Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    When I read your comment without looking who wrote it, I was sure it was Suyuntuy....I didn’t see the game so I have no opinion.

I’m hopeful....

2. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Very true. The way Leipzig was playing, with few "safe" passes meant he had to have a pretty good sense of the tactics and his teammates. That makes for a good showing in my book. He should be able to garner a lot of minutes just by bringing that combination of energy and smarts into the games. Leipzig will be pushing hard to finish in the running for a UCL slot, they will need bodies, especially ones that can contribute.

3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    His sense of when to press and how much. His anticipation of the play and the judicious use of his ample stamina are very high for 19 year old. Passing could be more adventurous but ball security is quite good. He is very much a kid to watch out for.

4. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler looked composed and fit right in. Oh yes and he is how old? 19 ..... yes he will do just fine.

scholes181818 and Suyuntuy repped this.
  5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Looked great. It was raining hard at times which doesn't show up on screen all the time and game got sloppy.

I think he will be starting before long after getting some sub minutes here and there. Just needs some more practice with his teammates.

We never know how committed a club is to a player but I think Tyler is in the right place with Leipzig. There was talk of sending him to their Austrian side but I don't think that would help him much.

6. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Having Marsch there, a coach who sees Tyler as integral/lynch pin to his teams in the past, is huge.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Why on earth would Leipzig buy him to move him to Austria? Might as well just leave him in MLS!

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wouldn’t be permanent that’s why. They’d have him go there to play the second half of the season while the MLS is still on break. He’d also get Europa League experience in the knockout rounds against Brugge. That’s a far far better option than just staying in the MLS. This way he’d get consistent PT and Europa League experience. He’d then return at the end of the year and ready for their preseason to go into a legit battle to earn a spot vs coming in to a side mid season that’s fighting for a champions league place in one of the best leagues in the world. It’s actually a not a bad idea.

FirstStar repped this.
  9. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Playing against Brugge in UEL for two games would be great. But playing in Austria wouldn’t. He’s too good to go down a level from mls. It would’ve been a bad idea. He’s where he belongs.

Saturday vs BVB will be one of the games yanks abroad fans get hyped for.

10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You’re looking at it all wrong. Look at it like this.

MLS starts March 2nd. Austrian league ends March 17th. This is him most likely getting rotational at best minutes in the second half of the season in Germany or getting regular first team minutes for the second half of the season in Austria while playing in Europa league or not playing at all in the MLS. It’s gonna be hard for him to get PT in Germany half way thru the season when their fighting for champions league. This gets him minutes now. When their league ends he returns to Germany to fight for first team minutes. It’s all mute if they think he’s ready now but if he isn’t going to break in a sort term loan isn’t the worst idea. And is better than him being off for 3 months.

11. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are couple of game against Brugge better than a season of starting in MLS? The Austrian league is below MLS as well.

12. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In MLS he wouldn’t play at all through March, but Austria would give him games in the meantime.

13. kickin365

kickin365 Member+

Mar 4, 2002
    He’d have a settling in period in Austria then maybe 6-8 games then really have his back against the wall to integrate in Germany in the middle of the second half of season if he is shipped back and forth. If it seems like he can keep up in Germany it just makes a lot more sense for him to stay there.

Not to mention, does the transfer window in these countries even allow for a 10 week loan or whatever it would be?

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it would be a short term loan.

It’s a valid point that it could be better to stay in Germany but I’m stemming from after winter break if they don’t think he’s ready it’s a decent option. If they think he can play role now then he should absolutely stay.

15. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, I agree. I was only responding to the question about MLS versus Austria.

16. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The first part of the Austrian season ends March 17, then there's a split into two 6-team groups (championship and relegation) with another set of double round-robin fixtures within each group.

superdave and Winoman repped this.
  17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the added info

18. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
  19. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Well the talk of the Austrian Bundesliga came and went pretty quickly.

TarHeels17, Deeneaus, Trav-Man and 4 others repped this.
  20. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Let's hope CP is in the 18.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

KenC, edcrocker, PalmettoSpur and 5 others repped this.
  22. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    What positions are they looking to use TA? Thanks.

23. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the two preseason friendlies, he played as a 6 and like a RM.

DHC1 repped this.
  24. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    On the bench. 1st game, congrats TA!