U15 BNT at HDC: Oct. 27 - Nov. 3

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ielag, Oct 18, 2012.

1. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    This training camp marks the first of the new cycle of players born in 1998.

U.S. Under-15 BNT Roster By Position:

GOALKEEPERS (5): Ben Hale (Liverpool America FC; Frisco, Texas), Hamza Monawer (Arlington Soccer Association; Burke, Va.), Abraham Romero (LA Galaxy; Altadena, Calif.), Kevin Silva (PDA; Bethlehem, Pa.), Andrew Verdi (FC DELCO; Ivyland, Pa.)

DEFENDERS (10): Hugo Arellano (Chivas USA; Norwalk, Calif.), Daniel Barbir (PDA; Macungie, Pa.), George Braima (Crew Soccer Academy; Columbus, Ohio), Thomas McCabe (PDA; South Orange, N.J.), John Nelson II (Internationals Soccer Club; Medina, Ohio), Luke Prpa (Chicago Magic; Wind Lake, Wis.), Juan Riley (Weston FC; Weston, Fla.), Joseph Schmidt (Internationals Soccer Club; Chagrin Falls, Ohio), Alexis Velela (Nomads SC; San Diego, Calif.), Trey Vinson (D.C. United Academy; Manassas, Va.)

MIDFIELDERS (11): Christian Albelo (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim; Clarksville, Tenn.), Eric Calvillo (Real SoCal; Palmdale, Calif.), Arturo Carrillo (Club Atlético Monarcas Morelia; Healdsburg, Calif.), Luca De La Torre (San Diego Surf; San Diego, Calif.), Weston McKennie (FC Dallas; Little Elm, Texas), Logan Panchot (St. Louis Scott Gallagher Missouri; St. Louis, Mo.), Christian Pulisic (PA Classics; Hershey, Pa.), Edwin Quiroz (Crescenta SC CA; Lancaster, Calif.), Juan Ramirez (Bethesda Lions; Kensington, Md.), Brian Zelaya (De Anza Force Academy; San Mateo, Calif.), Alejandro Zendejas (FC Dallas; Allen, Texas)

FORWARDS (10): Juan Manuel Albizar (Downtown SC Premier; Compton, Calif.), Orrin Gaines II (Lonestar SC; Austin, Texas), Joe Gallardo Jr. (Nomads SC; San Diego, Calif.), Justin Ingram (Indiana United Fire; Indianapolis, Ind.), Lagos Kunga (DDYSC 98 Wolves Elite; Atlanta, Ga.), Jonathan Navarro (De Anza Force Academy; San Jose, Calif.), Joshua Perez (Chivas USA; La Habra, Calif.), Elijah Rice (Chicago Magic PSG; Highland Park, Ill.), Sean Teixeira (New York Red Bulls; Trumbull, Conn.), Haji Wright (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.)

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-15-B...-Names-36Player-Roster-for-Training-Camp.aspx

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Christian Albelo:thumbsup:

3. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    J.R. Eskilson@JREskilson
    FT: U.S. U15 BNT 4-2 Strikers. Goals: Joshua Perez (x2), Orrin Gaines, and Hugo Arellano. #usynt

2h [​IMG] J.R. Eskilson@JREskilson
    Joshua Perez's dad is on the sidelines wearing an ACF Fiorentina sweater, which is somewhere between amusing and strong foreshadowing.

These were also posted at the Joshua Perez thread. I expect to see a writeup on the two games tonight, Strikers & Galaxy, at TDS (hopefully tomorrow).

EXALIFTIN and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perez shined once again against the Strikers. His thought process and technique are just on a different level than his teammates.

6. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
  7. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gil, Guido, Flores and now Perez.:thumbsup:

8. nandoal28

nandoal28 Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All Perez does is score goals. I have to see this kid play!

9. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me2:thumbsup:

10. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
  13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Shrug.

It's a group of kids that have never played together before versus a group of kids of good talent that play together every week.

I'm not to concerned one way or the other.

yuyofutbol repped this.
  14. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    I see the 6-0 scoreline as a reminder of how pointless it is for the USSF to stage "elite" camps for 14-year-olds. There is a far more efficient way to challenge kids this age. Play them up.

SUDano and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    on the money.

16. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    I agree with you comment. I think the other problem is that some of these players will be on this team going forward even if their quality of play does not improve. I have seen a few of these players play already this year in the academy and for the most part they lack soccer knowledge but their physical ability allows them a bit if edge. That is even playing up a year or two

17. yuyofutbol

yuyofutbol BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 19, 2011
    Stuttgart, Germany
    [​IMG]

The sky is not falling, losing those games to the two Academy rivals on Thursday do not mean anything at this point. The famous nucleus lose 3-1, and according to others present it could have been 4,5, or 6 to 1. It the past a lot of the wins came on key individual performances not the system. MAYBE, the coaching staff is working in certain facets of the game at this camp, to continue building on the next outing. The way I see it , the majority of the players will return next camp with possibly of a few additions. 14 years olds are allowed to have a bad camp. Do not take to heart the "A" or B" team designation our friend uses. Do you think that "AB" Abraham Romero is B team material. I will not put such a tag on the best keeper in the Nation, by the way our neighbors to the south are hoping we go back to the Rontgen years. These are some of the so called B team players Panchot, Wright, Rice, Navarro, Wesley, Romero, Prpa and Albelo. When you have so many players in certain positions is best to play them regardless of team, since you cannot fairly access anybody in the bench. They have two years to get that chemistry needed in route to qualifiers and Chile 2015, at that time many will still be here while others will be gone. It is a marathon not a sprint. By the way the nucleus was hardly mentioned by our friend this week during his coverage.