Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am now on the Reyna train.

2. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not sure what people were watching. Tyler was terrific. He is top ten on the planet for his position.

3. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler is a total stud. He could have had three assists today.... all on fantastic vertical through balls that just were not put away. He is also all over the field... has tremendous speed, fantastic touch, tackling etc.. Anyone that is bagging on how he played today needs to get glasses. And if anyone tries to blame the goal on him they better go back and watch it again... even the commentator said it was a bad pass. As a matter of fact I thought he wouldn't even be able to get a touch on it. Adams is legit and will be elite if he stays healthy.

4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You could give him shared liability for the GA but I wouldn't because I don't want to turn him into a neurotic defender. They were playing a team they should beat and he should play aggressively.

5. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He does things that are harder to see and don’t show up on stats. He does things that require deep intelligence on the field, and he’s doing them as a teenager. I thinks it’s possible he “better” than Christian, but he will never create/score goals at the same pace, so he will never be worth as much money.

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    RB?

Gorky and gunnerfan7 repped this.
  7. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite parts are at 0:09 where he does the Jedi thing where he knows where the danger will be and flies towards it before anyone else is, and at 0:45 where he hits a crappy pass and explodes towards the sap who collected it and now the poor bastard has Tyler all over him like a swarm of bees.

1218728742861697024 is not a valid tweet id

wixson7 and WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  8. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't agree. If I'm TA's coach I'm telling him to take that big brain and expand it and figure out just how to become a crucible for goals in midfield.

I'd take that 70m tag on Puli with a grain of salt for various reasons. He will not be resold for anything near that figure. TA is already better than Ngolo Kunte in important areas like defending/pressing. Kunte is listed by transfermkt at 100M.

One thing I'm happy with is that Germany is better at rehabbing than England. Adams would likely have been wrecked for life if he had been in Premiere League. Our boys should be studying German in high school.

adi21 repped this.
  9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And we're going to need those three in top form to make Qatar, considering we have no strikers and a wobbly defense. And only decent keepers, unlikely to save our skin on their own.

10. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While maybe true overall (we’d need to see data), it’s interesting to note the RBL rushes TA back for a Cup game and that may have cost him an extra half season on the injury rehab.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Now it's in Klinsi's hands. If he can get his revenge on those Bayern goobers, Leipzig keeps the distance.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    You post some cray stuff so you shouldn’t be surprised!

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Bayern has entered Beast Mode. I doubt Leipzig can win this one.

14. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately... I am afraid you are correct. I hate Bayern with a passion... I would rather any team win than them.... but they always seem to turn it on during the 2nd half of the season and even when they don't play well they seem to win in the end anyways.... it often looks lucky... there is even a saying about it.... but great teams find ways to win and they generally do. I do think that Leipzig has the best chance at taking it if isn't Bayern because unlike Dortmund, they can play defense. But my money would still be on Bayern to win it again... and oh how boring it would be.

largegarlic repped this.
  15. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    This is spot on. I'm not going back to read whatever negative comments made you post this. Our national team needs to be built around him, not CP (I'm a big CP fan). For him to be out for 3 months and then walk back into the starting line up of the first place BL team speaks volumes. He does everything on the field, covers so much ground, distributes the well, breaks up attacks, creates chances from deep.
    I will not watch a national team game if he plays RB, Gregg can go F himself.. And while I'm at it, CP needs to play on the left, not central.

USA-Zebuel and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  16. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think both of them can be on the pitch at the same time, and they could be very complementary. I also disagree with you about CP but that's for another forum. ;)

As to TA, my thoughts were he is a very good player evidenced by him walking right back into the starting line-up after walking right into it mid-season last year. Talk about taking the Bundesliga by storm, this dude is his own one man blitzkrieg. I also think with the position he plays, not being noticed is not necessarily a bad thing.

PalmettoSpur and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Best match so far for Leipzig?

18. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    He's a talented player, keeps possession well, all good. No half-way decent team is built around a deep lying midfielder, even ones named Kante, Makalala, Dunga.

19. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Damn, USSF will fold up if that happens ;)

20. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    Pirlo at Juve? Spanish National team 2005-2015?

deejay repped this.
  21. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Alonso was the deep midfielder in Spain and nobody would say he was the heart of the team. Pirlo was very important but surely he wasn't the deepest midfielder at Juve. He couldn't be because he never ran or broke a sweat! ;)

22. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've never understood the concept of building a team around 1 person.

nobody repped this.
  23. Golazo69

Golazo69 Member+

Aug 2, 2017
    What? This is the hot take of the decade thus far, it’s Kante by the way. Did you happen to see any of the World Cup in 2018? The one where Kante was a superstar and his team won the cup? Or have you watched any premier league in the last 5 years? The league where Kante has already proved himself one of the best central midfielders in the history of the league? Sky is the limit for Adams, but he’s nowhere near Kante yet. I think TA has played a grand total of like 13 games in Europe, total, hold your horses man.

24. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Tyler is a far better defensive mid than Kunte in all areas except for interceptions where Kunte has a special sense. It isn't even close. b.t.w., Kunte is now playing as an 8, not a 6. That should tell you something. And I don't do "hot cakes".

25. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kicker gives adams a 3 :)