Trusox Thread - All info, questions, reviews here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Nov 19, 2013.

1. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't TruSox available with a thin non cushioned footbed?

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not sure I know that there is a long version - I thought that the thicker sole was the whole point of the sock.

appleCORR

3. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like they are available...

4. soccercleats1234

Jan 21, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've only been able to find the crew socks in the thin version, not the full length ones. I really like the thin version that i've got.

5. Juneh

Juneh New Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Does this work with everyboot?

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Trusox are designed to work with all boots yes. The problem I have with them (and I have the thicker pair) is that if a boot fits my foot really well, then there isn't really much point in wearing the sock. Or i can't get my boot on very well because the sole of the sock scrunches up and its practically impossible to adjust once your boot is on. I haven't tried these socks with my SF or Obra's yet because I think i'll just have a problem with them not fitting properly.

I do like the extra cushion that they offer on the sole, but you need to get the perfect fit for your foot otherwise you are just messing with them all the time.

As someone said, if you get a pair of boots that fit you in the first place you shouldn't really need these socks.

appleCORR

7. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why hasn't anyone brought the football sock version of the trusox?
    Surely it would be easier to buy the full sock wear a shinguard sleeve, then wear the team sock over the top?

Because every time I see someone wearing the socks they just look like a taped mess

8. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I think its cause its not 'cool' if you use the full football sock version unlike taping it up like the 'pros' do. i literally had someone tell me that when i asked them.

in any case i have the full sock version and its crap. the top part loses its elasticity really easily and i look like Mueller now with my high socks drooping low.

9. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    They don't have other colors and people probably don't want to double sock.

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I actually quite like the Nike Crew socks. It has padding where it needs it (namely the big toe) and isn't as bulky as the trusox. I think the only thing I do like about the trusox is padded sole. So the thinner ones wouldn't be any good for me. My feel don't slide in my boot (because they fit me) so ... yeah. I actually don't think id get them on with my current boot with is the F50 because they are so snug.

I see they are becoming more popular with players though.

appleCORR

11. jw_93

jw_93 Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone know the in's and outs of the TruSox marketing. They say they don't pay any players to wear their product, but I've also seen written that they just deliver a truck load of TruSox to premier league training grounds.
    To me that is almost the same as paying players, as either way they don't have to be like the rest of us, ordering off prodirect etc

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What gets me is, ok for the average person, who may or may not get blisters or whatever maybe buying some tru sox is a good idea, but for professional players who, most of them have made to measure boots. I don't see the point.

they may not 'pay anyone' but they are certainly quick to post images of goal scorers wearing tru sox..

if they are dropping them off at the training grounds, then its just free publicity and marketing for them. They will make the money back because of the stupidly high prices they put on a pair of socks.

13. jw_93

jw_93 Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I definitely agree with this, i shelled out because i suffered horrific blisters from your standard cheap sports shop football sock. Trusox does this for me, although I also dont get blisters from the nike stadium crew but suffer slippage.
    but yes, if they need them, maybe its a boot fitting issue?

14. FootballFrankiee

FootballFrankiee New Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I actually have both the 'football' version and crew sock version of TruSox and not only is a style factor with the smaller socks looking better but they just seem to feel more comfortable as well. Not sure if anyone can back me up here may just be a personal preference. I do know what some people mean about having to ruin a perfectly good pair of football socks by cutting the foot off though! Also agree with the non blister people as well, haven't been affected at all since purchasing and would definitely recommend even though they are quite expensive for a pair of socks. I found this site really helpful before buying - www.trusoxreviews.com

15. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    i think alot of pro's wear them for the added grip which helps with acceleration. thats why i bought them and they were fantastic for me. i really did feel like they helped in giving me grip.

but they also dont last very long in my experience. i was able to get maybe 20 uses out of each pair before the pads started becoming rough. once that happened they started ripping my feet apart. some of the worst blisters ive ever had especially on my toes.

given i paid 80$ for 2 pairs it wasnt worth the investment to me. now if they were just dropping them off at my house like they do at the arsenal training ground id be all for them

jayc23 repped this.
  16. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My trusox ripped off square patches of skin when i wore them. I now use a pair of Swiftwick Pulse One socks under my Trusox and the problem is alleviated.

17. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not a fan. I bought a pair just because. I used them in a few kickabouts closer to the season where I was hitting it pretty hard and doing some full-speed dribbling practice.

I see them all over the place, so I guess outfitting a ton of pros with them was good marketing.

18. Speedbolt

Speedbolt New Member

Jun 14, 2016
  19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They look like the Falke socks to me from the picture you have posted - sadly I've never tried them (not sure of anyone else on here has actually as I've never heard them mentioned) so can't give you any feedback. If people have worn them, then they will come forward with an answer although this is the Trusox thread I'll leave your post for now as it is a similar topic.

appleCORR

20. Speedbolt

Speedbolt New Member

Jun 14, 2016
  21. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Trusox worn by a non kicker NFL player.

Mohammed Sanu of the Atlanta Falcons who plays wide receiver

upload_2016-9-11_18-19-41.png

22. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Ordered 3 pairs to give these a go, Hoping they do the job to prevent blisters in some of my boots, Ace's in particular.