U16 Camp at IMG Academy (Sept 12-21)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ShaftBrewer, Sep 11, 2018.

1. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...-u16bnt-to-hold-36-player-camp-at-img-academy

GOALKEEPERS (4): Anjan Chakravarti (LA Breakers FC; West Hollywood, Calif.), Eliot Jones (New England Revolution; New Britain, Conn.), Gavin Krenecki (Sacramento Republic FC; Fair Oaks, Calif.), Andre Zuluaga (Kendall SC; Miami, Fla.)

DEFENDERS (13): Adrian Aguilar (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.), Prince Amponsah (New York City FC; Bronx, N.Y.), Edwin Arias (Barca Academy; Phoenix, Ariz.), Justin Che (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas), Mauricio Cuevas (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.), Mitchell Ferguson (Sporting Kansas City; Glen Carbon, Ill.), Jonathan Gomez (FC Dallas; Keller, Texas), Dante Huckaby (Philadelphia Union; Wayne, Pa.), Alec Kenison (San Diego Surf; San Diego, Calif.), Eric Kinzner (Seattle Sounders FC; Tacoma, Wash.), Nico McMillan (Seattle Sounders FC; Seattle, Wash.), Casey Walls (San Jose Earthquakes; Mill Valley, Texas), Joseph Zalinsky (New York Red Bulls; Brick, N.J.)

MIDFIELDERS (9): Edison Azcona (Orlando City SC; Clermont, Fla.), Elton Chifamba (Crew SC Academy; Blacklick, Ohio), Caden Clark (Barca Academy; Medina, Minn.), Daniel Edelman (Players Development Academy; Warren, N.J.), Sota Kitahara (Seattle Sounders FC; Edmonds, Wash.), Daniel Leyva (Seattle Sounders FC; Burien, Wash.), Jack McGlynn (BW Gottschee Academy; Middle Village, N.Y.), Wilfredo Rivera (Orlando City SC; Fleming Island, Fla.), Tyler Taber (FC Metz; Bertrange, Luxembourg)

FORWARDS (10): Patrick Bohui (Philadelphia Union; West Chester, Pa.), Andres Cardenas (Weston FC; Doral, Fla.), Cade Cowell (San Jose Earthquakes; Ceres, Calif.), Selmir Miscic (Philadelphia Union; Royersford, Pa.), Alex Monis (Chicago Fire; Naperville, Ill.), Jonathan Perez (LA Galaxy; Pico Rivera, Calif.), Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; McKinney, Texas), Sam Sarver (Crew SC Academy; Beachwood, Ohio), Dante Sealy (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas), Brandon Zelaya (De Anza Force; Redwood City, Calif.)

2. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pepi returns to the fold after being with Mexico U16s. On social media he seems to be a player who truly values both countries; he wasn't really leaning toward Mexico only. Gomez of FC Dallas is another player who El Tri might be watching; this is his first USYNT callup. No Tyler Freeman, so perhaps he's with the U17s moving forward.

3. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 ChuckMe92, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Tyler Taber of Metz is (by my count) the tenth abroad-based '03 to be called up to USYNTs, joining Fernando Alvarez (Pachuca), Rowan Browne (AB Gladsaxe in Denmark), Sebastian Burke (Bayern), Vaughn Covil (Southampton), Dylan Keleman (CD Universidad Católica in Chile), Alec Kenison (Middlesbrough), Chitua Hani-Okoroafor (Sheffield Wednesday), Austen Herring (Southampton), Lateef Omidiji (Go Ahead Eagles). Most of them were just at one US camp and not a second one so far, except for Burke, who has been at two. Alvarez and Omidiji flipped to Mexico and Nigeria, while the others apparently haven't been worth another look for now.

4. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Pepi is the best 03 at FCD but doesn't seem to get the hype of a few of the others. He is a scoring machine and if he can maintain that goal scoring rate as others catch up to him physically, he will be a very good prospect.

Gomez was the best player on the U15FCD group last year and its about time he got a call up. Tough, tenacious defender converted from forward that can score and get forward.

5. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenison was called up to this camp but interesting he's listed with San Diego Surf

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I like Gomez game better, but the mainstream will tell you the best is Sealy. It’s one of those two, Pepi or Gomez, IMO. I think they are clearly the two best 03’s in the system. Next would probably be Sealy, but I think Che, Fragle and Villarreal are all close in ability.

I’m a big fan of both and it’s important that we keep both in the system.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #7 ussoccer97531, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Nyeman and Casas are injured, although there’s no guarantee Nyeman would be in this team, anyway. He belongs in the U-17’s.

Krenecki/Jones(very close)
    Cuevas-Che-Ferguson-Gomez
    Chifamba-Kitahara(no great option here)
    Perez
    Sealy/Bohui-Pepi-Sarver

Casas replaces Kitihara, Nyeman replaces Perez, Freeman replaces Sealy/Bohui, and I think that’s our first choice ‘03 lineup. Maybe also Stoup ahead of Che, but they are similar in ability and playing style. They might be our two best CB’s in the year, but we need a better aerial presence and Ferguson isn’t bad at this level, despite a severe lack of speed.

Very weak CB year (early on) as I see it, anyway. We are two deep in quality fullbacks on both sides (Hall and Sorensen). I like the attackers in the year, as well.

8. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018

Villareal recently left FCD and is now at Pachuga in Mexico. Sealy hasn't impressed as of late and seems to force it quite a lot. Same problem that Rezdic has in the 02 age group. If they are on, they can't beat people one v one and provide a lot of danger on the wings, but losing the ball too much is a common problem.

Gomez is consistent and will only get better. Pepi has shown his ability since coming from El Paso.

ChuckMe92, Pl@ymaker and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  9. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Check out @thenextsoccer’s Tweet:
    1040345723160543232 is not a valid tweet id

Tom Collingsworth and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'm not so worried about Sealy and Redzic. They're moving up the ranks quickly and are hitting the inevitable wall that an increase in the quality of competition brings. They'll adapt and advance. Or they'll fail to adapt...........and stagnate.

Its OK that kids of this age go thru rough patches.