TSV 1860 München: How Löwe can we go? 15-16 Season thread

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Mailman44, Jul 15, 2015.

1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are you watching this match? I have it ready to run one YouTube. But it has not started?

2. Gerdoner

Gerdoner Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Well, ******** me.

Edit: @georg, sorry I just saw your reply. Hope you didn't see it at all, trust me, it was for the best. Horrible behaviour on and off the pitch.

3. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed the whole thing, oh well perhaps next season we can find ourselves in a promotion battle.

4. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    I've been to the match and after all this I have to say Regensburg fully deserved the win. For 1860 this is the worst case scenario for the club as we know it (I read only 6 players have contracts for 3. Liga? in any case costs exploded this season, and this is the result of it). I like to be optimistic and hope this is a good chance to fundamentally reform the club, to go back to basic etc.

5. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yeah, finally...bro

6. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shocking result. You are right that the changes that couldn't be made after finishing 16th and 15th are suddenly possible after relegation. I wish that weren't the case.

7. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A long time coming...

Hope relegation to the 3. Liga can spur this mess of a club to reorganize itself into something that could actually function.

Hope Ismaik bails, he's been the problem more than the solution, and I also hope we get out of that crippling stadium deal.

8. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    It seems unlikely that 1860 will play in the 3. Liga next season... and that's actually the best case scenario. 1860 goes into insolvency, Ismaik pouts and leaves for good, the club restarts in the Regional- or Oberliga. Worst case scenario: Ismaik gives them the few million Euros needed to get the 3. Liga license and continues to run the club into the ground.

9. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

The troubling part is that all bank accounts are rumored to have been emptied...

10. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Ismaik essentially is the bank account right now.

11. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    So, 1860 will not play 3. Liga (they will try to play Regionalliga, but it's not a sure thing yet) but Ismaik still wants to stay... at least it won't get boring then, I guess.

12. Gerdoner

Gerdoner Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Yeh, that's the worst solution of them all.
    I'd rather play in the lower leagues without Ismaik. If push comes to shove, I could find peace with playing 3rd division with Ismaik. But being an amateur club with Ismaik is horrible.

The Bavarian Football Association just instated another rule 3 days ago that the 50+1 rule is in effect in its leagues aswell. Ismaik (quite rightly) thinks that this is done just b/c otherwise he would now have 60% of the club and announced that he's going to court to abolish the 50+1 rule once and for all.

It doesn't get boring, does it :D

13. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Worst of both worlds, going down and still having Ismaik around. I hope the e.V. finds a way to shed the KGaA, they are down anyway and Ismaik showed his worth with this move.

Gerdoner repped this.
  14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #189 msilverstein47, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...tion-amateurs-license-fee-060217?sf84560277=1

Jun 2, 2017 at 1:49p ET
    1860 Munich will no longer play in the professional leagues and their entire existence is in doubt after majority shareholder Hasan Ismaik refused to pay the licensing fees required for them to play in the third division. The debacle comes at the end of an embarrassing week for the formerly great club that won the Bundesliga in 1966.

The club has been in a spiral all season, tumbling down the table in the 2.Bundesliga and finding themselves in a relegation playoff. There, angry fans caused the match to be delayed by 15 minutes and injured 10 police officers on the field. The team ended up losing the tie, 3-1, sending them down to the third division.

15. Kingsborough United

Apr 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get out of the club
    Get out of the club
    You Jordanian b---ard
    Get out of the club

16. Gerdoner

Gerdoner Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    So, today is Matchday. After yesterday's news about the (temporary!) solution to our financial problems and the inevitable fact that we'll never play in the Allianz Arena again (well, until we play CL in 2025 ofc ;) ), today is all about the sport.
    With Memmingen and Burghausen, we have two hard matches at the start of the season. Still, I am really looking forward to a young team with some familiar faces (Mauersberger, Mölders, Gebhart).

17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did Olic' stay?

18. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course not. He was only signed for one year, but 3.Liga, let alone Regionalliga would have been unthinkable.

19. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Olic retired.

20. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Gerdoner

Gerdoner Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    So, we are leading after 12 Minutes in the promotion play-offs. Getting promoted is kinda important, because I'm sure we'd lose key players if we didn't manage it this time round.
    Also, 3rd Liga is epic next season with FCK, Lautern and KSC... I so want 60 to be in that league :D