Tu Predicción de La Copa America 2007

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by JacopeX, Feb 15, 2007.

1. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    You proved me wrong.
    But Paraguay and Chile did went farther than Ecuador .
    I guess Ecuador should have gone farther.
    But this is not Ecuador's first time to fail badly in Copa America's take that into consideration.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's true that Ecuador has had a pretty poor run in Copa America...but they really haven't started to have a team that could even be considered some kind of "competitive team" since 1999-2000...and to be fair, group B with an inspired Mexico and Brazil's future was tough.

But before we get ahead...for your consideration, a brief history lesson:

In Peru 2004 Ecuador were paired up with Mexico, eventual runners-up Argentina and Uruguay.
    In Colombia 2001 they were with hosts and eventual winners Colombia, Chile and Venezuela and despite comining in third of the group...the went home early.
    In Paraguay 1999 Ecuador was paired up with Colombia again, winners of the group, Argentina and runners-up Uruguay...

So historically speaking - Tough groups!! But it is fair to say that they actually deserved to lose all those games and deserved to go home when they did and no one would argue. No one is making excuses, but look at the groups and it is easy to say, "What are the odds??"

This time around, I am afraid they actually had a good showing but once again, against 2 much better teams, a bit of poor luck (goes either way). So it would have been cool to see them play in the quarter finals based on how they played these last 3 games (not how they performed over the past years) especially compared to the other teams such as Paraguay, Peru and Chile that participated instead!

Yes, Ecuador should have beaten Chile but they fell asleep for the last 20 minutes because the players were conformists and the coach forgot that strategy during a game is allowed with something that is known as substitutions. Mora the goalie...not sure what he was even doing there. Hurtado, time to go...thank you but you and your buddy De La Cruz...make way for new, hungrier players.

To end this by repeating my original comment - It is sad to see Ecuador go home early.

3. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX

what are you, six? stop it with the name calling. oooh, but they only lost by one goal. Coming in last in your group almost guarantees that ecuador had no chance in the quaterfinals anyway

4. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Observations:

-Don't know what happened with Colombia? Supposed to be their "A" team & they DISAPPOINTED!! Looks like Pinto is out (or, should be??) & it's back to the "drawing board" for the cafeteros!!

-The USA was full of fight & determination but LACKING in skill and technique...not surprising considering the "C" team they took!! A "slap in the face" to Copa America but unavoidable because there was NO WAY we could get our top players from Europe since it was not a CONCACAF tourney!! But I hope that the 2009 edition, we will send a better & more competitive team to the Copa!!

I will say that the USA played even with Argentina for 60+ minutes & outplayed Paraguay for long stretches, with our "C" team, so it was not a TOTAL embarrassment but I would like to see what Donovan, Beasley & others could've done!!

Colombia....QUE MALO??!! No ha palabras!!

With my two countries out, I have not watched the rest of the tourney but just hope that Mexico doesn't win....though, I think Argentina will take care of El Tri in the semis!!

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Más predicciones:
    1.Argentina
    2.Brasil
    3.México
    4.Uruguay

6. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mi predicciones:

Brazil 3-1 Uruguay
    Argentina 4-2 Mexico

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No kidding!! Really?? :rolleyes: *sigh* I give up...

8. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    Mexico 1-0 Argentina extra time.
    Brazil 1-0 Uruguay

9. Zinha87

Zinha87 New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Mexico 3 Argentina 2

Brasil 1 Uruguay 2

10. bsas