Tyler Adams - the best non-Christian Pulisic prospect in the USMNT pipeline

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by scoachd1, Mar 27, 2017.

1. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    This thread is awesome.

I've said before I don't understand why everyone here is so definitive in their opinions of players. There's a lot of people in this thread who very damn certain about some things that were very, very wrong.

There's nothing wrong with that.

But I find it funny some of those folks are still very, very certain in their opinions of young players and prospects.

sXeWesley, deejay and Marko72 repped this.
  2. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Just goes to show how much talent evaluation of young players is a crap shoot. Even the biggest clubs with the best minds around bring in far, far more players than actually plan out at younger ages. Most guys simply don't pan out while others surpass expectations. This is why the US needs to raise the level of all players to really improve things rather than hoping to identify just a sliver of top prospects to receive special attention. Even the best will fail when trying to identify a small group of teenagers who they think will be the best adult professionals.

Magikfute repped this.
  3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you measure desire and willingness to work hard? Even if someone can be seen to have worked very hard how can you tell if they still will once they get a bigger paycheck, fans, people whispering in their ear and girlfriends, wives and family.

4. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The number of young promising players that dud out in their early 20s is extremely large. There are examples of the Freddy Syndrome all the time. What you need is a large number of these types of players in the pipeline at all times... Then you only need one or two to hit super-stardom and a significant percentage to be serviceable players in the Euros in order to make waves in the WC. I think the U20 talent for the US is pretty solid right now. I see Pulisic and Adams as the two front-runners for super-stardom... but it will take time to find out whether they reach that level.

5. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those like me that really miss watching Adams play ball... here is a highlight video of his relatively limited time at Leipzig last season:

Impressive.

6. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    What I get from that video is that Tyler is a much better distributer of the ball than the narrative would suggest.

sXeWesley, btlove, DHC1 and 1 other person repped this.
  7. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    #232 dams, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    FWIW I was just listening to Sirus XM FC and Dunseth and Michallik were interviewing Berhalter. They asked him about Tyler Adams and what his status is and what position he should be playing when he gets back. GGG said that he has been in frequent contact with him in the last couple of weeks and he is getting close to training with the team now. I think he said maybe a week away. Regarding Tylers position he said something to the effect that he thinks Tyler is best suited playing "Central" or "Centrally" and that he was looking forward to working with him when he gets back. So not sure what that means and he certainly left room for interpretation but at least he didn't flat out say he is a right back.

NietzscheIsDead and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  8. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will have to go online and listen... thanks for the heads up. About a week away? I want it to be true so bad... Couldn't happen at a better time for Leipzig after suffering their first two defeats of the season.

9. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    I think he said around a week or something to that effect. He also talked at length about Mendez and Ledezma being left off of the roster. Sounded to me like they are aware that they have a really pissed off fan base at the moment and are in a bit of a damage control mode right now.

10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully it isn't too late... you know Mexico has already approached them (and Uly) multiple times trying to get them to defect. If we lose any of these three to Mexico I am going to flip. Aaronson gets the call and not any of the U20 players in Euro that can choose Mexico if they want to? Just lame.