Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    People have been waiting for Jesus to return for almost 2,000 years. We can wait a few more weeks.

2. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is fair

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ttrevett, bct81, appwrangler and 6 others repped this.
  4. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we need to find and kick Mark Palmer's ass for him not being fit yet? :p

Really cool to watch! Thanks for posting.

HScoach13 repped this.
  5. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    Dude is living the dream.

Higher Learning and ChicagoVT repped this.
  6. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    he just seems like a normal likable guy. not too squeaky clean

Gacm32 repped this.
  7. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    But those people are convinced that if they die before he gets "here" they will go see him "there". We don't have that option with Adams.

superdave and Pestbeulen repped this.
  8. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I really hope Adams' next move is to Everton if only for the thread title 'Adams and Eve: <some-pithy-thing-here-about-Life-and/or-Sin>'

Cool vid, cool kid, wonder what his team thinks of him riding without a helmet and with a nerdy kickstand on his bike.

9. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Get better/get back.

10. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also see:

11. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Someone might want to explain to Derrick that when we send our players to Europe, we expect them to develop all facets of their game.

12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    SAVAGE comment bro:thumbsup:

13. Bite o' the Cherry

Charlotte FC
    United States
    May 3, 2006
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This from rblive.de
    “Bei Adams ist die Rückkehr ins Mannschaftstraining nun für die kommende Woche avisiert.”
    For Adams is the return into team training now for the coming week seen.

DirectK repped this.
  14. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In Europe it seems most ride without helmets. Especially since it is much safer for cyclists there.

15. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but I once rear ended a car at a stop sign while on my bike day dreaming about a girl. Took a nice spill and had my helmet to thank for avoiding serious injury. Young male libido plus the invincibility of youth = trubs

Winoman repped this.
  16. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    This is some serious Yoda-level s**t right here

LouisianaViking07/09 and butters59 repped this.
  17. Bite o' the Cherry

Charlotte FC
    United States
    May 3, 2006
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Patience you must have, my young padawan.

Winoman and DirectK repped this.
  18. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yanks abroad have been a MASH unit of late... but Adams is the player I miss the most by far. He has the makings of a world-class player and his club is completely dominant right now. The Leipzig defenders are so big and fast... I felt kind of bad for Sargent this weekend... that was a tough assignment. At any rate, I can't wait to see Adams back in holding/defending mid-field. I absolutely hate the lack of news with respect to his progress. Hopefully the "Yoda" comment above is on point and Adams is back soon.

EDIT* I typed the Yoda comment into the google translator and this is what I got:

With Adams the return to the crew training is now announced for the coming week.

Man, I hope so.

19. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Yea I felt like he’s dominated in a top league more consistently compared to Pulisic or McKennie even though it hasn’t been for that long.

McKennie has been decent, Pulisic hasn’t been fun to watch when he play. Otherwise it’s tough to get excited each week to watch our goalie Steffen dominate.

Plus the way RB Leipzig play they are the most fun team in Europe that one of our yanks abroad plays on.

20. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adams certainly played well beyond his years last season for Leipzig... He is my favorite USMNT player. That being said, I wouldn't use the word dominate for any of our players abroad... as in EVER. If he can stay healthy, then I think he has a better shot at actually being that kind of player than CP does... part of it has to do with the position not requiring a ton of goals... which is something US players are pretty abysmal at abroad. That being said, CP has shown flashes of being truly special as well... I am just concerned that he is too slight and will cont. to get hacked down in the EPL. He hasn't been getting many calls on fouls either. He needs to gain at least 10 pounds... That is about the weight Adams is playing at (~150). I watch around 6 to 8 EPL/Bundusliga games a week and the US is flat out underrepresented... and when half of the players that can play abroad are injured it makes for slim pickings w/ respect to rooting for players. Brooks, Yedlin and Morales are of the older guard but they are hurt. CP can't sniff the pitch. Weston is a constant... but does not have a nose for the goal. Sargent is getting some time but is still inconsistent. Dest looks very promising but may choose Orange instead so I am conflicted. Steffan looks very good but he is a goalie and we always produce decent ones. Adams was the one I really thought we be on lock and he is hurt. It has been a tough start to the season for USMNT players abroad. We just need the U20 guys to break thru so there are more options.

21. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I want to read this, but... paragraph's man.

22. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    glad to see that some still value the format of the written word .....

tomásbernal and orcrist repped this.
  23. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah and I am sort of obsessed with the CL and I feel someone like Adams is going to be perfectly suited for the big matches in the CL. And I think starting this RBL are going to be a side consistently in the KO stages of the CL.

25. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001