TST resales - running update

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by StanleyUK, May 7, 2010.

1. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi all,

I've started this thread to keep a record of the good and bad news we find regarding the resale of TST tickets.
    There seems scant information available anywhere for how the resale procedure works, so if any of you have luck reselling, or indeed find out from elsewhere how the process works, please leave your comments here.
    There are far too may of us with tickets in excess of $2000 that we are unable to resell through this joke of a process, but the more info we have as the tournament closes in, the better.

Thanks, and good luck to your respective teams in the tournament.
    StanleyUK

2. Ned10

Ned10 New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Club:
    Jersey SB.
    StanleyUK - thanks for starting this thread....I have emailed and called FIFA trying to sell my TST 7 Italy tickets....They provide no answers, all they say is that they have no information.....Well personally I think this is against there re-sell policy which clearly states that TST's as well as individual game tickets would be put up for re-sale. If there is anybody who can provide us with any information there help is much appreciated.

3. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I've also emailed and telephoned FIFA, but have not been able to get any solid information.

The guy I spoke to today confirmed there was no way to actually buy a full TST any more, and that it would be FIFA that would buy the TST.
    When I questioned him how the TST will then be resold, he said he didn't know!
    With everyone that has bought a TST-7 (for any country), it means that there would be an awful lot of tickets to the final that are going unsold, so I am sure they have some kind of plan to resell these, but nobody at FIFA HQ in Switzerland seems to know how this will work.
    All I can hope is that once the single ticket returns are resold, they will turn their attention to the TST's, but time really is running out.

I will call them again on Monday and hope I get through to someone that has a little bit more information, but take hope from the fact GB1204 has been able to sell his South Korea TST.

Fingers crossed!

4. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I tried to add a caption, but couldn't add it.
    I can send it to you if you want it.
    Thee insert image option doesn't work for me unless I choose a URL.

5. adespadey

adespadey New Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Club:
    Huddersfield Town FC
    Thanks for starting this Stan....Keep us posted with FIFA (in)action.
    I have been unable to get out of work commitments and have had to put my TST 3 England tickets on resale. I'm really frustrated by this but even more so that there seems to be no direct way for the public to repurchase them. I can only think FIFA will buy them back and then sell off individual games.
    Thanks
    Ade

6. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Absolutely. I don't know why it's not possible to buy TSTs now, but it isn't.

I can only think that what Fifa will do is buy TSTs back when they are fairly confident that they can sell the individual games. If you have a TST4 that consists of games that aren't selling out, then you're probably out of luck. If you have a TST7 that looks likely to involve popular matches (e.g. at Cape Town / Durban rather than Port Elizabeth) then they will take them off your hands. I guess.

7. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    the only thing that concerns me is that FIFA have said that until they sell their stock of tickets, they won't sell the returns, so anyone that has an England TST they won't go back on sale until the England v Slovenia game gets sold, and as of now there seems to be quite a few tickets still available.
    As Timanfaya mentions, the TST 5,6,7's will be more appealing to FIFA to buy back given they contain 1/4, semi, and final tickets, and it would look very bad to have these games with an abundance of empty seats, but it seems impossible to second guess their intentions. With 30 days to go I am starting to get a bit concerned though. $2500 is a lot of money to be out of pocket for something that you could sell on eBay without hassle if FIFA allowed it.

I will call them again on Monday, and if anyone else has the time to call FIFA in Switzerland then give it a go and report back.

8. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I don't have TST tickets, however I do have 2 x CAT 1 tickets to Game 1 worth $900. FIFA still have not put up a public link on their website to resell tickets - they only have links to sell their own tickets.

I put my tickets up for sale through a link they temporarily posted on the 16 April (see link below) and they currently still show "Ticket to Resell" status. Does anyone know when they will open up Game 1 to sell to the public? It is now 1 month to the world cup and I am worried like a lot of people that I will out of pocket by a lot of money!

Link to resale area on FIFA (currently hidden):

https://ticketresale.fifa.com/Resale/UserArea/MyTickets.aspx

Stanley, can you post the telephone number to contact MATCH/FIFA please?

9. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
  10. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    BTW - the resell is public. Just very stupid programming logic on FIFA's part that requires you to click a button that says "Buy Tickets" to get to a page that then shows a "Sell Tickets" button.

11. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    When I try and access the above site, it asks for my login/pswd.
    I put in the required information but doesnt allow me in. You having the same problem ?

12. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Supa - see post #10 on page 1 of this thread.

13. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Cheers dude, I'll post an update after I give them a call during the week!

Ahh, well they've hidden that well ;) They were taking the re-selling page down virtually every day for the first couple of weeks and then a few days later it would re-appear.

This sometimes happens. It means they have taken the resale page down again and you are putting your username/password into the admin page. I've just checked and it's working ok right now.

14. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yea yea i know that ;) ive been accessing the sell tickets site thru buy tickets but I am not able to log in using the direct resale link. i guess im not the only one ?

15. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I could be wrong but what do you benefit from the direct link that you dont from going thru buy tickets (other than saving yourself an extra step)?

16. lijo11

lijo11 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    I have emailed FIFA on numerous occasions suggesting that their failure to put my TST7 up for public resale is a breach of their own policy on the resale scheme. If my tickets are not sold then I plan to sue FIFA to recover my outlay given that I am aware of many people who would willingly buy an England TST7 if it were put up for sale. They are not being given the opportunity by FIFA and I am suffering loss as a result.

17. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    no benefit. just wondering why i wasnt able to log in the other way.
    thanks.
    United for title next season ?:D:D

18. spludgey

spludgey New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks for keeping going guys.

I'll also call FIFA to try and get this sorted today after work (or whenever they open the office).

I think as many of us as possible should call them up, just to show that there is an actual demand to sell the tickets.

19. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA
    Do you have a link to this policy they are violating? I would also join you.

20. TOPortiere

TOPortiere New Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    +1

definetly in with that!

21. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I'm all for some kind of Class-Action against FIFA is the tickets do indeed fail to sell, but they are covering themselves by saying they will sell their own tickets first before putting the resales up for offer, and with the amount of yellow matches still available there's a chance we will never get our tickets offered up.

What we need is to keep some kind of journal as the tournament is only 30 days away. Can someone start taking screenshots of the ticketing screen showing all the Orange matches? This way we can prove:
    1. We have tickets to sell
    2. FIFA haven't offered either theirs or our tickets for sale.

The more back-up we can have the better. If I had the time I would do it, but sadly I am away with work and cannot check the website regularly.
    Before taking your screenshot (and when on the 'Buy Tickets' site, paste the following into the address bar of your browser, as it will show the data and time the website was last updated:
    javascript:alert(document.lastModified)

Thanks in advance tyo anyone that can take a capture of this data.
    StanleyUK.

22. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I too would be for a class action law suit but you are right, they have covered themselves be essentially giving themselves priority over the selling of their own tickets over everybody else.

What I don't understand is that in the case of my situation, MATCH 1 has never been opened up for general sale of tickets. It has always shown "Not Available" as it's status. I am not quite sure what FIFA are playing at (whether they are waiting for sponsors returns etc up until a certain date) but I know for a fact they have not opened it up otherwise my CAT1 tickets would have almost certainly have sold instantly. I am relying on FIFA eventually opening this up, having their returned allocation sold first and then my tickets being sold. But I am getting nervous that FIFA may end up leaving it too late therefore any international buyers may be put off from having to make last minute travel arrangements etc.

I will try and contact FIFA and get a response.

23. tullyite

tullyite Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Cat 1 tickets for the opening match WERE briefly available for purchase in the current sales phase. I know 'cos I could have bought some but decided against it.

24. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    For Match 1? Really? I have never seen Match 1 or Match 64 with any tickets available. I need to write a bot program to check on my behalf every few seconds :D

25. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Saw the opening match on sale too in this phase.

It was of course also on open sale before the draw. You knew you had South Africa then but not Uruguay.

I've never seen the final on sale on its own but it was available before the last qualifying round in November via TST7s for New Zealand and Bahrain (you had to buy both to be sure and get a refund on the loser of the playoff).