Tyler Adams

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by TheFalseNine, Nov 9, 2017.

1. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I see him sliding passes in to Timo for many goals. Lipzig play the same up tempo style as NYRB. Should be an easy assimilation. Good Luck, TA.

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    It's always difficult for me to gauge a player's worth when some are going for say 50 million dollars based on half a season (and probably due to the fact they're Brazilian/German etc).

3. kingshark

kingshark Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    [​IMG]
    Is this Adams? If so, what a story!

4. house

house Member

Dec 27, 1998
    Inver Grove Heights, Minn.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the move. He’s the box to box player who could be a force on the Nats.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this allowed in the days of "Fair Play" and the Bundesliga also has tough financial rules. Seems this would be skirting the financial rules and if allowed a bunch of teams will start similar lesser teams to circumvent financial rules. Real Madrid could have a farm team in 10 different countries, buy high at the farm clubs and sell low to Real.

6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see him as good as some of you think he is. Sure, he has an excellent engine and is fast. His game is sprinkled with outstanding plays here and there but his technical game has holes. I'm not sold he is that good because if he was, he would take over most games that I have seen him play in MLS and he hasn't.

7. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    TBF, WM has shown himself to be a B1 regular and he hasn't looked materially better than Adams in USMNT games.

8. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only player playing B1 at his position and is currently playing better than him is Mckennie. Morales is a better passer than Adams but he doesn't have the engine or speed and doesn't plays in a better team like Adams will. I think Adams will make it, I just don't think is going to be an easy, quick task as some of you suggest is going to happen.

9. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    hey! I didn't suggest it would be quick or easy! I think the gap between MLS and B1 is substantive and the hardest thing to judge is whether a player can adapt to the faster speed of thought/play. I don't think that because one excels in the minors, it means that they'll excel in the major and that less heralded but athletic/talented players can make it over established lower level "stars."

Jury is still out on Adams but this is the hopeful/optimistic phase. Being a Philly phan, I realize that being cynical/pessimistic doesn't make one feel any better when the negative perspective becomes truth.

10. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Adams should be starting any time the NT plays.

11. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has to cut out the bad passes/turnovers in in his own half - had a few of those this year and under way more pressure in BL it could be something that keeps him off the field.

that said, i think he will be ready right away to jump right in....hopefully he can improve on his chance creation from through balls/passes etc - he has that in his game just needs to do it more often....

12. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Having Marsch there is bound to help. Curious to see how much he gets on the field this year. Even if he doesn't play a real roll until next year, it looks like a good position for him. The whole intra-club thing is an interesting twist.

13. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

He got half a season to impress them. If he doesn't demonstrate that he deserves a spot with RB Leipzig, they'll likely send him over to Salzburg next season.

14. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets remember that while RB owns the club Adam's contract is actually owned by the MLS single entity so RB Leipzig has to offer a fair market value transfer fee or MLS can reject the transfer. It is not really intra-ownership group.

I would not expect that Adams will get any run coming in as a 19 yo mid year transfer. Demme who is also a small ball hawking high work-rate CM is 27 and has been one of the best ball-winning DMs in the BuLi the last couple of years. Kampl (28) and Sabitzer(24) are more technical and better offensively but they are also cut from the same mold, smaller high work-rate CM who will get after you and get stuck in.

Tyler should fit right in but let's give him 6 months in the reserves.

DHC1 and Paul Berry repped this.
  15. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he wasn't contracted to the New York Red Bulls. He was contacted to MLS.

xbhaskarx repped this.
  16. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And we've seen MLS hold out for more money in the past when the team was ready to take a lowball offer (I think Geoff Cameron and Brek Shea?)...

17. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Adams and McKennie started side-by-side in 352 or 4141 in 4 matches against some very good midfields. Adams looked the better mid, imo. He has elite stamina and--for a CM--pace. With the US, his passing has been good. He reads the game well; he gets on the ball.

RB Leipzig play a system similar to NYRB's. Leipzig's coach is high on Adams. Everything sets up well for Tyler to succeed.

18. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get it. If you think MLS rejecting an offer to buy a player amounts to conspiracy and slavery, then why would you not then boycott all professional soccer? Offers are rebuffed all the time, everywhere.

deejay repped this.
  19. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is it that we're supposed to see here? All I see is that "doesn't work" symbol, on my computer and on two different browsers on my phone.

20. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously, satire is not your strong suit.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  21. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adams can be prone to mental errors that he can get away with in MLS. Check out the goal that handed Chivas the Champions League semi-final.

Playing regularly against stronger opposition should fix that.

22. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering about that. Didn't seem like your MO. Thanks for clarifying.

Dirt McGirt and onefineesq repped this.
  23. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    ^ Maybe the thread starter, @TheFalseNine, could be persuaded to change the thread title to exactly this.

Or perhaps more cryptically: Tyler Adams: Automatic Starter!

TheFalseNine repped this.
  24. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    I'm actually kind of with you. He seems...decent, I guess? Beyond the motor, what's his standout skill?

25. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    That was in April.