U.S. vs. Canada 10/17 (WWCQ Final) pre/pbp/post

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Semblance17, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The regional rivalry continues.
    Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 7.00.54 PM.png
    Make way, MLB Playoffs. No one has FS2.

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm no one.

jnielsen, Kevin625, Airox and 4 others repped this.
  3. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I have FS2 but the US vs Canada final is on FS1. It is the third place match that is on FS2.

I have stopped using FSx for my watching of this tournament due to their unreliability. I use the Fox Sports app and never miss a second.

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Directtv has been making fs2 available free when mlb preempts fs1

5. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5 jackdoggy, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Geez Louise. My Dish Network programming guide has the Match coverage listed as starting at 7:15(C) who the H. knows when the actual kickoff will occur. So those with fancy DVR's, double check your "end-time" and adjust your extend recording time appropriately or you will lose the last 10 -15 minutes of the Match.
    I believe the reference to "depending on MLB Payoffs" reference is simply for what if the Baseball game scheduled to start at 4:05(C)....goes long. The game tonight (not over yet) placed in the Wedn time slot would still be going on (on FS1) at 7:30(C).
    Who knows, will FIFA have pre-match ceremonies that will push the start time back even further? Don't remember anything special before.
    If the BB game is still going on at 7:15, my guess is FOX will switch the Match to FS2. BWTHDIK.
    I plan to be rolling on both networks from 7:00 - 10:00 just to be safe. Good luck everyone.

6. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Once again just use the Fox Sports app and you do not have to worry about actual start time or the match running over or any other thing that might impact the timing of the match. They have the entire match from start to finish and you have a choice of starting live or from the beginning when you enter the match and they also have replays for at least several days after the match.

I just hate depending on network decisions about what is "important" and what should be considered secondary programming.

So far using the app I have missed nothing and been surprised by nothing except Panama's and Jamaica's performance.

Semblance17 repped this.
  7. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like that will do me diddly squat when I want to watch the Match 15 times over the next 3 years.

8. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, we must watch football very differently. There is so much content available that I almost never rewatch a match that I have once seen except for the rare times that I, in my old age, accidentally fall asleep before the end. It happens sometimes even in exciting matches at my age.

But everyone is different so we each must fill our football addiction in different ways.
    "Remember you are unique, just like everybody else."

9. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    365 days x 16 waking hours... = 5,840 hours
    15 live WNT Matches x 2 hours = (30 hours)
    Time to watch USWNT replays 5,810 hours per year
    Are you suggesting there are other teams or other "content available"? That is a concept that is completely foreign to me. :D:D Sometime you need to tell me about these other teams.:D:D

10. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooooooohhhh Can-a-daaaaaaaaaaaa, I hope we kick your buuuuuutts.
    • The signing of the Declaration of Independence.
    • The invention of the silicon clip.
    • The Retirement of the Head Stomper who shall remain nameless on February 4, 2017.
    All momentous days in the History of this Country. And since that glorious day in 2017, d*mn skippy I said glorious, I no longer despise our neighbors to the North. Rather its more of a respectful tolerance. In fact, for those who have not moved on since that day in Manchester where an assault took place on the pitch a mere 2,263 days ago - you should. I will remember enough for all of us…..trust me on this.

If I hear the word meaningless from the Media one more time I am going to lose it. We will have all the evidence we need 30, 60 seconds into the Match after that first hard tackle.
    ITS #1 vs. #5
    DpuLeb3VAAAqxbG.jpg
    Take no prisoners.

jnielsen and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  11. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    U want to shoot for the rebroadcast to make ur recording. Sounds like the live broadcast will start on FS2 and get moved to FS1 when baseball is over. Fox generally does a rebroadcast the next day and that one will be properly stitched together and ready for a dvr. So if my schedule is right US/Canada will be shown again on FS1 from 2:30 to 4:30 AM Thursday morning.

jackdoggy repped this.
  12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So in a totally unrelated development, I was walking thru Walmart the other day and they had this display of Hisense TVs and who is featured on the box but the USWNT. Id noticed them as advertisers before but salute to Hisense.

jnielsen and Semblance17 repped this.
  13. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    U and Arya both.

McSkillz, MiLLeNNiuM and puttputtfc repped this.
  14. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this pop up in the NWSL supporters page on facebook a few weeks ago and was equally surprised.

15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Might be a little late for game 2

16. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    This has FS2 written all over it.

17. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    FS2 it is... surprise surprise

19. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You are right it is no surprise. Even with extra time and a shootout from the earlier match pushing the US match back the interminable pathetic ponderous plodding of baseball will assure that FS1 will not be available before the second half. (maybe of next week)

20. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow it does not look like the start is being delayed at all. I wonder if the teams got enough warmup? If not there could be an injury issue.

21. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know it is just the outer jackets but it looks strange to see both teams in red.

22. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Any live feeds?

23. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1-0 US the start is strong!!

24. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As far as I know it is just the Fox Sports app.

25. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The difference in the speed of play between this match and the earlier third place match is remarkable. It again shows the wide gap between the top two in CONCACAF and everyone else.

jnielsen repped this.