U-20 World Cup Qualifying Ecuador 2017

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by GPisco, Dec 18, 2016.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Beating Argentina 3-0, wow. Better than the superbowl.

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I haven't seen a game yet but I bet 3 maybe 5 of those guys are like 25. Lol

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm not a pink floyd fan but why would you ruin such an iconic cover like that?

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Isn't the Ecuadorian government and FEF a lot more vigilant about this now? I am hoping for arrest soon though of the people who pay families to do this.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Almost to the WC. That is very surprising but they manage to come back after losing to Venezuela so badly. Pretty surprised honestly.

One kid I really think is doing good is Caicedo. He looks like a better and younger version of the older Caicedo lol. Has speed, strength, and plays with heart. He went from a sub to a started during this tournament. Someone to look out for in the future I think.

6. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Interestingly enough we can win this tournament with a win over Uruguay and also having a better goal difference. That would be our first title in this tournament

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I know this is the U20 but the U17 sucked badly. Wow. Last place. What happened?! Extremely worrisome that the there isn't enough development of the young kinds anymore. I mean we can be battling top all the time or something but at least battling a position to go to the WC. This is sad. That coach needs to go too. Terrible way to be winning a lot of games then to lose at the end. He is freaking terrible.

8. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a disappointment today's game,at last minute the defense gives up a goal,I saw one of Ecuadors player just casually walking next to the guy who scored last goal for USA ,lousy defending.Also, that Cevallos goalkeeper sucks,do we have another goalkeeper?

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I watched the game as well and it was extremely disappointing. They played well first half and created many chances but couldn't close out. The defense and midfield fell asleep. The worst one was the Estupiñan. ALL THE GOALS were because he either lost the ball in attack or got beat on his side.

Why is he pushing so far forward all game long and leaves his space wide freaking open? We were winning big time. USA exploited his side all game long when he pushed forward. He did great when attacking but got owned by the USA player when defending. He should have stayed back and that's a coaching error.

As far as goalkeeping... Cevallos lacked presence. One of the goals he had a chance to go up and get the ball or clear it with his hands. He just doesn't have the height/strength yet to do that. That's how USA was able to head the ball so many times, so close to Cevallos.

The kid Caicedo was a huge disappointment when he subbed in as a forward. He had so many 1v1 chances and just SUCKED! I had hope for him when I watched him play to qualify for the WC but he just sucked. I rather Ecuador sub an extra midfield player to control the ball than subbing in Caicedo. What a waste of space yesterday.

Overall the attacking was very effective. Cabezas was awesome. That kid from Delfin in the mid was awesome as well. No wonder there are rumors he is getting looked at by Manchester City.

cabezamagica repped this.
  10. WhyMe

WhyMe Member

Nov 7, 2015
    NYC
    whats the official channel for ecuador national team games in ecuador? thanks in advance.

11. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ummmm... how is Estupiñan in Spain?! He freaking sucks! There are better players than him that deserve a chance in Spain. I'm betting 90% of the goals given up by Ecuador is from his side.

12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a colossal failure! That coaching staff needs to be fired. How did the line up change so much during a WC?! What the ********!! How did you not call up the kid from Chelsea?! Might as well have let Brazil go because Ecuador is pure embarrassment. Last place in the group... these kids suck.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I heard he was called up by Spain but he chose Ecuador then he was sent packing because he was not in form. Shit, I swear their season just ended.

14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's so suspicious! Sure, a guy that starts in a European team and his season just finished... and somehow he isn't in shape?! Hmmmm.... yeah right. Last place... freaking last place. They all should be ashamed.