Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Leipzig is playing some gorgeous soccer. They demolished the Volkswagens today.

2. Allende72

Allende72 Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Nov 17, 2008
    Wilmington, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the press conference today Nagelsmann said "Adams macht alles bis auf villkontaktsituationen mit, ist noch keine option." Translates: "Adams does everything except complete contact, but is not an option yet."

In this article today from,
    https://rblive.de/spieltag/kevin-kampl-ist-noch-kein-thema-rb-gegen-mainz-ohne-sieben-9841
    Adams und Wolf trainieren wieder, Konaté noch nicht
    Wieder auf dem Trainingsplatz stehen mittlerweile Tyler Adams (Fußprobleme) und Hannes Wolf (Knöchelbruch). Beide haben wieder Teile des Mannschaftstrainings absolviert, aber sind nach ihrer monatelangen Pause noch nicht fit für einen Pflichtsspieleinsatz.
    Summary:Adams back on training ground; Adams (foot problem) has completed parts of team training, but is not yet fit for a competitive match use.

3. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice find Allende. This has gone on way longer than I thought it would. Kid has been out forever. One has to wonder if we will see him at all this year. Seems like we are not getting the entire truth. You hear he is still out due to the groin problem... now it is back to the foot. He is day-to-day... now he is not even allowed to play in contact. In the end it just seems like these injuries were far worse than they originally seemed to be. Such a bummer.

4. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    are all German clubs going all OUT to promote to the English-speaking crowd or just the really big clubs?

"we are not black or white. Our ball has every color." Oh Germans, we get it already :ROFLMAO:

6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1681 Dr.Phil, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Edit read your question wrong...

Teams have relaized that they are world brands and the big ones are reaching out to diffrent audiances.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    "Complete contact is not an option yet"....would a medical someone care to weigh in on this circumstance re adductor region?

Doesn't sound like your garden variety groin pull if still handled with kid gloves after all these months.

8. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.onceametro.com/2019/10/...odyssey-definitely-a-long-frustrating-process

9. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another good find Dr Phil... although after reading that I am left with even less hope that we will see him any time soon. I think I am just going to stop checking in on him... it is never good news.

10. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    This has become a rather depressing situation. Feel gutted for the kid.

11. Freddie Adu

Freddie Adu Member

Mar 6, 2003
    NYC
    Is his career over or something? When is he gonna get back on the pitch?

12. kickin365

kickin365 Member+

Mar 4, 2002
    He might just be really out of match shape at this point will take a while to build that up if he just started training.

13. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the league mandated injury reports in the NFL, etc., this is brutal for me to deal with. The fact that he's training but he's not even getting on the injury update tweets makes me insane.

14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    I really can't believe Adams is still out injured. It has been 6 months now? More?

15. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    The injury initial injury was in late March-early April, IIRC. So coming up on 8 months.

16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    And the leaves that are green, turn to brown ...

Higher Learning repped this.
  17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada

18. nikeboots

nikeboots Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ohio/Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nagelsmann says Tyler will not be part of the squad this weekend and should be back after the international break - so two more weeks. I fee like this is maybe the 3rd or 4th time (feels like more) that Tyler has been "two weeks away"

"Julian Nagelsmann: Halstenberg with a small fibre crack. After the international match break he is back again. Konaté then also present. Maybe in two weeks time he'll be back at 100%. Adams should also come then. Wolf is doing a little bit, but that needs a little more. Orban continues with knee stimulation."

https://rblive.de/spieltag/presseko...or-hertha-bsc-gegen-rb-leipzig-im-ticker-9902

19. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good job finding this tidbit nikeboots. As I stated earlier... I am no longer scouring the web for information on him like I did for months on end because you are correct... this is the 3rd or 4th time I have heard he is due back in a couple of weeks. Unfortunate that he is just out of sight out of mind.

20. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread recently, but are we starting to have doubts about the Leipzig medical team? It just doesn't seem right that a kid this young is out this long--even taking into account multiple injuries.

Dirt McGirt and nikeboots repped this.
  21. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has been discussed in this thread before... but I think it had more to do with them allowing him to come back too early and therefore aggravating the injury. I think there was something else about another player getting the wrong advice too...??? I am too lazy to look for the discussion. But IMO, an injury stint this long gives me more trepidation with respect to the ability of the player to heal. Some people bounce back quickly from things and others are fragile. Perhaps too soon to say Adams is the latter... but it is sure leaning in that direction and that would be one giant bummer. I know that they are not the same injuries... but for an opposing example you may want to check out Mason Mount. He has left the pitch twice this season with what looked like relatively serious injuries and he has missed barely any time at all. Heck, he had to be subbed off on Tuesday and he was practicing again on Thur..

22. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, great find. Love how all we get is a little throw away comment. Would be nice to know more, perhaps RBL are protecting their assets though by revealing little to nothing and trying not to damage his sell-on fee...

luvdagame repped this.
  23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Once he is healthy (whenever that is), is it likely he can regain his starting position? Has the manager spoken at all about him recently?

24. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    A perfect way to describe the comment. Nothing new to be seen here. This isn't the Leipzig medical team not doing their jobs correctly. This is damage control on their part. The longer this goes on, the higher the probability that Adam's medical condition is, from a career perspective, very serious. .

25. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting to wonder if this is 2019 version of JOB. Career over.