Trump Presidency Tweets Too

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or anyone with a pulse that may get her over the polling threshold for the Debates. If that means going to the only network willing to give her lots of airtime, so be it.

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The memory a$$hole:

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    One is a sarcasm/irony tweet... The other.... Yikes!!!

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    47% of Americans say that the whistleblower should be publicly identified. I presume that the same percentage would also like to out witnesses who identify suspects in a criminal lineup. Because, you know, there's no reason for a person to fear their identity being known by suspected criminals. I mean, what would they have to fear?

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was responding to the notion that sitruc reported that some people think that three out of the four in the playoff should be from the SEC. Now, it's a given that LSU should be in, and people are lobbying hard for Bama for... reasons. That would leave either the third-place team in the West (lol I don't care who it is) or the top team in the East (Georgia) as the third.

It's a completely silly notion, but if Georgia beats LSU in the SECCG, prepare for that argument.

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  6. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Question: what was your level of concern regarding Bill Binney, Thomas Drake, and Kirk Wiebe, et. al.? Edward Snowden?

I apologize that this was not in the form of a tweet.

7. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    They need to bite the bullet and create an 8 team playoff. Or better yet, adopt the Harbaugh plan. He was lobbying for 11. 1 from each of the Power 4 direct to a quarterfinal + 6 highest rated at large teams that play one another for spots 6-8 in a QF.

8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    That plan sucks. And so does Harbaugh

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched LSU-Alabama due to the playoff implications. With an 8 team playoff, there wouldn’t be any. I wouldn’t have watched it.

In time the expansion of the basketball tournament killed the value of the regular season. If the NCAA wants the conference TV contracts to diminish over the next 10-15 years, go for it.

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is a good win, along with the other regarding some Health Insurance requirement. We should not scare visitors, even if that pleases Mr Cringe:

fatbastard repped this.
  11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I wish it was an eight team playoff. I also hate the idea of student athletes playing more games and potential destroying their bodies even more.

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Does anyone finds this disturbing?

1194356764310822912 is not a valid tweet id

jmartin1966 repped this.
  15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A shorter regular season plus ranking the conferences would do. Besides it would be only one more game for the finalists.

16. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canada customs agents have the right to seize your smartphone if you don't provide them with your password. Not that I have ever had them ask for my phone and I cross the Canadian border quite a bit.

dapip repped this.
  17. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If Georgia beats LSU, LSU will replace Bama as IMO the best one-loss non-champ team, and you probably won't hear from Saban. You might hear from Ed O. What's weird is that AFAIK, no SEC runner-up has ever gotten a shot. This would be the most likely year for it to happen if it does.

But, yeah, somebody, somewhere is going to make an argument for most very good teams. You'll have to decide for yourself if every yahoo with a computer, a GED and an opinion is even worth the attention of a SM debate.

It sucks because it's still not an all-conference champs 11 plus 5 at large.

That's casual fan talk and shouldn't be taken seriously.

People win national championships in front of hundreds, and occasionally, dozens of fans is my guess. Those natties are no less valid because they didn't hold some random fan's interest.

So let the NCAA worry about that and go win that extra game or two. It's beneath Tar Heels to be this whiny.

Playoffs kill the value of a regular season. There's no balance that can be struck between making sure Carolina doesn't risk injury beating Belmont or Southern on the way to the title or usual respectable finish, and making sure Southern and Belmont have a path to a natty just like the cbb royalty.

D1 is a club. If they want to have tiers within the club, they instead need to have (yet) another division with its own title.

18. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Did you forget 2017 already? Bama finished 2nd in the SEC West and still made the playoffs.

Deadtigers and Auriaprottu repped this.
  19. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, I meant the loser of the SEC title game, not a divisional runner-up. Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: Wait, Bama won the SEC in 2018. You're thinking about 2017, when UGA beat Auburn in the SECCG.

20. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    its just the latest BS defense that they came up with

the problem is 40% of Americans will believe it

dapip and Auriaprottu repped this.
  21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well, yeah, but what I find amusing/disturbing is that Gingrich is the one telling it. I mean, he was the right winger that with the help of right wing media and right wing operatives, blew up a relatively minor affair into a governmental crisis, and made that the MO for the next two or three generations of Republicans.

fatbastard and jmartin1966 repped this.
  23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Your attorney is terrible at Lawyering:

luftmensch, sitruc and superdave repped this.
  24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You know he’s gonna hate watch the whole thing. Just for the LOLs, I hope he rage tweets it too.

Chicago76, sitruc and dapip repped this.
  25. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Out of an entire box of cigars, Bill only used one on Monica.

Out of hours and hours of tapes, Nixon had only 18 minutes erased.

luftmensch, sitruc, dapip and 2 others repped this.