I went with the known quantity.

Its just my opinion, by the way. I don't pick the roster, and for all we know, he could be picked.

19. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Nelson but Farfan has been playing decently at a higher level.

20. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    chance haji goes to preseason with schalke's FT?

21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    With the other event in Spain coming quickly (July) we may see a little bit of a split squad. We should still be in a little bit of "building the pool" mode. For instance I see no reason to bring all of CCV, Redding, Glad, and Barbir to this event. Two to this event and two to the other, with some other guys in the rotation to fill the pool (Kyle Gruno, etc.) Maybe EPB goes to the event in Spain............................

Probably MLS/domestic depth at this event (Craft, Mansaray, and company) and foreign-based depth at the Spain event. And hopefully there will be some new names for us from Mexico. We really haven't looked at many Mexico-based options. We know they're there................

22. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    zero

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999

Could be Ebobisse, Mendes, Robinson, Williamson, maybe others...

As a side note, Ramos has already called in 59 players through the first four camps. Last cycle, he called in 79 total. We may or may not be getting close to the bulk of the pool being seen at least once, late-blooming '98s and Euro additions perhaps aside.

24. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Why? He's regarded as one of the best prospects in their academy by the fans who watch the academy games regularly and he scored at about a goal per game pace.

bballshawn repped this.
  25. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    There could be some 99's that get a chance later in the cycle. I wouldn't rule out Adams, Lopez, Gruno, Tillman, Taitague.