Tyler Adams

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by TheFalseNine, Nov 9, 2017.

1. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Adam's is still out with small knock.

nowherenova repped this.
  2. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    10 minutes in and RBL has conceded another goal WITHOUT Adam's on the field.

3. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    We are talking about a small number of games, but the difference between Red Bull with and without Adams has been stark. I still need to see how it plays out over time and I really want to see how Adams reacts to a run of bad form (which happens to all players), and how things work out next year when he's more of a known quantity, but I can't imagine his entry to Germany being better than this. I don't think anyone expected him to just step out there make the kind of difference he has. He's been fantastic. If Adams keeps this up over time, any coach not building around him in the center of the park is simply going to look foolish. I can't wrap my head around a world where Berhalter doesn't eventually realize this.

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately for Leipzig, they are being cut to pieces through the middle of the field. But for some poor finishing, Leverkusen would have 4, or maybe 5 goals in the first half. They have been shockingly bad defensively.

5. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Yeah, I turned it off shortly afterwards, but gave up a decent chance around the 15 minute mark. If only Leipzig had Adam's... at right back!

6. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leverkusen scores again, to go 3-1, but called back for an offside (player feigned touching the ball, but dummied it. He was deemed to be involved with play from offside position). Leipzig looks horrible.

7. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leipzig is playing the GB model, which is not using a true ball stopping DM. No Adams and no Demme. Kampl who is a good CM is instead manning the base of their diamond.

The just reorged into a 4-1-3-2. It is at least an honest attempt to say if we are going to have an attacking lineup lets go for it with an attacking setup.

8. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    If Adams has to withdraw from US camp, let's hope it's a precautionary measure and not because of a new injury.

Maybe USSF could barter with Leipzig to have him play the decisive U-23 qualifier in October.

9. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Where did you hear this?

10. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Guy from Dallas has sources saying cannon called in... Some other dude tweated that Adams was out. I wouldnt call that confirmed.

ebbro repped this.
  11. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    #811 schrutebuck, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Yeah, I've jumped the gun on Adams being the player. It could be somebody else, most likely a DM or fullback (what if it's Bradley?) If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

This thread needed a bump anyways for the Gold Cup.

12. Konut

Konut Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    welp replaced him with a rb. we are so screwed.

btlove and nowherenova repped this.
  14. UncagedGorilla

Barcelona
    Sep 22, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Guys, he's been in Germany. I'll bet that meanie Tim Chandler got to him and poisoned him against playing for the USMNT just like he did with Bobby Wood...I trust SUM is all over this one.

Seriously though, this is a big blow. Hopefully this time off does him some good and he really breaks out next year.

15. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunate, but probably best. He has been playing non-stop for over a year.

wixson7 repped this.
  16. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good. Get some rest and prep for UCL.

17. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    His groin injury sounds pretty serious.
    Apparently he was seen grabbing his crotch and shouting after Gregg told him he'd be playing right back so Mike and Wil could play the 6.

Namdynamo, USA-Zebuel, Statman and 11 others repped this.
  18. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    6 ft. Leprechaun and Marius Tresor repped this.
  19. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

[​IMG]

You win.

Dervos and adam tash repped this.
  20. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    RedBull have, prospectively (admittedly) a chance to win the whole thing next year. The UEFA CL that is. Presumably they are adding in some bonus players in preparation. But that 20 yr old defender that plays next to Adams is good and so is Adams. They have a playmaker in Forsberg. Poulsen is great. Captain Orban is tops in defending.

I'm so excited about this team in CL that I have no problem with Tyler skipping Gold Cup.

C'mon, people, Lozano, Vela, Chicharito, Herrera, Llanez all passed on Gold Cup.

And Tata's Tri are still favored:(

Deep Wilcox repped this.
  21. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Get the rest, son. You don't need to be part of the horror show.

22. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup, he doesnt need this embarrassment on his conscious

Hopefully it is Cannon called in as his replacement. id like to see him push Lima some. Both are good right back options.

23. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Pretty sure this was a breakout year.

USA-Zebuel, btlove and TimB4Last repped this.
  24. UncagedGorilla

Barcelona
    Sep 22, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I certainly think it was but I'm talking about a Bundesliga season best 11 breakout year. The kind of year where you start hearing that Real Madrid and Man City are considering putting in bids for the guy. Heck, if he had a full year there that might already be happening. We've seen the ebbs and flows of Pulisic's career, here's to hoping Adams keeps it rolling.

25. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    I just hope he fully recovers. Lingering muscle injuries are the sort of thing that can haunt a player's career. I really hate that he's missing the Gold Cup because we really need him since we are so lacking in top tier talent, but getting this kind of injury taken care of is important.