Turner/Univision win UCL rights

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by IU Gooner, Feb 24, 2017.

1. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    #301 portugamerifinn, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Real hot start to the Champions League group stage for B/R Live...

I took the plunge on a membership right as the matches were starting. I was in Firefox at the time, but the video screen said the browser lacks HTML5. Not a big deal, I just open Chrome instead. I arrive at the B/R Live site with the Barca-PSV match playing (free for 10 minutes), but sign into my account for unfettered access. Once signed in, both CL matches had "Your event will begin soon" on the video screen. Same thing on the Android app.

Live chat was no help (though they did suggest I try to refresh my page because that's totally not the first thing everyone tries before asking for help). I finally just went to Twitter and found a solution from another experiencing the same issue: click "LIVE" on the video screen, which I had never considered was actually a working button rather than an icon as it appears to be everywhere on the site. Of course that only works online because of the "LIVE" being clickable; on the Android app the matches still show the message because the "LIVE" icon actually is just an icon there rather than a button.

Update: I switched off the "Spoiler-free mode" and now the app works. What a disaster of a website/app design. So I guess I can either watch matches live or not have scores spoiled while also not being able to actually watch anyway. It's like they didn't test the features beforehand. I really hope the Roku app isn't a debacle too.

2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Oh Jonathan Pearce on the call at Anfield. Interesting (maybe not to everyone's taste)

3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is it just me or is the Napoli game not on that Univision site?

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I don't see it either. I don't understand the logic of Univision airing the PSG-Liverpool match on Univision and Univision Deportes. Galavision is also airing Porto v Schalke?

5. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  6. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    I have a really basic question, maybe you know. Do all these websites -- fubo, B/R Live -- have replays? Or do you have to be there and watching live?

8. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    BR Live postgame just awful if you wanted to check in on the other matches than what they aired on TNT. They showed "highlights" of non-goals and not actual goals, did a check-in on Americans where it was just awkward because there wasn't much to show, and showed tables that didn't tally up points as if it was the NFL or something.

9. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I eneded up subscribing to B/r because every one of the spanish channels- galavision, univ, univ deportes and unimas look so weird on my tv. Like they zoomed in closer and the clock was totally cut off on my screen. Anyone else have this?

10. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Question for anyone who watched the matches on TNT today, especially the 3PM match: did TNT show scores of the other matches during the game action on-screen, like Fox used to do? I noticed they didn't do this during the playoffs, but they may have changed for group play.

11. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nope

Maybe that is your aspect ratio setting on your TV

12. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Better highlights on ESPNFC on ESPN+ for CL. I just FF through the punditry. Nowhere near as good as the officially produced highlights shows were, but better than whatever the hell TNT showed after the games.

Redbullsnation2012 and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I managed to pre-purchase today's Juve game for $2.99 yesterday. The experience itself was awful though. Signed in through Safari on my iMac and it didn't list any game as being purchasable. Even the ones that were currently airing. Tried searching for the Juventus game for tomorrow and search showed up nothing. Tried logging in through Chrome and got and got the same issue.

Went to my iPad and used the iOS version of Safari, logged in and then it asked for an activation code. WTF? So I just refreshed the browser and it went away. This time I could see the live games that were playing and there was the option to purchase them. I tried search, and it worked fine. Was able to find the Juve game and it allowed me to pre-purchase the game, so I did and it went through with no issues.

Tried the B/R Live app on my Roku so I could make sure I was logged in and everything would work fine during game time, it was a hot mess. Had to delete it and reinstall it twice before it actually worked.

What a cluster******** this service is. It's a massive step backwards for the CL in the US.

daniloni and Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  14. The_TMangrove

The_TMangrove New Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Aug 20, 2018
    Happily, there were no results from other games during the match. I just skipped halftime and was able to load up a replay from another match afterwards without knowing the score.

I'm not sure when replays are actually available as everything is on delay for me because of work.

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #315 HomietheClown, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet:

There's Full Replays available on TNT's Website https://www.tntdrama.com/sports/uefa-soccer. All you have to do is log in with your Service provider credentials (It says the cost is $1 for some strange reason but anyway) The games available are obviously all the ones that have been on TNT going back a few weeks.

Redbullsnation2012 and AlbertCamus repped this.
  16. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Univision or BR should definitely do a Simulcast like they do in Spain. So through some backchannels, I get to watch the spanish Simulcast that jumps around games on my laptop, while I have the main game I want to watch on my tv. If BR offered that simulcast (requires a very good pbp man to carry it), I would consider signing up. For now Univison is good enough with my cable package.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #317 HomietheClown, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    The streams are also available on iOS and Android (Watch TNT apps). The cool thing is that you can start watching on one digital device and continue at the point you left off on a different one. As soon as I went to check the games on my iPhone it showed me where I left the game on my laptop. ( That is kind of a cool option in my opinion.)

As for OnDemand on my Dish Hopper receiver the Bacelona-PSV game form yesterday is available to download but the Liverpool-PSG game is not listed.

Is that the same case for DirecTV, Comcast, etc. costumers?

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They only showed other scores at halftime and during the post-match show.

I can't think of anything to complain about in relation to the TNT coverage.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have to say that I am enjoying the new staggered times for the Champions League. Not only because they can separate more marquee match ups but also because it was interesting to see Champions League games being played while the sun was barely still out.:p
    Gave a different feel to the Camp Nou for instance.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  20. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Fubo has DVR, but you'll only be able to watch/record/replay the matches that are shown on TV channels (TNT/Univision). B/R Live has every match available live and on replay. I skimmed through a few matches last night after work.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  22. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    The B/R Live app is glitchy in some of the weirdest ways. Yesterday I couldn't watch matches online or the app until I turned off spoiler-free mode. Now I'm watching Benfica-Bayern on the Android app and it's working great. However, as soon as I go to full screen it starts buffering consistently. As long as I don't go full screen it's perfect.

23. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    TNT streaming via browser has been mostly good for me so far. Univision streaming has been a lot messier.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes. On Windows 10 (Chrome) Univision's stream has been hit or miss with some buffers.

On the Amazon Fire Stick it has been flawless though.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Was there technical difficulties during the Bayern match on Bleacher Report?

Univision's stream lost the feed and had a scoreboard up and we missed something important.