Turner/Univision win UCL rights

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by IU Gooner, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You have to go public with those tweets and then they begin to sweat

2. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Their support account asks you to send them DMs. Just as well I didn't go public on this one as I would have looked like the idiot.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  3. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah...it would've been weird. Good to see you sorted out your recent issue.

4. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the first time, Spectrum credentials are doing the trick for TUDNxtra champions league games. Still no dice with DirecTV.

5. bwiorly

bwiorly Member

May 3, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As I just posted in the TUDNxtra thread, my Spectrum credentials didn't work today. At 3:05, I gave up, went to B/R Live and paid $2.99 to watch Lyon-Leipzig.

6. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I posted in the other thread, I was able to get in with spectrum credentials corresponding to an account in Los Angeles (formerly time Warner territory).

7. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I don't have time to watch the matches many weeks. I with the highlight show was longer. And showed all the goals from all 4 groups, they short change one of the groups each week. TNT should want to do this, I pay for cable. I watch a whole game some weeks. I don't want to get Bleacher Report because I'm happy with whatever game they serve up. Does BR have a longer highlight show?

8. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I know it's probably not ideal, but the BR YouTube channel has 4 minute highlight packages for every game from each round.

9. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The B/R subscription highlight show direct from UEFA (I believe) is 47 mins long - and that's Tuesday and Wednesday so comprehensive.

Redbullsnation2012 and AlbertCamus repped this.
  10. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    those are good suggestions, thanks!

11. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Can you elaborate? I have Spectrum. Does it mean that I should be able to access these CL games without paying (to get TIDNxtra)? Thanks.

12. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, if you have Spectrum you can get the TUDNxtra games on the TUDN website or app without any additional payment.

13. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But what about all that uninstalling/reinstalling the app? It seemed like you were tricking the system or taking advantage of a loop-hole by doing that. Otherwise, why wouldn't it just authenticate you fine every time?

14. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Thanks. Just got the TUDN app. Did not know that TUDN is in Spanish only. I have no idea how to navigate in the app or website. I typed in my user ID and password, but got no where.

15. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn’t have to install or reinstall. I signed in once and have been fine on every device. I’ve tried on my Mac (safari), iPhone and iPad. I think the person having an issue had an android phone or tablet.

Redbullsnation2012 and NorthBank repped this.
  16. bwiorly

bwiorly Member

May 3, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes, that was me. For info, I have a Spectrum package that includes Univision, UniMas, Galavision and TUDN.

For the Champions League games on Tuesday, I was completely blocked from all TUDNxtra games on the web site and on the app.

On Wednesday, I was able to access the TUDNxtra games on the web site just entering my Spectrum credentials. On my Android tablet, I uninstalled and reinstalled the TUDN app, re-entered my Spectrum credentials, and was able to access the PSG game. But when I tried to switch to the Atletico game, I was blocked. I did another uninstall/reinstall of the app and got in on the Atletico game, but had to deal with bugs the rest of the afternoon.

I wanted to see what would happen yesterday with the Europa League games, but was too busy with work.

Bottom line for me:
    - It looks like *for now* I have access to the TUDNxtra games on the web site with my Spectrum credentials
    - Things are spotty at best on the Android app
    - Inconsistency seems to be the rule, so what is true now might not be in the future (I had access to the TUDN xtra games for Matchday 1 of the CL, then was blocked for Matchdays 2-5 and the Tuesday games of Matchday 6, then regained access for the Wednesday games of Matchday 6).

Fingers crossed for the knock-out rounds starting in February.

Redbullsnation2012 and bigtw64 repped this.
  17. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Have you tried the TUDN website using a web browser on Android instead of the Android app?

I have noticed those types of issues for other video websites with live tv. And a couple of them just do not work as well on Android as they do on Windows. Maybe someone with more tech knowledge than I have could let us know why Windows seems to work better than Android with live tv that is copyrighted.

18. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the first time today, I’m able to watch the TUDNxtra Europa League games with DirecTV credentials.

19. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    still with directv? I cant survive without BEIN so switched to dish

20. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get BeIN through Fubo and Fanatiz.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  21. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Univision's site today has been pausing the video whenever I switch tabs. Very annoying and probably a first world problem.

Redbullsnation2012 and bigtw64 repped this.
  22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Do they still charge $10/month? I suspended my subscription two months ago since there were no games being played, then was going to renew to watch EL second legs of the round of 16 this week. But I was just able to go straight in and watch, Never prompted to pay.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    NorthBank and Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  24. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for that... I missed the original news about this back in November!

I've been relatively pleased with TUDN's UEL coverage and it helps a lot that they have several (2-3?) mainstream TV channels to show games on simultaneously.

But since I no habla espanol, I'm most concerned about the article's final paragraph, which talks about how CBS won the English-language rights. I'll post my concerns about that in the other (CBS) thread.

25. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I'm sure almost everyone here knows this already but BRLIVE has made all the CL games from this season. I think they've done the same with Europa. If you missed anything, now is a good time to catch up. They are also playing some classic games, some which are edited (stupid) but some are not. I'm currently watching (or revisiting in my case) that classic Fulham-Juve game from 2009-2010. It was a thriller.

AlbertCamus repped this.