TST resales - running update

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by StanleyUK, May 7, 2010.

1. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Re: TST7 resale

For the opener I was in the 3rd row ;- ), on the side close to the corner.

2. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

And in the finals?
    I got row T, I have no idea where that is.
    What did you get?

3. avocats

avocats Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Pacific Northwest
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was never able to get the resale page to load for more then three seconds before it returned to the home page. We ate our USA England tickets. Thanks FIFA. Each year it just gets better. Almost enough to make me an NBA fan. Almost.

4. dblock10

dblock10 New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

I'm in the same boat. I can't get in to sell my my TST Portugal tix. To make things worse, I spoke to customer service who also tried and failed to log in and still they refused to help me out. All I was told was to keep trying and send emails. I can't believe this runaround/

5. tullyite

tullyite Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I put up my spare Ivory Coast TST-7 for resale and my status has been "ticket sold" on fifa.com for some time. When I picked up my tickets at the airport on Friday, I still got a final ticket as part of this package (but no other matches). Don't know whether this is a mistake or whether the TST was only partially resold.
    Anyway it now seems I have a spare Cat 1 ticket to the final.

6. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The website shows 2 of my tickets as sold and 2 as printed, but I got 4 finals tickets. I wonder if we also have R16, QF & SF tickets, and how much refund we'll get ...

7. thegingershrimp

thegingershrimp New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    I originally bought 4 x TST7 follow Serbia. I resold 2 through the FIFA site but when I picked up the tickets in South Africa the machine also printed these two extra final tickets.
    I have just been and printed the knock-out stage parts of the TSTs and the machine printed the last 16, QF and SF of all 4 TST7s.
    So I have the last 16, QF, SF and Final ticket for the 2 x TSTs that I resold through Fifa.
    They are still marked as resold in the Fifa portal (not printed).
    I have tried contacting Fifa to ask what to do but no surprise that no-one has been able to offer me any advice at all.
    Can anyone here give me any advice? I am worried that as they are printed Fifa won't give me a refund. But if I therefore sell the tickets, what happens if they don't work or someone has the same seat number?
    These tickets are worth more money than I can afford to lose and I'm getting really concerned.
    Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

8. ruban07

ruban07 New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi All,

In terms of purchasing TST tickets that have gone on resale, are these available to buy on the normal ticket availability page? How do I go about purchasing these?

I would like to buy 2 tickets for a semi-final and final but am not sure if these are around other than through the TST tickets.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ruban

9. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Anyone got their money refunded yet?

10. Nordino

Nordino Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Haugesund, Norway
    Nope, still waiting for them. I think we have to be patient since FIFA said they would send the money some weeks after the final.

11. bunkmedal

bunkmedal Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    I think it's four weeks after the final. Four weeks seems to be about standard with refunds (similar for airlines, etc.) Never understood quite why it takes such a long time to send people a refund, but there you go.

12. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Interest in the bank.
    If there are 10000 people awaiting for refund of an average of USD1000 each (10m USD), at a conservative interest rate of 5%, that's 41k USD for a months interest alone (or 1 months wages for Blatter).

Makes sense for them to hold onto returns for as long as possible...

13. o5iiawah

o5iiawah Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Or if you divide that among all the federations, Jack Warner got new Air conditioning in his house

14. bunkmedal

bunkmedal Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    That is indeed the reason why they do it, I was meaning more how they can justify it. There is no practical reason for not processing refunds within a week or two, yet every company tends to take a mandatory four weeks (some airlines take 12 weeks).

In terms of airline refunds, the only one I've had a good experience with was British Airways who let you cancel online, immediately sent you an e-mail detailing how much you would be refunded and had the money in my account within a week. That's a rarity though.

15. chaz81

chaz81 New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Impressive that they are able to make that much on interest alone. My opinions of FIFA have definitely changed to realizing that they are interested in maximizing profits like any other organization.