Two Way Street...

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by Cantona's Eyebrow, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Cantona's Eyebrow

Dirty Leeds
    Togo
    Oct 8, 2018
    As parents, we enjoy feedback on our children's activities be that school reports or informal chats with the teacher.

As a coach, I like to provide the same, to an extent. Quarterly player evaluations, brief match summaries, my door is always open when parents have concerns about their children. Especially, on a welfare basis. I'll provide detailed personal programs for players to follow, in order to address any part of their game. I'll also do my best to try and help the player/family as much as I can in what is a very demanding football journey that affects not only the player, but has wider implications for the entire family unit. But don't, I repeat don't, interfere from a coaching/football sense. You will very swiftly and clearly be told to back up and shut up. If you don't like it, we'll have an irreparable problem. There can only be one captain on the good ship Eyebrow ;)

On a more serious note, what type of feedback do you currently get from your clubs? What do you not get, that'd you'd like to see? Are you aware of any other good methods of communication for parental feedback that you'd like to share? Do you feel clubs as a whole do enough to provide feedback for players and their parents?