Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Misinformation?
    https://rblive.de/2019/09/30/rb-leipzig-training-champions-league-kevin-kampl-olympique-lyon/
    This article that was posted above mentions that he was supposed to join full team training last week but its been delayed because his injury is still bothering him.

2. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Missed information?

3. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missing information?

4. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    I think you have the time line about right. The mysterious, continuing "foot" injury bit makes me think there may be more to the injury story (ie adductor) that is not being said, at least publicly.

5. nbarbour

nbarbour Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not going back through the threads related to him across the boards... but there were at least three sources saying he returned to full training with the team last Monday. If you search now they are all gone. Probably one source reported it and others tagged along. For months there was no news at all... then they say 2 to 3 weeks around 8/19. Last week he is back and a video of him juggling is posted... now the word out is that he has not returned. I guess I won't believe he has returned until I see him on the pitch.... which unfortunately could be a very long time from now.

As an aside: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misinformation

7. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again he is training indvidually. He was going to train with the full team like the articles reported but he wound up not being ready.

Its all here

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know everyone here doesn't like Brek Shea but he was playing really well until a foot problem and IMHO he was never the same after that. I really hope this is not anything like that problem as I really like Adams.

9. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    Yeah but if you’re the Carolina Panthers you just simply play Cam Newton through it and call it day-to-day until everyone finds out what the injury was.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    So is there still massive hate for Red Bull or has it been quieted due to their attacking performances in the past 2 years?

11. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Ahhh man... selfishly I really want to see Adams come true on this dominant Red Bull team.
    Super bummer.

Get well Tyler, we are pulling for your recovery!

12. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
  13. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    He’s basically a week behind schedule though it feels like forever?

14. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    This is the longest injury layoff I've heard of that didn't involve surgery, broken bones, or John O'brien.

wsmaugham and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  15. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about AJ?

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  16. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    He's had fractured bones and multiple surgeries.

17. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope it's not the infamous sports hernia that seems to derail players for a year or two before they get that special surgery that requires 6 months to heal.

IndividualEleven repped this.
  18. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure the delay has to do with the foot rather than the groin.... however, the information related to his recovery has been spotty at best... so who knows? I literally feel like a drug addict that needs his fix... I really miss watching him play.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    With our luck they probably buy his replacement the week before he finally heals up.

20. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    Adams says he hopes to return to full training after Leipzig's October 19 match against Wolfsburg.

https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/comeback-plan-rb-leipzigs-tyler-adams-will-nach-wolfsburg-spiel-zum-team-stossen

Via Google Translate:

"Tyler Adams has been a player of RB Leipzig for nine months now. But after an impressive start, which culminated under Ralf Rangnick almost immediately in a regular place, began for the US boy months of suffering, which is now slowly but surely coming to an end. 'In fact, try to be in training after the Wolfsburg match (19 October, the Red), then I'll have to train a few weeks without any problems, and in the end the coach will have to decide when I'm ready to play again,' revealed the 20-year-old in the exclusive interview that will be published on Wednesday in the SPORTBUZZER and in the Leipziger Volkszeitung."

21. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Let's hope this time is the charm. I don't like the word "try" in this sense. It isn't exactly encouraging when the player himself seems unsure of what his body will or won't tolerate. Got to be tough on the young man just trying to get his career back in first gear.

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  22. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice find DirectK. I gotta agree with matabala on this one too.... I don't like the tenor of his message all that much... perhaps it is in the translation...? or perhaps it is just because he has been out so long? I googled his named every day for months just trying to get further info about his rehab.... but after the last word of him returning to full training turned out to be false I decided just to put him out of mind.

23. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Seems like the usual kind of athlete speak but maybe I just want to believe

24. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... I couldn't help but keep googling his name and finally something new came up. It reinforces that he plans to be back by the end of the month:

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/us-soc...rning-fitness-rb-leipzig-kicker-german-usmnt/

My favorite paragraph is the last one... which contains some information as to why he is considered such a great talent. Being rated as the 4th best DM over the second half of the Bundisliga at his age and as a rookie to boot? Wow. Here is said paragraph:

After joining Leipzig, Adams led the Bundesliga side with 12.16 recoveries per 90 minutes and was second only to Diego Demme with 10.83 final third passes per 90 minutes. The New York Red Bulls’ product also completed 30 sprints per 90 minutes last season, which put him among the top players in his position in the league.

Eleven Bravo and TimB4Last repped this.
  25. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So look for him to start making the bench in November?