Review: U.S. Soccer post-Klinsmann

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Nov 21, 2016.

1. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that Klinsmann is out, what happens from here? What should we expect, was Klinsmann truly fired from all levels? Or do we expect him to continue as a TD role?

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I think he's good as gone. I guess he can get a job during the next WC as a commentator.

3. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  4. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    I tell you what, I was one of the biggest detractors before he got fired because to me he had the in-game tactics of a door-knob. BUT,

To me, he was the only person to actually stand-up to Dictator Garber and SUM and push the USSoccer brand based on toughness, playing at the highest stage, and players recruited and not a side-show platform for the promotion of MLS.

Garber constantly sticking his nose into the USMNT with his cynical agenda prompted a egotistical shit-show between two very egotistical people. This led to Donovan not being selected for WC 2014 out of spite and a horrendous 3 years after and Michael Bradley played his best soccer under Klinsmann, because Klinsmann pushed him every day to be top-notch in Europe and then Garber countered with a ridiculously over-paid fat MLS salary and destroyed the player.

if you want USsoccer to be at its best, SUM needs to cut it's leash over it. Garber is both Commissioner of MLS and CEO of SUM. Unfortunately, SUM and USSF signed on together another 4 years, right before the election.

zero media coverage on this deal...……...As expected.

SCSAutism and TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  5. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That will happen around the time pigs fly.

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For you, Garber is to US soccer as Emmanuel Goldstein is to Oceania. Or as Moby Dick is to Captain Arab. You have to reach in to the world of fiction to understand it.

I mean, Garber is at fault for LD not being selected?

7. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I think Atlanta United will win tomorrow.