Tulsa Roughnecks FC Super Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by USRufnex, Sep 13, 2009.

1. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
  3. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks to me like you were sitting with The Grid. At least you are loyal to the color green. I mean, I get it...you went to college in OKC, etc. You are still welcome to watch games man! We are an inclusive bunch.

4. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #604 USRufnex, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    I did not at any time sit with The Grid. Ever. Period. Repeating the same lie over and over again (on twitter, no less?) will never make it true. I took a couple of photos of them in their new digs next to the restrooms and away from the end of the stadium they'd always been in... then I returned to my seat on the other side of the east stands.

I proudly wear Tulsa Athletics green and yellow, the colors of our grassroots club that pre-dates the founding of an OKC Energy entity that owns 37% of Tulsa Roughnecks FC.

I would find it far easier to support USL in Tulsa (and maybe even buy some of their merch) had they not tried to co-opt our soccer history by naming themselves after a storied club after that well-known nickname (owned by Prodigal LLC/Funk Jr, btw) only garnered 49% of the vote in a name-the-team contest.

When you try to make up sh!t about me on twitter, you're not trolling... YOU. ARE. LYING.

5. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #605 USRufnex, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    The tax for Tulsa County's Vision 2025 is set to expire; the next set of projects is being debated. The original tax paid for the BOk Center as well as a laundry list of other smaller projects. Unfortunately, the soccer stadium pushed by MLS and Lamar Hunt did not make the original list of projects that passed public vote for approval in 2003.

Here are the proposals for extension of the tax....

Soccer stadium, biking, sidewalks among Vision pitches
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/gove...cle_1a142b9f-78f1-5dc3-a6c5-37e70bdde5ba.html
    The Award-Winning Appetizer... "Boston Avenue Multi-Sport"

[​IMG]

Two that could qualify as Bread & Butter (or meat & potatoes if you prefer)
    1. Field of Dreams
    2. Mohawk Sports Complex

And the 8k downtown stadium proposal submitted last night (halfway down the list is the powerpoint presentation... https://www.cityoftulsa.org/our-city/vision/submitted-proposals.aspx
    The Outdoor Performance Center
    Youtube records of last night's proposals will be coming soon...

janks repped this.
  6. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #606 USRufnex, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  7. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
  8. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roughnecks really pushing for that playoff spot.

Gibson is off of the team and heading to Malta.

9. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll be a stadium for the Roughnecks.

10. janks

janks Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Tulsa
    Club:
    --other--
    Hate to see him go.

11. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    And the Athletics.
    After all, it wasn't the Drillers FO who were making the pitch, it was Elliot Nelson... too bad the Q&A after the presentation isn't on the above youtube clip. It was quite eye-opening.

12. janks

janks Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Tulsa
    Club:
    --other--
    And Monster Trucks! He specifically mentioned Monster Trucks!

13. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are other pitches coming.

14. TulsaUltras

TulsaUltras New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Monster trucks are awesome, but I really doubt Monster Jam would come to such a small outdoor stadium, they are used to filling up 60k stadiums.

15. janks

janks Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Tulsa
    Club:
    --other--
    Damn! Guess we better hope that one of the pitches coming is a MTSS.

16. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Late night thought, but if you could merge the two clubs into the Tulsa Roughnecks United that'd be pretty much the sweetest thing ever. Always a little bit missing at the Roughnecks game and it's likely just the fact we're split up. Our guys, in particular Zach/Cody/Mason, do a great job with what we have but I feel like when we went to OKC we took about half of Tulsa's potential section. The soccer stadium will happen and everything else is fine and dandy, but there's always just a little bit missing.

17. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than that, big win against the Switchbacks on Wednesday. We're now 6th in the West and in a playoff spot. At Sacramento and Louisville coming to town look to be the biggest obstacles ahead. Glad Sammy is finally producing. Brady has turned out to be one of the better players in the USL once they put him in his natural position.

18. janks

janks Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Tulsa
    Club:
    --other--
    Yep..barely squeaked that one out against the Switchbacks. What, like one shot on goal? They had Brady locked down and off his game. Good to see this end of season push by the Roughnecks though. I am not optimistic about staying in the playoff group but it will be fun following it.

19. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough draw against Real. Need two wins next weekend at home to keep this strong push going. Sitting in 7th place with 32 points. Orange County and Sacramento both have 33 points at 5th and 6th place respectively. We've got the tie breaker on OC.

20. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #620 USRufnex, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Throwing away another club's identity is no way to unite Tulsa's soccer fans.
    If Tulsa Roughnecks FC decides to start a PDL club alongside OKC's or tries to rebrand the NPSL club, that would be... well... regrettable.

21. downtowndan

downtowndan New Member

Apr 1, 2015
    The Athletic Roughnecks United Worldwide Prestige of Tulsa FCPDLNPSLMLSNASLFC

22. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hate to take Rufnex side, but this sounds very much like the BS that was thrown around when Tim McLaughlin bent his friends over and popped us as one of the owners of the energy.
    "Uniting The Soccer Community" was one tagline I saw. BULL$4!+!

23. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our situation is different than OKC. The root of the issues between the two clubs is the NASL Roughnecks.

24. janks

janks Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Tulsa
    Club:
    --other--
    That is some of it. However, in my opinion, I think the bigger part is the impression that "Big Money" swooped in and plucked away the groundswell of momentum that the Athletics had achieved -using it to their own advantage and destroying any upward mobility that the Athletics may have had . I mean,at this point, I don't think the hardcore supporters would be any more enthusiastic about supporting a USL team called Tulsa City FC. The fact that the new guys are called the Roughnecks is just another bite of the turd sandwich. This is about squashing the dream..

And in the interest of full disclosure, I am a fan of the new Roughnecks and a season ticket holder.

25. TulsaTime

TulsaTime New Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big Roughnecks supporter here, first time in the forum.

Great match last night, would have been great to get 3 points but a draw against a side like Louisville City is not bad by any means. Roughnecks looked really prepared and took Louisville city out of their game, especially in the first half.

That goal by Quinn was phenomenal, check it out if you haven't seen it yet.