Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It won't be waiting for him, but if he's back to his previous level I am 100% sure he will win it back within a few games.

2. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Hello,
    Have you meet BS?

3. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Dude. He was a beast last season, he may have to ease in But this is the one kid that seems to defy the BS negativity.

glutton4Bolts and Mario Balotelli repped this.
  4. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... Adams looks like a dude who will exceed expectations. Absolutely unflappable in the face of advanced competition. Analyst on Sirius XM FC thinks he will be a world-class defending midfielder.

I found another link about his return on Monday to full training:

https://sbisoccer.com/2019/09/tyler-adams-returns-to-rb-leipzig-training

But more importantly, there is a link to a preview for ALL yanks abraod this weekend:

https://sbisoccer.com/2019/09/americans-abroad-weekend-preview-green-sargent-and-more

If this info is legit then Adams should be at least on the roster (maybe not starting). Furthermore, it seems to indicate Llanez would be back in U19 Bundisliga... 6 goals in 4 games is pretty impressive even though it is a youth league. It also says that Brooks and Yedlin are set to return. Because of that... I am not sure if all the info is correct. I have read nothing about Brooks and Yedlin returning.

USA-Zebuel and largegarlic repped this.
  5. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just heard Bundisliga Review on Sirius XM and they discussed Adams and RB Leipzig among other issues.... He said that Adams:

1) Will be back soon
    2) Will have to impress and earn his position... considering new coach
    3) Is confident that Adams will do 2). Says he is perfect for their new style of play.

So perhaps Adams will not just plop right into the starting lineup. Bummer. But I too think that his talent will win out. Just might have to wait a bit until he is a weekly fixture. Hope is comes soon because he is an absolute joy to watch.

6. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    They added a lot of talent over the summer, so it's not surprising. Ethan Ampadu ( a very talented young player in his own right, who can also play in central midfield) hasn't been playing at all. I think Adams will be a big part of their season, despite all the options and talent they have, and that's a testament to how good this kid is.

munichfan9 repped this.
  7. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    Adams' replacement, Konrad Laimer, just got a red card, so this weekend would have been a really good time to get healthy. Laimer (who is young, a 1997) had 22 appearances for Leipzig last year, so a known commodity.

Sorry, that was 2017-18. He had 20 starts last year in the Bundesliga.

8. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... starting this weekend would have been a very pleasant surprise. Regarding Adams being behind Laimer... He may be now since Adams has been out and this is a new coach... but Adams clearly won the #5 slot after getting traded in Dec 2018. He spent his 1st game against Dortmund on 1/19/19 on the bench and then started 8 of the last 9 games of the season. Not bad for a 19 year old w/ less than a month of training w/ his new team. If he comes back fully healthy I expect him to win his position relatively quickly. I think his talent will buck the norm of other US players struggling to earn minutes in Euro. That being said, new coach... Leipzig in unreal form... coming off a long hiatus... you never really know.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Adams said in an interview, after rumors had been flying around that he got mistreated by the med staff at RB forcing him to return too early for his groin problem, that he was set to start the season but a second injury, to his foot, had delayed that.

That would be a six-week foot injury, something not easily dismissed.

However, no outlets are mentioning it. Everybody is saying that Adams is ready to return from his original adductor/groin injury:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...s-tyler-adams-timo-werner-mckennie-harit-7159

https://sbisoccer.com/2019/09/tyler-adams-returns-to-rb-leipzig-training

https://www.sportsgambler.com/footb...gue/rasenballsport-leipzig-v-lyon-2019-10-02/

It's strange. Had he developed a "foot injury" bad enough to keep him out a further six weeks, it'd appear in the medical reports, or on the Bundesliga site. There's no mention of it.

It's possible his mentioning such an injury was done for the purpose of damage control? The club would hate for their medical staff to earn a reputation of risking players.

mace, largegarlic, USA-Zebuel and 3 others repped this.
  11. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Are clubs in BL1 required to list player injuries? IIRC, EPL clubs are required to do so, at least partly for the betting market. Please correct me if I am wrong.

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good research and comments Suyuntuy. It has been reported in several places that he is recovering from a groin and foot injury... but officially they continue to report the abductor only. It does seem kind of odd. For months I was googling his name looking for new info on his recovery and it was very hush-hush. It is a bit concerning to me... but I am hoping that the fact that they are actually reporting about him now means that he is finally close to returning.

BTW... Harit's "Wondergoal" was absolutely nails last weekend. Just unbelievable struck and incredibly clutch. I can't recall the last time I have seen a USMNT player get a goal close to that caliber. But I digress...

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

14. nikeboots

nikeboots Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ohio/Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sakibomb523, edcrocker, mace and 3 others repped this.
  15. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I repped you for finding this.... although I wish you hadn't and he was set to return soon. I have been fooled again. Foot problems can be really bad. WTF? Seriously frustrated.

16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I'm feeling a little lost here - second half of what?

17. nikeboots

nikeboots Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ohio/Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think second half of last season, but it's a translation issue and I don't speak German.

Edit - They use the word ruckrunde in the original article, and bundesliga.com tells me ruckrunde means games 18-34 of the bundesliga season. So, yea the second half refers to the second half of the 2018/2019 season

bct81 and TimB4Last repped this.
  18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    That makes sense, in context, and that's what I would have guessed - but (we think) there were two distinct problems, abductor and metatarsal, with the latter relatively recent and not traceable (we think) to last season.

Anyway, I feel a certain amount of concern - dare I say worry - is justified at this point. Fingers crossed.

19. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Small correction, he has not joined full team training but is training individually

20. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    I wonder if it's a Lisfranc injury? I know that can take months to heal, even if surgery isn't required, and can happen during seemingly innocuous plays.

Kagler24 repped this.
  21. nikeboots

nikeboots Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ohio/Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea it's all a bit strange. I think the blog I linked got the timing of his injuries wrong.
    Here's my understanding of events.
    Late March - hurts his adductor
    Late May - returns to play in last game of Bundesliga and DFB pokal final
    Early June - evaluated by USMNT trainers and ruled out of Gold Cup because of adductor injury
    Early August - returns to RB Leipzig preseason training and suffers foot injury
    Late September - still out with foot injury.

This is based on my recollection and Adam's interview with bild that was linked a number of pages back. https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...sorgen-mache-ich-mir-nicht-64522740.bild.html

To me the most frustrating part is that the RB Leipzig trainers/staff can't get his timetable sorted out - he probably returned to early from his adductor injury and seems like they kept saying he'd come back mid September from his foot injury, but that was too soon for him

TimB4Last repped this.
  22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Good lord, hope not. That's the one that took Lletget out for the whole of 2017 and arguably you're never the same after it.

23. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I'm going through that at the moment, and all I can say is I seriously hope that's not the case. If it is he could be out for a long while.

Winoman repped this.
  24. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The misinformation is terrible. Why did the media report that he was back to full training? There were several sources that said he was back. At this point, I wish I could just put him out of my mind and focus on the other USMNT players in Euro... but there are so few.... And therein lies the problem with relying on a player or two like CP and Adams to somehow completely change the fortunes of the national team. We need to have enough players playing at the Euro Senior levels at all times so that when someone gets benched or hurt it is just next man up. Program still has a LONG way to go.

25. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There are like, two countries in world football who can do that, and any country would suffer immensely if their two best players were out. Be serious.