TV shows you watch [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by yasik19, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we watched Arrested Development, and what a comedy that is, it boggles my mind that shows like this and Family Guy got cancelled.

Dexter Season 1 was up there with 24 and The Wire for most quickly to be addicted to. Cant start season 2 until the DVD releases so IM at a loss right now.

2. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Arrested Development is awesome, and improves with repeated viewing - it's very very layered and detailed.

How famous is David Cross over there? He's hardly known in the UK, but his acting and stand-up are both top notch.

3. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Mad Men starts its 2nd season tonight. Its one of the few shows I follow and think its fantastic.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For the CSI fans...or not cause this is funny as shit, like the show or not!

[youtube]mznsEcZlM2I[/youtube]

5. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So yeah, Heroes season 3 got off to a good start. I really like the show, but dont love it, which may have to do with the poor second season.

Siler is a great villain, miss the Haitian, could do without the Hispanic chick, and really like Hiro.

6. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's all about Hayden Panettiere.

Also, the guy who played Marlo Stanfield in The Wire was in episode 2 of the new season of Heroes, I'm guessing he'll playing a fairly big part.

7. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was excited to see that.

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    can't wait for Office to start.

9. InsomniacsWaltz

InsomniacsWaltz New Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Bay Area,Ca
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Same here I'm really looking forward to the new season of the office.
    Wonder what will happen between Angela and Andy

Does anybody watch californication? It's can be a pretty addicting show. Along with Dexter and Weeds (show kind of went downhill in my opinion after season 2).

10. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really excited about the Office, my favorite comedy.

Dexter is the most addicted to a show I have been since I started watching 24 a couple of years ago.

Weeds is next on the list, since we just finished 6 feet under, and my Brother in law swears by Californication, though I have never seen anything of it.

11. InsomniacsWaltz

Sep 24, 2008
    Bay Area,Ca
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well tomorrow is the season premier of the office and I'm hoping that they answer all those burnings questions that were left due to the season 4 finale.

Dexter can be really addicting I remember watching the last 4 episodes of season 2 straight and then left wanting more. I actually found the leaked episode for season 3 online if you're interested. I think showtime leaks them on purpose to build some hype. They also leaked the first 2 episodes of the new califonication season. I've never seen 6 feet under, but i'll check it out. Californication is a really good show, there's only one season so far with new episodes coming out this month so it wont be to hard to catch up.

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I love Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, Venture Brothers is great.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I watched The Office, all 4 seasons in 3 weeks to catch up to this new season. It's so clever and funny. I love it.

14. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dexter doesn't grab me at all. I love The US Office, although the first series was terrible - it tried to link too much to the original, which was never gonna work. Now it's a clearly separate entity, it's brilliant.

My recent bedtime viewing has been re-watching Seinfeld from the very start... I have about 10 episodes left to go!

15. InsomniacsWaltz

Sep 24, 2008
    Bay Area,Ca
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I liked the 1st season of Dexter, but what really got me addicted the the show was season 2.

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For Lovers of the Office, Arrested Development, please.

Six Feet Under took a few episodes but really liked it from there.

Goota say I love House too.

17. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When's The Office on? Tonight in the US? Sweet, I'll download and watch tomorrow morning.

18. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Ha, that's weird. I've been on the same boat. It never got any form of decent exposure here, which is odd given that HBO's stuff tends to either have huge commercial (Sopranos) or cult (Oz) followings in the UK & Ireland. I actually downloaded it around mid July as well and finished it up a few weeks ago... and can honestly say it is probably the best TV show I have ever seen, as good as perfect in every way. Also, this is far-and-away the best few minutes of television ever:

[youtube]KQbsnSVM1zM[/youtube]

I remember Nice recommending it to me a while back, too - good call! :)

Did anybody else find it odd though, that it is pretty much the most impossible show to find streaming online... anywhere?

19. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    S'all in the game. I got into The Wire via Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe which should also be back soon.

20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I still haven't been able to find the time to watch the Wire. Hopefully soon.

21. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rep you if I could.

22. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Damn straight. The Wire is awesome. I own all but the second season on DVD. There were always a few storylines I never liked too much, but the central core of characters was amazing. THAT conversation Avon and Stringer have on the roof is absolutely amazing.

23. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everything about The Wire is brilliant.

From the chess game discussion about pawns to Omar's tie in court, to Bunk and Jimmy's bullet behind the fridge, to Bubbles's attempts to get clean, to the kids' front and follow, to The Greek and his whole setup, to Michael's rise ("exactly like you taught me - get there early"), to Cool Lester Smooth's miniatures, to my personal favourite quote from the whole damn thing - "My wife, the way she deals with shit sometimes, you would think a lesser man, a cruder man, a man less sensitive to the charms and values of women...not me, but a man like that...he just might just call her a ********."

24. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the theories out there on the kids being younger versions of the diffrent adult characters, like Bubbles and Dook

25. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah it makes a good ending, and completely links in with the theme of 'the more things change the more they stay the same'. Each of the various institutions has to remain in place in order for the others to have a purpose. Very Nineteen Eighty-Four.