Tryouts for Austin Aztex

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by Habitat, Oct 9, 2008.

1. AztexMessiah

AztexMessiah New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Are You talking about the u-23 aztex? or another team
    Aztex U-23 tryouts are in 2 weeks, you should apply

2. animategrayskies

Sep 22, 2006
    Austin
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Rooney, you should try out....:rolleyes::D

3. Habitat

Habitat New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    3 hours and I have a lot of friends in Houston cause i lived there until late 07...so I make the trip from mon-thursday with another friend and then come home. but now im injured so I'm taking a break and gonna prepare at home for the PDL tryouts

4. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey lads, maybe MA Mo should try out for the U-23s :D.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10FKWOn4qGA"]YouTube - Madin Mohammed 6 Year Old New Zidane in the Making Tracked by Europe's Elite.[/ame]

5. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, my kids are really behind the curve. If they are reading this, they better GO OUTSIDE AND MOVE YOUR ASS!!!!!!!

Daddy needs a cash cow.

6. Habitat

Habitat New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    On the application it says you must be 18-23 to apply.

7. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    Rumor has it that Ben Dragovan (GK) is on trial with Austin.

He was the USL-1 Seattle Sounders back up the past couple of seasons.

Even though he did not get many minutes, he is/was one of the supporters favorite players.

Quality guy, and a very good keeper.

I wish him luck.

:cool:

8. soccerjohn4

soccerjohn4 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Beto has not signed yet he's on the bubble

9. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine, based on some information recently, that there are several players that are potentially playing in the exhibition matches, who may not get signed contracts. I do hope that Beto, irrespective of his age, gets a contract. Hell, he was the 2008 PDL Defensive Player of the Year.

10. LonestarSC09

LonestarSC09 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the first half of tryouts this weekend (Mar 7th-8th) for the PDL Aztex went pretty good. most of the guys were average to a little above average. my suggestion to most of them as a coach would be to bulk up a bit. Although I did see talent. I'm sure Wolfie and Ron will take no more than 5 from this past weekend. One player named "Fred" had superior ball control skills and always had the defenders on the back foot. The other was a Hispanic Goalkeeper from Lonestar who had great positioning. There was a Defender/ Midfielder called "Taz" who stood out from the other defenders. with nice runs from his own half to play the ball forward. good skills. One of my former players "Anthony Hernandez" broke his toe during warmups and never got a chance to shine. The later part of the tryouts went to the bigger fields and got more physical. I saw another 2 players get injured. This coming weekend's tryout will be more players trying out than the 50 or so who came out last weekend. Best of luck to all who tried out. and the ones coming this weekend.

11. rebo10

rebo10 New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    nice detailed overview you gave us lonestarsc09. i only went to watch for about an hour on saturday.
    is there anyone else that went to the tryouts and can say what they did and stuff?

12. LonestarSC09

LonestarSC09 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The number of spectators were quite small. although I did see several former players of the Austin Lightning PDL. Others were Lonestar coaches and staff. At least the players got free tickets to the Aztex/Dynamo game. I'm looking forward to this weekend.

13. keano16united

keano16united New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking for info on 2010 tryouts for Aztex. No info on official site.

14. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You won't find information on this until probably February. The organization is taking a short break (although they're still working hard on various activities). Keep an eye on BigSoccer as well as the Aztex, as we'll post information on the dates here, as Chantico's Army will have folks out watching the tryouts, and we'll most likely have our Spring Supporters Meeting after the Sunday tryout session.

15. TwoMeters

TwoMeters Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been asked the same question more than once, and have even been contacted by a confused potential player or two who thought my blog was related officially to the team.

I think the Aztex organization is missing out by not having a similar notice, with an email address, right on their website. "Hi, sorry, nothing happening right now. Email us & we'll let you know when there is."

(And yes, I've emailed them to suggest it. ;))

16. levyj

levyj New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    London, England
    Club:
    Leyton Orient FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hello all , new to this site .

Trust you all are very well.

Im really interested in coming over from London, England for the 2010 try outs. I e-mailed Phil Rawlins the other day and he said he will let me know when the tryouts are but will be either Jan or Feb. Cant wait to have a crack at the tryouts. Have always played at a high level in England. Bring it on cant wait. Just hope my age of 26 wont go against me . JUst need to get fit again after injuries. :)

Anyone know how much to attend the tryouts and what the costs include.

17. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If memory serves me correct, it was about $150US for the registration fee for the USL1 side (our senior professional division in USL). You also have to apply to the Aztex with a CV and tape (again, based on what I heard from last year). If you're looking at the PDL side (equivalent to international U23), then there is no fee, but I'm guessing you're not interested in that. The Aztex have a banner on their site about the tryouts, so I would check there as well as these boards.

18. levyj

levyj New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    London, England
    Club:
    Leyton Orient FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thankyou for that.

Might have a problem as i don't have a tape of myself playing football, i have never had one and my CV only goes up to i was 21 . so abit out of date as i am now 26 The only professional side i have played for is Southend United FC , since then i have played for numerous teams at semi pro / ameture standard. Will this matter??

At the end of the day i wouldnt pay for my flights over and accomadation if i didnt think i could make the grade . hopefully i will show what i can do once i am on the pitch. fingers crossed anyway.

Shame i missed the gaffa when he and the team were over in England the other month !!!

I just want to proove to people that even though i have had some serious injuries i still can play at a high standard. :) i want this soooo bad.

19. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well best of luck to you lev, one way or another, and I hope to see you in a RAW kit soon. ;)

20. levyj

levyj New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    London, England
    Club:
    Leyton Orient FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheers Mate, really appreciate your comments.

All the best

21. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. AustinAztexFC

AustinAztexFC New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    The Austin Aztex have officially announced their 2010 Open Tryouts!

Go to www.austinaztex.com for more information on how to become the next member of the Austin Aztex!

23. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to go and take pictures of the Aztrex try-outs this weekend if I can. Does anybody have any information on what time the Tryouts will be held?

24. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out this Army article that has details on it.

25. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you!
    I wish this weather would be more cooperative. It will be terrible to have to try and demonstrate ball skills under these conditions, especially since they are not representative of an overwhelming part of the USL season's central Texas conditions.
    I'm worried the fields will be flooded under 3-inches of water and 5-inches of mud!