Turkey , Georgia and Armenia join Asian federation

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Fahad Ns, Apr 10, 2009.

1. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Greetings guys, im an American -Salvadorean, and I like football all over the world, and here in southern california there is a lot of armenian. you know its funny Armenians here have reputation of being arrogant, but I have respect for Armenians ..but back to the top I have 2 questions.

Wouldn't it be better for Armenia qualify through asia ???

Why does Armenia Qualify through Europe, I felt that happened because if they play arab countries, they would be harassed, because you guys are Christian nation ?

Do armenians actually believe they are ever gonna make the world cup?

2. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They wouldn't make the FIFA World Cup, they may do a little better but they wouldn't be a top 5 nation in asia, far from it.

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they'd probably be at a similar level as Uzbekistan, whom they just beat 3-1 in a friendly. Their clubs would also get regular playing time in the Asian Champions league which would definitely be beneficial imo....

4. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    so do you know why they qualify in europe, not asia.

5. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Holy shit! what have it with being a christian nation or not? do you think all countries in asia are muslims? you most be an american.......

6. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either that or there's another 'Los Angeles' somewhere... :D

7. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

Well Armenians do have issues with muslims for centuries, and I never said all asians are muslim.

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Because, if you're no chance to qualify either way, Europe is a better confederation. Seriously, if Uzbekistan went to UEFA, they don't qualify anyway so the difference would be 1. All their players can go to european leagues without too much hassle, 2. In WCQ & Euro Qualifying every team takes part so Uzbekistan would get to play at least 4 games against 2 powerhouse nations. Plus, possibility of Europa or UCL, thus more money. Obvious reasons really.

9. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uzbekistan has chance to qualify in Asia, so if Armenia is as good as Uzbekistan, they would have chance to qualify in Asia. Though I don't know how good Armenia NT is .
    Anyway, I don't think they would be harassed due to merely being Christian nation in Asia. Majority of Filipino are Christian, but there is no problem in Asia.

10. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    They lost to Spain last year 1-0 in Yerevan, not bad.

11. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Haha didn't see the location :D

12. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Armenia has good players. Henrikh Mkhitaryan is one of top players in ukranian league.
    Also Armenia NT might strengthen with Joaquin Boghossian, one of top scorers in argentinian league.He can choose between uruguay and armenia.

Armenia can win saudi arabia and bahrain.Playing in Europe is just harder.
    I mean last two-three world cups. Saudi arabia lost 8 - 0 to germany , 4 - 0 to ukraine.. north korea lost 7 - 0 to portugal.ARMENIA Drew Portugal in last few years in qualifiers.

IMO Asia is very weak after positions 3 & 4(after s.korea and japan).. I prefer we stay playing in europe even if it means not qualifying to world cup.Much better we make it to world cup if we are good.. not coz we are playing weak squads and embarass ourselves in front of the whole world later.

13. iranitiger-redded

Jun 30, 2010
    Armenia has no chance in Asia.
    Some of their NT players played in the Iranian league but they were totally useless.
    Their players have never succeeded in the top 5 Euro leagues.
    At least Iran had Daei, Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Zandi, Karimi (Bundesliga), Rezaei (Serie A), and Nekounam (La Liga).

Their tiny nation has no resources, no money and no tradition.
    They are hopeless forever.

14. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

LOL. I doubt Iran is way more stronger than Armenia, and they have more tradition than you think, and im not Armenian, I am Salvadoran, and armenia has tradition enough that even I know about.

15. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    WHen I was talking about harrasment, im talking about middle eastern like if Armenia traveled to Syria or another arab nation. But I didnt know, thats why I aSKED.

16. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I mean, When Filipin NT travels to Middle east,there is not problem. Also more than 60 percent of Aussie are Cristian, but I don't think their NT is harrased in meddle east.

And I understand Armenia NT is decent side who has good chance against any Asian top teams, but Asian so called Big 5 are virtually same level, and currently both Iran and Saudi are bit off form , while in 90s they were only Asian teams who won games in WC. Asian has more depth than some outsiders think, there are also China, Iraq, Uzbek,Oman,Kuwait,UAE....

Anyway, Armenian want to play in UEFA, so let them play there.

17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Why do some posters on here think Armenia are a good team? What have they ever achieved?

We don't now what they will bring to Asian football until they enter Asian football. And thats not happening.

It would though, be interesting to see them play in some sort of CAFF championship along with Uzbekistan, Iran, Tajik and Krygzstan to begin with.

18. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Syria itself has one of the biggest Armenian communities worldwide.

19. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

serious, I knew there's a lot in Iran as well. I understand theres a lot of ethnic mixture the middle east like for example there's such a thing a jordanian-Cristians, or assirian-palestini.

20. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

I think armenia will have a great team eventually, because that is traditionally is their favorite sport, when you have that anything can happen. plus not only that , I read somewhere that said that Armenia was the most educated country of the old russian states, so they have certain capacity. and just because they haven't acheived nothing yet, I think they will.

21. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    ok fair enough,

22. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

At least Iran had Daei, Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Zandi, Karimi (Bundesliga), Rezaei (Serie A), and Nekounam (La Liga).

NEVER HEARD OF THEM. I wont even bother to even look them up because judging by the way their names sound, they sound sucky...

23. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    both of you deserve a big slap in the face for being so...
    Iran and Armenia are brothers. Armenia's closest allies are Russia and Iran. Iran and Armenia go back thousands of years. They were part of Iran for CENTURIES, and after the Turkish genocide we accepted hundreds of thousands of Armenians. I've lived in Julfa for some time which is the Armenian community in Isfahan, Iran. You don't understand the relationship between Armenia and the ME, specially Iran which is practically a brother country and Iranitiger is probably an Armenian hating Turkish troll looking for a fight.

btw, Ali Dai "is the world's all-time leading goalscorer in international matches and played in Bayern Munich, Mahdavikia played in Germany for 12 years (8 of those years for Hamburg), Karimi also played in Bayern Munich etc...
    Both of you should get a good spanking for trolling.

24. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Don't get worked up over iranitiger's flame-baits. He was an impostor sock-puppet who got caught. (A Korean pretending to be Iranian)

25. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    So they should be great because it is there favorite sport. What kind of answer is that? It could be used for 80% of the world.

Most educated country of the former Russian states which tells us what? They are up against krygzstan that has been in turmoil. Uzbekistan which had a bloody fight not long back. So your comments don't really stand out.