Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They tend to roll through their database during transfer windows and make individual updates when players move. It'll update sometime this summer.

2. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Adams and Pulisic taking some time off now is interesting. Are they using this as their break and will join up with their club sides immediately after gold cup for preseason?

Or take additional time off after the tourney and potentially be behind the 8 ball with both of them having new coaches to impress?

Aaron Killough repped this.
  3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    In Adams case, I'll cast my vote for additional time. I think he's negotiating from a position of strength, both for club and country, new club coach or not.

On the other hand, Pulisic better take his time off now, because he may be in for the fight of his life (for playing time at Chelsea).

kba4life1 and Aaron Killough repped this.
  4. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Tyler could use a break, one would assume. Bc he went directly from MLS to bundesliga.

but CP had all last summer off, he had multiple injuries this year that kept him sidelined... so burnout isn't a viable reason to take more time after the gold cup.

he needs to continue in his good form, and perform well this summer, so he's ready to beat out pedro/willian for a spot.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or a loan. Works both ways. (That song will never sound the American again, suckers!)

The first 25 times you made this point, I didn’t believe you. But now i do, so you don’t have to anymore.

Bite o' the Cherry repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Maybe when someone told Egg that Tyler plays "at RB Leipzig" he understood that he plays "RB at Leipzig."

lmorin, gunnerfan7 and butters59 repped this.
  7. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  8. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
  9. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aaron Killough repped this.
  10. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It feels like you're arguing with me, but I'm not sure why. I was just posting the update and thought the timing was funny.

But I'll indulge. Adams doesn't really have a value right now because there's no way Leipzig sells him until he gets more time there. It would take a €30 million+ offer for them to accept, and no one is, or should be, making that offer.

So €13 million is fine, if mostly meaningless other than as a data point comparison to other similarly situated youth prospects.

11. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not arguing just looking for your honest assessment. Thanks!

12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I remember the days when we'd be praying for a US player to be rated at 13 million euros (much less a young one).

13. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    He'd fit in fine with Utd's youth movement. They're trying to purchase a newcastle youngster for a truck load of cash that barely played last season. Longstaff made just 10 appearances all season.

Adams definitely has a future with a champions league side. Comparing him to other Utd players, I'd put him ahead of McTominay.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  14. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, Leipzig, next season. ;)

15. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Ha! Indeed.

I should have been more specific and noted it was a champions league QF contender.

IMO Adams is the 2nd best prosect we have right now, behind Pulisic.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  16. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    adams got to plug and play in a swiss watch of a team while mckennie got to swiss army knife on a near titanic of one

17. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I put this through every translator I know. Still no luck.

adam tash repped this.
  18. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Adams was immediately able to walk into a system that he was familiar with and play well on a team as high quality as a Swiss watch.

Meanwhile, McKennie was used like a Swiss Army knife on a team that nearly sank as abruptly and dramatically as the Titanic.

chrome_vapors, Deeneaus, Winoman and 6 others repped this.
  19. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
  20. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Tom Collingsworth, Gorky, Gacm32 and 7 others repped this.
  21. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    And 100% of the raison d'etre for Berhalter's harebrained system.

22. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    I know this isn't the place for it, but "replaced by a a real right back" makes me wonder if serious adjustments to "The System" are going to be made, regardless of 3G's post-Venezuela comments.

Winoman repped this.
  23. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Fingers crossed, for the sake of my summer soccer enjoyment.

Winoman repped this.
  24. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So torn, so confused right now. Guessing his injury from the season is more serious than it felt at first and may require surgery to repair. Hope there's more news that comes out, because it's curious timing given how turd the national team has looked. Best case now is RB can tune him up in time for preseason I guess...huge loss for the USMNT team

25. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007