Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    It's our worrying that has become chronic, but who can doubt that some level of concern is fully justified at this point. We're still in the dark, and reports of Adams' imminent return can no longer be trusted.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The word "chronic" to refer to Adams situation has been used by the media in both English and German:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ll-miss-gold-cup-with-injured-groin/39571579/

"The U.S. Soccer Federation said Tuesday that Adams has acute chronic groin issues requiring six to eight weeks of recovery."

https://m.en24.news/news/2019/11/24/tyler-adams-will-return-to-training-next-week-with-leipzig.html

"The former NYRB player last played the Leipzig shirt on May 25 in the German Cup against Bayern Munich, where they lost 0-3. Since then he did not step on a court in Germany or with the National Team due to a chronic groin injury and foot discomfort."

Etc.

"Chronic" is not the same as "incurable," but it's a tad more worrying than "recurring."

3. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    Fans they pay homage, but haters say Adams fell off

How? His last injury was the chronic

They wanna know if he still got it

Gorky repped this.
  4. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and yet .... June 2019 versus Dec 2019

5. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm blowing some chronic just to take the edge off the worry.

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    never gets old.

orcrist, russ and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  8. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    would love to hear a positive report a few days after his initial training right about now

9. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it probably was getting old but embraced my inner lameness and let it fly.

orcrist, tomásbernal and wixson7 repped this.
  10. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep hoping for that when I see new posts in here.

russ repped this.
  11. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not necessarily bad news, but I found this article from a few hours ago.

It says that Tyler Adams won't be featuring in their Champions League match tomorrow and that he didn't participate in training on Monday.

This is probably just RB easing him back in slowly before the Winter Break.

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably just didn't travel with the Team... I don't speak German but it appears that the practice was in Lyon. If you are not on the Team for the CL match then you are probably not traveling with them. Again, I don't subscribe to this whole doom-and-gloom "chronic" argument... but I still don't expect him back until after the break. As you said, they are going to take it real slow with him. Heck, the team is flying high right now.... not assured he will even get a starting spot when he is healthy. Gonna have to earn it with a new coach and all.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    "Chronic" doesn't mean he won't recover, it only means he'll be out again suffering of the same problem eventually, without a doubt.

14. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either way... I choose to stay relatively positive about it. If he comes back and plays and then suffers the same injury then I would likely change my mind and except the term.

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, if the groin 'chronic' trouble was caused by the foot, and the foot surgery was successful, he may be 'cured' for good. Cross your fingers.

16. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are really wringing a lot of interpretation out of the choice of one word by a writer who may or may not have actually known anything about the injury.

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    That's what this article says:

https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/verletztes-rb-talent-tyler-adams-beim-guru-in-salzburg/

Note: MFL = Method Franz Leberbauer, a patented method of functional training that maps movement through the body of the athlete. In short: a holistic view, that has allowed several people suffering of recurring/chronic injury to overcome them.

RB player Tyler Adams has gone to Fuschl am See to seek treatment for his foot injury with sports scientist Franz Leberbauer. Will he be able to return soon after the long injury break? The last time he was on the field for RB was six months ago.

Leipzig? MFL? In Salzburg? Thousands of exercises for a great result?

Frankfurt's striker Sébastien Haller (now with West Ham) was treated in Franz Leberbauer's practice in Fuschl am See, with success, for abdominal muscle strain. The new-Gladbacher Stefan Lainer and Wolfsburg's big transfer Xaver Schlager swear by the comprehensive 15,000(!) exercises program, the Franz Leberbauer Method. 15,000 ways back to happiness, back to freedom from pain, regaining elasticity and motor skills.

FORSBERG HEALTHY AGAIN THANKS TO MFL

RB star Emil Forsberg traveled several times to go through the MFL of the 64 year old sports scientist, and thanks to Franz Lebenbauer and the similarly inclined physiotherapist [Goldfinger is slang for a physio], Alexander Sekora, his problems in the adductor and abdominal area could be put under control.

Forsberg's career was hanging from a thread, now he's figuring once again for the Rasenballers [nickname for the Red Bulls], doing his exercises every day, and likely to spend his last years as a player with the RB in Leipzig.

ADAMS IN FUSCHL AM SEE

The seat of Leberbauer's Alinus LLC is on Haydn St., in Salzburg. There are stars, starlets, and normal everyday people there. And now another ace was sent by the Red Bulls: Tyler Adams, US international, arrived with his injury to Fuschl am See. The subject of the first examination was the possibility of intensive care with Leberbauer.

YANKS WANTED ADAMS

However, the USSF had other ideas: they wanted Adams with the National Team. Not to make him play, but to provide warmth and security. And, of course, to have their own physicians and physios examine their high-achiever, from head to toe. Adams said no to the USA and yes to Austria. Meanwhile, the history of suffering of the gifted midfielder has reached biblical proportions: as he was recovering from his injury to the adductors and abs, he managed to get a foot injury.

LAST TIME HE PLAYED WAS SIX MONTHS AGO

And so he was out again, without the stability to participate in pain-free meaningful training. Result: in the current season, the ex-NYRB player has not played a minute. The last time he went the full 90 was in March, the 5:0 against Hertha.

After eight weeks out, Adams then played again on 18 May for the 1:2 in Bremen (64 minutes) and in the Cup final against Bayern on 25 May (0:3, 65 minutes). Since then head coach Julian Nagelsmann has been waiting for the young man who came in January to replace workhorse Diego Demme and be celebrated as a new star in the sky.

Now he should be able to get back to work. At least with the technical training. Light at the end of a much shorter tunnel is also available for Marcel Halstenberg and Nordi Mukiele. Both will be fit for the home match against Cologne (23 November, at 18.30). At least that's the plan.

-----------

From that and the success the famous Franz Leberbauer had with previous guys with recurring issues, it seems to me is not a big jump to conclude he went there to overcome a chronic issue (which also means he must continue with the regime of special exercises for the duration of his professional career, like Forsberg is said to do).

Winoman repped this.
  18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    DON'T SAY CHRONIC IN THIS THREAD

DHC1 and freisland repped this.
  19. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Why wasn't this article posted months ago? Kudos to the poster who suspected the recurring injury syndrome way back in this thread.

Good luck Mr. Adams, dear Mr. Adams...

20. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    it's not good to stunt the thread in favor of accurate research/reporting.

nikeboots repped this.
  21. nikeboots

nikeboots Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ohio/Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChrisSSBB, striker, largegarlic and 3 others repped this.
  22. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    this thread is really something

23. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Try another Gym and Chronic - Tyler Adams Highballs at RB Leipzig

don Lamb, ChrisSSBB and Suyuntuy repped this.
  24. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Ummmm. You do know you are on BS, right?

TimB4Last repped this.
  25. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999