Trump presidency tweets

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Nov 15, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Dont have the video but that Luntz focus group in Uncle Wiggly's Pig Shack was something to behold.

One lady says "George Soros is behind this!" (Jew box ticked)

Another "Roy Moore is an honorable man of God!" (Jewish messiah box checked)

How come I (Luntz) couldn't find any black Moore supporters? "Alabama rid itself of all racial problems after the 80s and only when Obama was elected that race relations got worse" another said, exact quote "In my opinion they be stupid" (Race relations just fine until Obama showed up and was all black & stuff box checked)

And the topper...Cecil B. DeLuded from Cornhole, AL with the "well 40 years ago there's a lotta mommies & daddies who would be thrilled that their 14 year old was being hit on by a district attorney" (End of Civilization box checked)

2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That makes sense. I don't know how any non-Republican could believe that a Republican Presidential nominee would be less likely to favor the wealthy than Congressional Democrats. I mean, come on.

The only analysis I can find about Trump voters' economic anxieties is either anecdotal, or inferred, as in 538's work showing that white voters in counties that were losing jobs were likelier to vote for Trump. No doubt there were some direct poll questions to that effect in 2016, but I haven't seen them.

3. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that polling data at the precinct level really undermined the "economic anxiety" narrative, IIRC.

4. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Given the state of the US economy in 2008, it might've actually been economic anxiety. The kind without quotation marks.

Q*bert Jones III and bigredfutbol repped this.
  5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It still amazes me that Barack Obama could have been dead right about saving the auto manufacturers, the GOP's 2012 Presidential nominee dead wrong in saying they should expire ... and Michigan's voters forget about that in the 2016 election. What? How? It is not as if the guys who were wrong were trying to help them ... the guys who were wrong were the ones arguing that if Michigan fell into the lake, nobody should throw it a lifejacket.

I can't wrap my head around that one, just can't.

6. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    But, in a heartbeat, he'll have Thrush and Haberman in the Oval Office to tell him these exact same things in an interview.

7. Cop Shoot Cop

Cop Shoot Cop Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Not that I am able to provide profound analysis, but this seems to me to be of a piece with the Republican tax plan. What you campaign on is not what your politics and goals in office are. I think that a substantial number of traditional Republicans politicians and policy shapers would agree that a business/industry in trouble should not be bailed out by the government. Republicans who want to get elected obscure this belief and tendency out of necessity -- can't get elected by telling people you aren't going to help them keep their jobs.

Same applies in a different way to the tax plan that is going to conference. Can't tell people you are going to cut Medicare and Medicaid, so talk about how you are going to make them better. But they are "failing" programs/businesses as well, at least in Republican eyes, and as such they need to be left by the wayside as more effective policies and programs are enabled. Of course, it is hard to identify any of these policies and programs...

The needs that are served by the programs, industries, and companies that Republicans are starving of support are visceral, and as such, speaking to these needs in logical terms will more often than not come off second-best to appeals that trigger more emotional reactions.

8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank Luntz has a lot of making up for what he did in 2002 and 2004, but these are a good start.

9. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    See "economic anxiety"

12. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #8412 charlie15, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    This is just vile and obcene..........No words.

xtomx, sitruc and American Brummie repped this.
  13. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, ******** Trump.

14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I don't know how many times I read that this morning trying to understand what it meant or what it was trying to insinuate.

NORML repped this.
  15. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's pretty obvious it's sexual favors, from my chair at least.

sitruc, charlie15, NORML and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    That's the way I'm reading it as well. This is one truly despicable man.

sitruc, charlie15 and xtomx repped this.
  17. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #8417 xtomx, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Worse than the "Romney on his knees" comment.

That was Trump trying to be funny.

This is incredibly offensive.

The man is simply a disgusting pig.
    No, that is disrespectful...to pigs, which are intelligent AND tasty.

sitruc repped this.
  18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unbelievable....and he just empowered the women speaking out against him even more.

sitruc, xtomx and American Brummie repped this.
  19. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    How do you know Trump isn't tasty? I'll give you the intelligent part.

20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    It thinks women of all levels, not just Eastern European strippers...sorry, underwear models...are there to service him.

21. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, I read that Sen. Warren said he was "slut shaming" with that tweet. Is that the proper term to use? Cause isn't slut shaming where you degrade a woman for being promiscuous. Thus meaning Sen. Warren is defending Sen. Gillibrand for performing oral sex for campaign donations. OR am I completely wrong about the meaning of "slut shaming"?

xtomx repped this.
  22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Probably wrong term. Although most pols do have to work it to some extent.

charlie15 repped this.
  23. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeepers. If the next big revelation regarding sexual assault is for female politicians to admit to being forced to perform sexual favors for campaign contributions... That would be huge.

24. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    To make it worse - what if Shelly Adelson was the #1 recipient of such favors? U ever see that creepy motherf#cker?

25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I have seen, the term has taken a more broader meaning, a larger idea of female empowerment.
    Na, doubt it.

American Brummie and xtomx repped this.