U-16 Caribbean Cup

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by jpg75, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Jamaica drew with 10 men.:cool: Let's see what comes of the Haiti /Trinidad match up tomorrow. I predict a win for the Reds:)

2. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Haiti won 1-0 over Trinidad & Tobago. The young Haitians win group A! What were the other scores?

3. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Haiti 1:0 Trinidad &Tobago
    Suriname 3:0 Barbados
    Mexico 2:1 Jamaica
    Dont know the score of the Canada Panama game.

(Good fight today by the young warriors but Haiti was def. the more skillfull team, those fellas have some touches. Having said that they were not all too convincing in the final third which, ironically, could be said the same of T&T. Both teams were guilty of throwing away about the same number of good chances. Good luck Haiti maybe a caribbean team can win outright this year. At least now Ill get that T&T Ja game which ive been waiting for forever :D )

4. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Just a question like that. Do youth national teams results count for the world rankings? I've never gotten a straight answer...

5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    No they dont....

6. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    I got this article from http://www.socawarriors.net/

Reggae Vs Soca up next/Haitians too hot to handle
    By: Shaun Fuentes.

Haiti became football kings of the Caribbean at the Under 16 level when they held off a stubborn challenge from Trinidad & Tobago to come away 1-0 winners in the closing match of Group A action at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Friday night.
    The win gave the Haitians a maximum nine points from their three matches in the closing group stage and put them through to Sunday’s final of the 2006 CFU Youth Cup against Mexico which will be played at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 4pm. With Mexico, which defeated Jamaica 2-1 on Friday not being a CFU team, it automatically means that the Haitians end up as the tournament’s winners. The reggae boyz meantime will do battle with the soca warriors for third place honours from 2pm at the same venue on Sunday. Haiti, Trinidad & Tobago and Jamaica all advance to the final round of CONCACAF qualifying to be played in April 2007 (in Honduras and Jamaica) towards the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Championship in Korea.

7. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    I think the Panama-Canada game ended in a 2-2 draw

8. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    the soca warriors won 3rd place

Trinidad & Tobago 2-1 Jamaica

Does anyone know how the Haiti/Mexico game is going?

9. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Haiti lost to Mexico 3-0 in CFU U-16 Youth Cup ... Two haitian players got red card, They where down to 9 men

10. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Josef Peterson of Haiti got MVP ...best goalkeeper award

11. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    It was 2-0 T&T btw

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

3-0 blowout by Mexico. How does it feel fassyhole!!:D Not even Jamaica lost like that to Mexico. Maybe you should stick to drinking Rooster's blood like you Haitians do:eek:

13. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Lol Warlord was hiding for a couple days before he came back with a killa reply. Haiti made it to the finals...Jamaica lost in the 3rd place match...end of discussion.

14. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    hahaha this kid's too funny, real amusing. Haiti's U16 team are still the Caribbean Champs so what now?

15. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Yeah, pretty ungracious of him I would say.

What he won't tell you is that Haiti beat TnT on their way to the final and only conceded to Mexico after 70 minutes. They hit the post and then were scored on on the counter, and then gave up two more goals after having 2 men sent off.

The Haitians had a good tourney. Congrats to the new youth champions of the Caribbean. I must say that after seeing the Haitian U23's in the CAC I'm impressed by their youth program...The rest of the Caribbean has a few things to learn.

However, I think they still have quite a bit of work to do on the senior level where it really counts. ;)

Also, congrats to the young Soca Warriors on redeeming themselves against the Boyz. :) BTW the score was 2-0.

16. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Yeah the way the tourney went and seeing teams like TnT, Haiti, and Jamaica make it as far as they did makes me and alotta other ppl really anticipate the U19 CFU second round competition next month. Especially since the Haitians and the reggae boyz are going to be in the same group, and the fact that the soca warriors are in the other group with DR, which knocked out Cuba, so they'll need 2 antipate their opponents well.

17. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Mr. Killa,
    Sup with you and dislike for Haitian Football?
    Or is this just all still spewing from the, Trinidad not being the best footballing nation, thread?

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    and your point is what? you still got bitchslapped by Mexico.:D That's a sign of what is to come for you NT when the WCQ rolls around;)

19. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That's the closest you come to a title. Lord knows your Senior Team has never won a Digicel cup much less qualify for the Gold cup consistently:eek:

20. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    I have no dislike for Haiti. It's the dumb@ss that represents you guys on this board.:D I think you know who I'm talking about don't you?;)

21. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    The reggaeboyz had no motivation to play in that game. Big up to Trinidad cuz that's my team also, but we know what happens to Haiti everytime don't we? Lemme look into my crystal ball and see who gets knocked out in preliminary WCQ;)

22. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    I know who you talking bout...but no "guy" here....and definetly no you guys, LoL.:)
    Is Jam world i from