U14 Croatia Trip 2003's 5/31-6/10-17

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by SUDano, Jun 2, 2017.

1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...-calls-20-players-to-croatia-for-u14-bnt-camp
    Roster by Position:
    GOALKEEPERS (2): Eliot Jones (New England Revolution; New Britain, Conn.), Jacob Morris (Real Colorado; Parker, Colo.)
    DEFENDERS (7): Fernando Alvarez (C.F. Pachuca; New York, N.Y.), Reece Frage (FC Dallas; Plano, Texas), Jacob Greene (DC United; Crofton, Md.), Isaac Homer (Portland Timbers; Portland, Ore.), Morris Matthews (New England Revolution; Cambridge, Mass.), Bogart Roca (Real So Cal; Sylmar, Calif.), Zachary Sardi-Santos (New England Revolution; Newton, Mass.)
    MIDFIELDERS (6): Sebastian Burke (Chelsea FC; Raleigh, N.C.), Javier Casas (Chicago Fire; Addison, Ill.), Jeremy Garay (D.C. United; Woodbridge, Va.), Martin Killeen (LA Galaxy; Brea, Calif.), Sota Kitahara (Seattle Sounders FC; Edmonds Wash.), Jack McGlynn (BW Gottschee; Middle Village, N.Y.)
    FORWARDS (5): Andres Cardenas (Weston FC; Doral, Fla.), Tyler Freeman (Sporting Kansas City; Shawnee, Kan.), Brian Gutierrez (Chicago Fire; Burbank, Ill.), Alex Monis (FC United; Naperville, Ill.), Dante Sealy (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas)

2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  3. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three Rev's. That has to be a first. Maybe they are figuring it out up there.

6. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Wondering whether lack of Galaxy players means "Dear Klejbans, we aren't sponsoring Mexican YNT anymore"

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  7. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  8. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Stop. You repeatedly make the charge, without foundation, that either Brian Kleiban, his brother Gary, or both, have influenced Galaxy DA players, more specifically Alvarez and Llanez, to leave the USYNT program and play for Mexico. Stylistically, I would guess that Gary prefers Mexico over the U.S., and it's no secret that he has problems with the USSF in general. However, it's a long leap from there to influencing players to leave the U.S. program. Also, several current & former FC Dallas players have left the U.S. program to play for Mexico. I guess that means that Luchi Gonzalez and/or other FC Dallas DA coaches have similarly influenced players to change YNT affiliations.

Namdynamo, ielag and Starman* repped this.
  9. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Show me where Luchi says that MLS is garbage, American soccer is garbage and congratulate his kids for making Mexican YNTs and I agree with you. Until then Klejbans is a pipeline to Mexico.

Dirt McGirt and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    lol

That would be a really strong (but good) message.

If they want to have their players get called up to USYNT's, they should stop pushing the Mexican-American ones towards Mexico.

And I'm sure there are other factors at play, but with how much Gary complains about US Soccer (and presumably Brian, just not publicly), I would find it to be too much of a coincidence that their top two prospects all of a sudden switched to Mexico.

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nice that Dante Sealy was called into camp. I'm sure T&T is going to throw the full-court press at him. Maybe they'll even offer him a senior NT spot in a few years. Get him in the program early, and hopefully he wants to play for the better NT instead of the one he'll play for sooner.

USSoccerNova and SUDano repped this.
  12. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    You're conflating Brian with Gary. I don't recall Brian publicly trashing MLS, but of course like Luchi he works for an MLS club, so he just wouldn't do that. Ok, so Gary is a vocal, angry critic of MLS, USSF, and much of U.S. soccer in general, but so what, unless one believes that the Alvarez and Llanez families are so dependent on Gary's biases and are incapable of making their own decisions. I estimate that at least 70% of the Mexican-American youth players, based on my speaking with kids, prefer El Tri, and the only reason why we haven't seen more of them play with Mexican YNTs is simply because they didn't get invites from Mexico. They don't need to hear from Gary Kleiban to decide where their passions are.

Eighteen Alpha, ielag and Starman* repped this.
  13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Don't you think if Gary is screaming about it on twitter that Brian might have similar views but just doesn't want to look really bad as he might get a big job in the next few years?

And I don't think anyone would begin to suggest they have complete influence over who these players play for, but they could push them in a direction.

butters59 repped this.
  14. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Maybe someone should tweet Uly Llanez's dad to find out. Both father and son have twitter accounts.

15. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Leave the kid and his Dad alone. It will only hurt. Let things play out and do things out of the public glare of social media.

Eighteen Alpha, Starman* and butters59 repped this.
  17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Wasn't there a 32 player '03 training camp within the last week? I'd assume these are the "better" 03's and that the players who played last week are fringe players for this YNT age group at this point?

18. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I wasn't serious. I'm not big on being intrusive.

Eighteen Alpha and SUDano repped this.
  19. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    That was all part of the late birth month/late maturing stuff.

20. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a U14 team? Do we have a U8 team too? That'd be hilarious a U8 World Cup.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    U-14 is the youngest age group, which currently is the 03's, but there is not always a U-14 age group, it applies now because of the time in the cycle for U-20's and U-17's. Towards the end of the year, there will probably be an '04 camp, but then it'll probably be considered U-15. Or maybe they'll knock a year off the designations, but they usually don't.

After the U-20 and U-17 world cup's conclude, these should be the new age group designations.

U-23 (probably starts around this time next year): '97, '98
    U-20: '99
    U-19: '00
    U-18: '01
    U-17: '02
    U-16: '03
    U-15: '04

22. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #22 Balerion, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    It's not unusual at all for the Revs to have multiple representatives on younger YNT rosters. Their players rarely hang around past the U18 level, though. Maybe that will change, who knows.

I have no idea if this is because Revs academy players fade down the stretch (lack of adult athleticism, poor coaching?) or if they are just unmeritoriously overrepresented at the younger YNT level.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  23. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
  24. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still want to see a U8 World Cup (thanks for the explanation tho)

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  25. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles